The Refuge

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Refuge
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #25
Another reason for seeing fewer Agents is that fewer Agents are needed than Guardians and Shapers. Multiple Guardians are needed to guard whatever is important enough to be guarded, and they always have to be there. Shapers can spend years on research, and it takes more than one Shaper to run a lab. On the other hand, Agents go out alone on quick assignments, so fewer Agents are necessary.

Dikiyoba thinks that perhaps there will be a total of six Geneforges. Two have Shapers for intro graphics, two will have Agents, and two will have Guardians. :P
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #26
What about the two new classes, then?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Corny Cheese:

I have just started playing Geneforge 3 and was at the Refuge on Greenwood Island and I was just wondering if everybody kills all hte guards and people to get the stuff in their rooms?
When playing as a rebel or a loyalis - no. When playing as a munchikin - yes. ("Munchikin" is a term for players whose goal is to make their characters as powerful as possible.)

quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

quote:
Originally written by Waylander:

'Innocent' is such a subjective term. Those in those Refuge admit to being hostile to Shaper rule. They border on being rebels. A loyal Shaper has only one choice, and that it to wipe them out.
This is true from a role playing point of view. A loyalist shaper would exterminate them for expressing contrary opinion. The same way that any real loyalist would destroy Lankan at first meeting, for being contaminated by evil and rebelling.

"You dare question a shaper?! You must die now!"

That's not true about the Shapers as presented in the game. Lankan's crime was attacking a Shaper, and even in his case death penalty isn't the only option. Plenty of characters in the games (including a lot of opinion-asking characters) openly express their dislike for either some Shaper actions or Shapers in general.

As for people in the refuge, one of the questions you can ask is "are there criminals here", which implies that just living in the Refuge (and expressing opinions bordering on rebellion) isn't a crime.

quote:
Originally written by Dxtrgrtba:

Dikiyoba thinks that perhaps there will be a total of six Geneforges. Two have Shapers for intro graphics, two will have Agents, and two will have Guardians. :P

Since Jeff implied more character classes in G4, this method will leave room for about 10 Geneforges. And by then we'll have even more character classes, so even more will have to be made, and Geneforges will be spreading like canisters. :)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #28
The larger population of Agents probably stay hidden from most people. If people knew who killed their Uncle, don't you think someone would do something?
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Bobby Pendragon:

The larger population of Agents probably stay hidden from most people. If people knew who killed their Uncle, don't you think someone would do something?
Yeah, that's my point exacly.I bet for most people, they don't even know that an Agent is around until it is to late. To late of course meaning suddenly bursting in to flame or melting in to a puddle of goo from a blob of acid.

G3 was interesting when you meet that Agent. She had disguised her self. Yet another aspect of Agenthood. You could meet one and never know... :eek:

The Agent is the proverbial boogeyman of the Geneforge world. Er, boogeywoman.

I'd really like to see a game where you are actually in Shaper society, rather than isolated on an island or in some backwater outpost.

[ Monday, June 05, 2006 15:45: Message edited by: Delicious Vlish ]

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #30
She probably leads a life as an exotic merchant and often gets "opportunities" to get rare items and has to leave for awhile often.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Bobby Pendragon:

She probably leads a life as an exotic merchant and often gets "opportunities" to get rare items and has to leave for awhile often.
That's funny... My exotic merchant does come home with many rare and unique items after an extended business trip.

--------------------

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

I'd really like to see a game where you are actually in Shaper society, rather than isolated on an island or in some backwater outpost.
Good luck.

A1/2: Remote, isolated area (caves, exiled), recently settled
A3: Relatively remote, isolated area (quarantine), relatively recently settled
VODT: Remote, isolated area (valley, quarantine)
ASR: Remote, isolated area (island, quarantine), relatively recently settled
ZKR: Remote, isolated area (caves, warzone), never settled
DWTD: Remote, isolated area, recently settled
Nethergate: Remote, isolated area (valley)
G1: Remote, super isolated area (island, quarantine), deserted
G2: Remote, isolated area (valley, quarantine), recently settled
G3: Remote, isolated area (islands, quarantine)

Did I mention that if I never see the word "quarantine" in a Spidweb game or scenario again, I will be very happy? :)

[ Monday, June 05, 2006 16:21: Message edited by: John Paul v. Jean-Paul ]

--------------------
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #33
You know, there could be another entirely logical reason why you don't actually see to many high level Agents.

It is all to easy for them to dominate somebody and then have that somebody kill for them. How is that for totalitarian authority? Criminals could be dispatched by their own wives or loved ones in a "domestic dispute" and not raise a single eyebrow.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #34
The idea is that agents are the invisible assassins and the enforcers of the Shapers. Shanti in GF2 is there to intimidate the shaper and guardian as well as get information. They don't need anybody else to do their job.

First thing the shaper did in GF1 was create an army to protect him and mine the route in to his area. In GF2 there are all those turrets and guardians as bodyguards. Even in GF1 there was a mention that the shaper going to investigate the ruined temple area of the Spirit City needed guardians to protect him.

Agents are sent in to enforce the Shaper Council's decisions. There may not be many of them because of the difficulties in training them (they die in a strong wind). Guardians are the bodyguards and army. Shapers create serviles and other creatures so they can't go anywhere without their creations.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #35
quote:
Remote areas are the easiest to make, cuts back on the amount of detail/dialogue you need to put in. Also, makes the whole monster plague concept pretty easy (just don't make so much sense in a highly urban setting).

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #36
Originally by Slartucker:

quote:
What about the two new classes, then?
Oh, right. Those. Well, they will have to appear as well. But since ten game seems a little excessive, one of them can only appear once, or two of them will have to appear together. That way we will have nine Geneforges, or the Geneforge Trilogy of Trilogies. :P

Now that Dikiyoba thinks about it, Dikiyoba was doubly foolish, for one of Dikiyoba's friends inquired several days ago whether Dikiyoba was playing G7. G7 needs to exist after that comment!
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #37
quote:
Remote areas are the easiest to make, cuts back on the amount of detail/dialogue you need to put in. Also, makes the whole monster plague concept pretty easy (just don't make so much sense in a highly urban setting).
Yes, but This is war towns are destroyed. So a lot would be ruins. With a few people wondering around. Remote isolated places are fun, but now it's war. Battles in the streets, saving refuges, and of course, diplomacy.

--------------------
"I knocked him out, but I managed to hit the reply button before he fell down."-The person behind him.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #38
Agents are just far too powerful, as many people claim, to allow more than a few to wander unsupervised.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

Agents are just far too powerful, as many people claim, to allow more than a few to wander unsupervised.
This just means there are even more hidden super-agents watching the agents. And even more rare and powerful super-super-agents watching the super-agents. And ...

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 6508
Profile #40
Kill them!KILL THEM ALL>IF THEY WANT TO BE HOSTILE TO HAPERS AND REJECTCT SHAPER RULE THE MUST PERISH!uhem.....sorry.

--------------------
Spiders,webs and software is great but Spiderwebsoftware is the best.
BANNED
Member # 7232
Profile #41
quote:
Dikiyoba thinks that Dikiyoba left them alone, but only because Dikiyoba's characters tried and died several times before giving up and never came back.

INTERESTING

--------------------
Froya, Croya......What's the difference, they are all cute!!!!!!!!!
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #42
Using a new account don't change much, felix... You are still spamming. :rolleyes:

Go ahed, and both felix and felix2 accounts will be banned.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #43
Actually, no, Felix's IP address(es) will be banned so he can't log in at all from wherever he is. So it would be a good idea to stop spamming, sir felix!

--------------------
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by Slarty:

Actually, no, Felix's IP address(es) will be banned so he can't log in at all from wherever he is. So it would be a good idea to stop spamming, sir felix!
It seems too late...

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba

Pages