Geneforge 3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Geneforge 3
Apprentice
Member # 7136
Profile #0
which character do you prefer? Shaper, Guardian or Agent?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 24 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=zIYxtkbeVDMB"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=zIYxtkbeVDMB"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
'If it wern't for electricity we would all be watching tv by candle light' George Gobol
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #1
Agent. If I wanted characters in my parties, I would play Avernum.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #2
I prefer Shapers, because they fit best to the theme of the game. Every RPG has fighters and mages, but the idea of magically creating your own army is unique to Geneforge. (I am sure it's been done before, but I haven't seen it in any other game.)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #3
Guardian. Always a Guardian.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

I prefer Shapers, because they fit best to the theme of the game.
What he said.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 7152
Profile #5
I like shapers because I always want to play a male mage, and the agent graphic is too obviously female. So I keep getting shapers and trying to play them as agents. Then I get slaughtered and rant to myself about how magic in games is so sexist.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #6
Why nobody like Guardians? :(

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #7
They have neither the sprawling, messy power of a shaper, nor the elegant efficiency of an agent.

Of course, if this poll had happened after G2, guardians would have gotten lots of votes, thanks to being broken.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #8
I voted Guardian, Magma ... I like being able to stand next to something knowing it will be reduced to a puddle in the next ten seconds. However I don't use creations as a Guardian; the ultimate character for me would be a magical Guardian with no shaping skills. That way, I could augment myself further.

But what's the point of good armor and weaponry if you're not going to use it? Guardians are where it's at.

Am I the only one who thinks of "Donnie Darko" when I see "Dakro?" I loved that movie.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Normally, I like Guardians. I just naturally play a Guardian-type strategy in Geneforge. I didn't vote, though, since this was intended specifically for G3, and I haven't played G3.

Dikiyoba doesn't have too strong a preference for any of the three classes over the others anyway.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #10
Agent. You can just blast away anything without them even touching you. :D

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #11
I'm still grinding through GF2 so I haven't voted. I like agents except for having to creep forward in combat mode all the time to get first strike, At least as a shaper I get to wait until contact with the enemy usually. I'm still trying out different creations, but seeing them stronger than most of my characters is annoying. Shapers can be fun if you have missle weapons skill.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #12
I don't think I've ever played a Guardian. Magic users are my favourite class of RPG characters, and so I naturally gravitate away from melee fighters.

As for Agent vs Shaper, the Shaper has the potential to be as good as an Agent in terms of magic, whilst also being able to spawn up huge armies.

I usually play a Shaper.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Last Flowers xx:

the Shaper has the potential to be as good as an Agent in terms of magic.
This is simply not true. An Agent will always be a few points ahead of a Shaper (given the same skill point investment) in each spell skill AND in spellcraft -- about 4-5 points ahead total once you've plugged a few levels in. Agents also get 50% more spell energy, which helps with the upper level spells.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00