New Comp Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: New Comp Questions
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #0
I am going to buy an iBook G3, but I am unsure about the software I have now. When I use Migration Assistant to take all of my stuff and put it on the new computer, will G3 revert to its demo format? And, if so, what can I do?

Oh, and for you PC people, Migration Assistant is an application which takes everything you have that belongs only to you on your computer, and copies it over to the new computer. So, all your funny little video clips, documents, pix, etc. I'm also worried about Geneforge 3 in the matter of how it will react to the new computer. Anyone with iBook G3s, please reply!

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Dominator52:

I am going to buy an iBook G3, but I am unsure about the software I have now. When I use Migration Assistant to take all of my stuff and put it on the new computer, will G3 revert to its demo format? And, if so, what can I do?
If it does, you can just email Spiderweb Software, provide the name and contact details you registered under, and ask for a new registration code. They're really good about that sort of thing.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #2
For a while, -X-'s games would repeatedly unregister. -X- had to email Jeff several times before he gave up and just put the registered versions onto CD's.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Go into the folder for preferences for the operating system and look for the different Spiderweb game preference files. Copy those files to a disk or flash drive and you can reload them when your games "loses" their registrations.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #4
Thanks!

-X-, are you using Windows or Mac? No Mac game I know of would just unregister.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Go into the folder for preferences for the operating system and look for the different Spiderweb game preference files. Copy those files to a disk or flash drive and you can reload them when your games "loses" their registrations.
Or, in the Avernum series, when you deactivate the character editor.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #6
I buy the games on CD just to avoid that situation, and I use windows xp. All I transfer over from the games is the save states, and the parties I created to use as templates.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #7
Doesn't ordering on CD-ROM take longer and cost more?

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8
It costs a bit more, unless you decide to buy the entire trilogy at once. But you get the registration code anyway, so you don't have to wait for the CD.

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Dominator52:

Doesn't ordering on CD-ROM take longer and cost more?
It takes about a week or two in the U.S. to get the CD (which doesn't faze me too much, I'm a very patient person), and yes, it does cost a few dollars more. However, you can submit the game code along with your email address, so you can be sent a regstration code right away.

And there's a plus side to getting the games on CD: You'll always have a registered copy on hand, in case you ever need to re-install or re-register it.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #10
-X- is using Mac. What is this Windows of which you speak?

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.