New version of the Mac 3D Editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: New version of the Mac 3D Editor
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #0
Version 1.0.4, with new features like:
In town mode, there are now cretaure and item palettes. Access them by continuing to press space after reaching height mode ORUse Command-1 through Command-5 to jump directly to the different editing modes: floors, terrains, heights, creatures, and itemsWhen a creature is selected, Shift-Right and Shift-Left rotate the direction it is facingIn height mode, The paintbrushes and spray cans are usable. Hold Command while using them to lower the affected areas.Hold Shift and click on the 'Set height' tool's button to access the 'Change Height' tool, which allows you to add a constant value to the height of each square in a rectangle.Function Buttons are now hilighted when the corresponding tool is active.The open dialog now only allows files whose type is 'BoAX' (Or whose extension is .bas, since Windows is too dumb to store filetypes properly. :P ) to be opened. The open dialog for porting BoE scenarios only allows files whose type is 'BETM' (or whose extension is .exs).Double clicking a file in the Finder whose type is 'BoAX' will cause the 3D Editor to open it. (If you double click a .bas file and you get a dialog saying that there is no defualt application to open that file, select the 3D Editor and it will open all .bas files from then on.)Find it on my utilities page .

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Wow. This is a huge improvement.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #2
Way to do it up big. Now if only somebody would port it..... :P

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
Wow. Way to go Niemand! The new way to place creatures and items graphically is awesome.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #4
This is wonderful! I will now be able to find the right item and monster a lot more easily! Thanks for the update!
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

I second that. Is there anyone around that could port it?

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaEl PresidenteWhere the Rivers MeetA Visit to the Madhouse
AvatarAphobiaIMAGINE THIS SCENARIO
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

Thirded.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - pretty, pretty?
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #7
I seem to remember you saying that you use Objective-C. Is that Mac only? If not, how much of the code is OS-dependent? Maybe if you put the source in a tarball or a zip...

Course, my knowledge of standard C/C++ is limited, and getting rusty. I'm hoping to spend some time refreshing during the Christmas break.

--------------------
Beware! Your bones are going to be disconnected!
- Hong Kong subtitle
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #8
None of the 3D editor is Objective-C, it's all still C with a dash of C++. Unfortunately, the stumbling block that's stopping me from doing WIndows ports is the drastically different graphics libraries that the Windows and Mac versions use, along with the drastically different handling of dialogs and menus. And the source code was posted at the same time as the application itself. (I've learned that lesson, since I didn't upload the Windows Dialogue Editor Code immediately, and I think it's now lost forever. Oops.)

If you, Dintiradan, or anyone else, want to work on the Windows version I'll be happy to give you all the help I can. I'll admit that in my excitement to start work, I sort of forgot to document any of what I was doing, but for any given feature I can describe which parts of the program I had to alter and how to do the things I did. Besides, I've spent a lot of time figuring out how the thing works, and I'd be happy to share the knowledge rather than make others try to figure it out for themselves.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #9
I downloaded a "Dialog Editor Source Code.zip", it has a vestigial 1Kb MacOSX fork. It is 38Kb, is that the one you are looking for? I can email it to you and let you check it.
Edit: the Mac version has a purely vestigial OSX fork too. Maybe it is not the Windows version.

[ Tuesday, November 06, 2007 17:31: Message edited by: Ishad Nha ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #10
No, I'm afraid that the Windows source for DE was never on my site at any time. The only copy was on the hard drive of a computer at the student group where I spend most of my time at school. Said hard drive has died or disappeared, and the computer it was in has been disassembled and its parts dispersed. I appreciate your looking for the code, but I think it is well and truly lost. Of course, it's not a dreadful loss, since the code for both versions was 95% the same, and I'm unlikely to ever update it.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #11
One possible shortcut is the source code for the Windows 3D Editor. If you could figure out how to get that to compile on a standard Windows compiler, others might be able to do the rest from there. This code already has the graphics hassles resolved.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #12
Yes, I think we've all assumed that anyone working on the windows editor will start from that. it does after all, compiler perfectly already. The difficulty it not from finding a library to use, but the fact that the Mac and Windows versions use different libraries. Thus the code for any of the changes that I made in the Mac version must be substantially rewritten in the windows version. I've tried before, and between unfamiliarity with the library in question, unfamiliarity with the IDE, and a dismally slow old PC, I just don't have the time to do the job.

--------------------