Feedback on Dungeons

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Feedback on Dungeons
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #0
I'm new to the editor, and have been making dungeons for practice before attempting a scenario with a plot. I have two dungeons that I need feedback on. If anyone is willing to play and give constructive criticism(explain why they're bad) then post your e-mail adress. I would recommend that your party at least be level ten(I had fun with slimes). There is one bug. You have to enter one of the dungeons from the back, meaning you walk through the little cave opening and you have to walk through again. The big pillar in the middle of nowhere was an accident and I don't know how to get rid of it. There is a lot of treasure in the dungeons. ;)

[ Friday, July 30, 2004 07:33: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Warrior
Member # 2838
Profile #1
Well you can mail them to me migue@eos.com.pe I'd recommend you to put [BoA] in the header of the mail so I won't confuse it with spam.

--------------------
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : :: o`-, … I'm under your bed.
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #2
There's A LOT of treasure in the dungeons? Sounds quite bad. Anyway, kommari@gmail.com, or alternatively (as gmail sometimes seems to screw up received attachments), avaruussukkula87@jippii.fi.

[just received the masterpiece:]

ARE YOU UNABLE TO USE A ZIPPING PROGRAM, OR IS THIS YOUR DEFINITION OF "A FUN THING"?

[ Friday, July 30, 2004 09:41: Message edited by: Shotts2100 ]

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #3
I'd like to try it out:

realitymaniac@yahoo.com

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #4
I've been having trouble sending them, the files keep getting corrupted. If anyone has any advice I would be very grateful. I have a Mac OS X. As soon as I get this worked out, I'll send them to everybody who asked.

[ Friday, July 30, 2004 12:23: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #5
Please send dungeons to wehiru@yahoo.com . Haven't used for a while.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #6
Oops wehireu@yahoo.com :rolleyes:

--------------------

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #7
Okay, I can send it to you now.

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #8
I thoroughly enjoyed the test dungeons. It might be nice to see some people put up some practice areas for us to try out. For example a sample large forest, a large volcano-- I've never seen anyone do a graphic for a volcano yet. Short and sweet.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 4710
Profile #9
Nicothodes, I have DropStuff if you are interested, I could send it to you.

Edit.
I also have DropZip and DropTar, if those help you too.

[ Saturday, July 31, 2004 08:52: Message edited by: JMAN123 ]

--------------------
Life is short. Use a Mac.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #10
Thanks anyways, but I fixed it now.

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by JMAN123:

Nicothodes, I have DropStuff if you are interested, I could send it to you.

Edit.
I also have DropZip and DropTar, if those help you too.

You know as well as I do that the terminal window's C o m p r e s s command works just as well :)
I use a mac, so if it is not mac compatiable, do not send it. But if it is Mac compsdnnfjna, send it to
cowscanfly@mindspring.com
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #12
*C o m p r e s ses GIFTS into a small cube, then throws him out to sea*

I'm bored and willing to give feedback. imbanfsf@yahoo.com[/url]
Warrior
Member # 4778
Profile Homepage #13
if it's for mac you can send it to me:
die-minor@gmx.de

--------------------
www.bigblue.de.gg BoA graphics and more
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
Perhaps Spiderweb's site needs to stress more that scenarios are completely cross-platform except for the graphics files, which are easily converted using virtually any paint program. We get an awful lot of people who don't know that. Anyone else think so?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4661
Profile #15
The uncertainty does seem common. Since the games/engines are available in the 2 forms it is not unreasonable for new blades players to suspect that they will be impacted. It might be nice to also make sure it is very clear at Alexandria and The Lyceum.

[EDIT] Looking at the page for BoA the scenario download are broken down into the 2 versions. So perhaps a note there on how to do graphics conversions would help as well as a sticky in the BoA/BoE forums.

[ Sunday, August 01, 2004 23:30: Message edited by: grackle ]
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #16
Well, the problem is that I don't think a PC user can make the required Mac graphic format, or change the Mac graphic format into something PC-readable.

A Mac user can convert PC graphics to Mac compatibility, though.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #17
Something stating that one should always have at least one Mac beta-tester would probably solve that.

[ Monday, August 02, 2004 07:33: Message edited by: Eldiran ]

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #18
The slimy cave, the monsters in the main room travel the secret passages to meat you. Use a blocked space to prevent this. I would like to see a script also for the caves. Like messages popping up saying stuff, levers to open gates, puzzles. Make it more then one story. Every slime you kill in the top (well most of them) will sink to the bottom and make more foes on the bottom (just a thought.)
Make the place bigger! With more passages. Lessen the amount of Royal Slimes. I had to use my god party :D
Or use the command to change the creatures level to lower.

For the bandit hideout... Magical Traps in the treasure room would be cool, and some levers that do bad things. And some that do good things.
The priests in the altar room made too powerful a combination as opposed to the rest of the base. IMHO.

[ Monday, August 02, 2004 16:28: Message edited by: GIFTSare2much wrapped ]
Warrior
Member # 4778
Profile Homepage #19
1. you might get rid of the pillar by changing the height. (if you click 2 times in the editor from floor to terrain to height). it shows you the height by numbers, clicking increases the height, option-clicking decreases it) so you can also get rid of the pit in the other dungeons roof
2. the dungeon with the slimes: cause it is based on secret doors, o searched all walls for more of them, could be bigger. and i looked for a wheel or lever to open the gate, which should be well hidden.
3. bandits hideout: it's rather hard to stand directly in the frontline of so many archers, but good: forces player to look for the secret door.
sign: "place items for submission into the treasure room into box"-> is my english too bad or is it an unfortunate expression?
treasure room: it's too easy to get there, only 3 kills -> there should be traps, or the bandits appear, when you open the last box.
and of course i used far sight to see, if you can get behind the walls in the north: you placed the same floor there as in the rest of the hideout, would be better blackness, so nobody would think that there could be secret doors

please correct me, my english is rather bad, if you don't understand me, ask.

--------------------
www.bigblue.de.gg BoA graphics and more
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #20
I'm out of scenarios to play... so I might as well put up my e-mail, if you're still sending this... guardian_of_eternity@hotmail.com.

Please include a nice, flashy title line. My junk filter is intense.
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #21
Hmm... plenty to say. In the bandit hideout, most people here are right: The setup doesn't make it tough to get to (most of) the good treasure.

As for the slime cave, I agree about blocked spaces and expanding the dungeon. Two secret passages was not enough.

In general, in both places, I'd recommend more "scene-setting," i.e. make places look more lived-in, even if they're lived in by monsters. Little stuff counts, you know?