Scenarios currently being worked on

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Scenarios currently being worked on
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #50
:eek: There could be a best anonymous scenario contest. We would never know who won, but we would know which one was the best. It could be just a secret recognition thing... :rolleyes:

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #51
Kelandon did, actually.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #52
Good point.

Well, that's one Kelandon scenario we won't be seeing in the near future. -_-

(History teaches us BoE'ers that talking about one's scenario seals its fate.)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #53
If I'm not mistaken, *i isn't afraid to talk about his scenarios before they are released (judging from the 1239572394 "Gallows Update" topics over in the ancient threads of the Lyceum). Therefore I shall not fear either.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #54
Well, I did it for IoB, although that was partially the point of the scenario...

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #55
Actually, someone could make a site with anonymous scenarios. I'm thinking about someone who has a rather large amount of space - some scenarios take serious MBs.

It could be done with aa upload form or just by mailig the maker of the site, and he'd do the putting manually.

As for the anonymousity and the contest, people could add a hidden signature somewhere in the scenario. Like, say, an encoded chunk of text somewhere in the readme which, if he/she wanted to reveal, he/she could just post a decoding mechanism.

Was I clear? Say something if I wasn't, I can't tell really.

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #56
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

If I'm not mistaken, *i isn't afraid to talk about his scenarios before they are released (judging from the 1239572394 "Gallows Update" topics over in the ancient threads of the Lyceum). Therefore I shall not fear either.
It only works if you have a history of releasing things. The people who talk about things are usually newbies or close to who never finish.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #57
I suspect that most scenarios that the designer doesn't talk about never get finished either, it's just that we don't hear of them.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #58
quote:
Originally written by *i:

It only works if you have a history of releasing things. The people who talk about things are usually newbies or close to who never finish.[/QB]
I think there is a rule for that somewhere in the articles. About not making noise around your unborn scenario, I think.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #59
I'm going to make a scen based on the Athurian legends (For those who don't know what that is: the sword thingy stuck into the rock stuff)

I am really having problems with the scripting part. You know, dialog nodes that don't show up, special encounters that fail to work, and stuff like that. My sister was supposed to help me. :rolleyes: ...but she didn't.

The scenario will start when you jump onto a ship that leaves for som strange island called Brittania (<wink><wink>, <nudge> <nudge>), where no-one has ever heard of any such place as the Empire lands, or Avernum. I will go by my own interpretation of the Arthurian legends, 'cuz I'm making the scenario, not you, over there behind the screen.. :P

Anyway, I've only made two towns so far, and they are incomplete, since you can not talk to anyone, but I estimate it will probably be ready by my next birthday, (in a year or so) unless I get bored of it.

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Apprentice
Member # 4268
Profile #60
quote:
I think there is a rule for that somewhere in the articles. About not making noise around your unborn scenario, I think.

If there is a rule like that I think it would be a bit unfair because I like talking and sharing ideas about my scenario and other people's with each other. It's great to know what might be coming or what might just be r a rumor

--------------------
He strikes silently with large claws..........and webbed feet!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #61
quote:
Originally written by Drakon Master:

quote:

If there is a rule like that I think it would be a bit unfair because I like talking and sharing ideas about my scenario and other people's with each other. It's great to know what might be coming or what might just be r a rumor

It doesn't matter if there is a rule, it only matters if you stick to it. But it will get boring if you give your entire plot away, when you finally get to play it.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #62
I think one of the issues is that if you spend too much time talking about the scen and not enough time making it, then it won't ever get finished. I pretty much have the first half finished right now, and I have a town-by-town and plot-point-by-plot-point outline of the rest of the scen, so I'm not too worried about finishing this thing. The only question is when, and that, I don't know.

Whether I will finish any of the other scenarios that I have in my head, well, that's another question. :P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #63
quote:
Originally written by :Slash::
I'm going to make a scen based on the Athurian legends (For those who don't know what that is: the sword thingy stuck into the rock stuff)
KING ATHUR

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #64
:)

"My name is Knut and this is my Cnary".

--------------------

Pages