Toadstools of STRENGTH!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Toadstools of STRENGTH!
Apprentice
Member # 8804
Profile #0
I found some neat toadstools at the end of the Great Walls in A3... I don't know if this is a mistake, or if something actually happens when you make a potion with them, but... Here's a picture.

http://i29.tinypic.com/rwm8hf.jpg

Don't know how long that'll stay up. But anyway. QFT, mate?
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #1
QFT?

And I've never seen them before. Were'd you find them?

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #2
I'm pretty sure you can augment any item, even junk items, so I'm not terribly surprised. I didn't remember finding augmented stuff lying around, though.

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Tales From the Tabard Inn: Now if only there was a 3600 Hour Contest.....
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #3
Why does rope give 0+ Nature Lore btw?

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #4
Probably because it's an inanimate object. Anyways, I've never seen a rope say + zero nature lore.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Apprentice
Member # 13037
Profile #5
Red Herrings.

But yeah, a rope like that exists. Don't remember where I encountered one, though.

[ Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:02: Message edited by: Princess Starlight ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
The rope and the toadstools both probably function just fine if you equip them, which you can't. It's not clear if they're strange mistakes or oversights or odd game design humor, but they're around.

—Alorael, who wishes there were more swords with bonuses to polearms and spears with melee bonuses. In A5 it makes sense because of battle disciplines, and in Exile it make would make sense because of ambidexterity (not that those bonuses exist). In A1-4? Priceless.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 14311
Profile #7
i found those toadstools used them in a potion, it became potion(+), and the character that drank it gained two strength. dunno if it was a glitch or if Jeff stuck them in there for that reason

--------------------
you will submit to my will...MindDuel!
Warrior
Member # 5161
Profile #8
Then it's probably on purpose. Nice find!

--------------------
Blah blah blah I can't hear you!
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by brock petersdorf-nelson:

i found those toadstools used them in a potion, it became potion(+), and the character that drank it gained two strength. dunno if it was a glitch or if Jeff stuck them in there for that reason
Really? Cool. Maybe this works in BoA as well?

--------------------
My Myspace, with some of my art
The Lyceum - The Headquarters of the Blades designing community
The Louvre - The Blades of Avernum graphics database
BoE Webring - Self explanatory
They Might Be Giants - Four official websites for one of the greatest bands in existence
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by brock petersdorf-nelson:

Oh wow... I wonder what happens if you agument a pile of herbs and make potions with them.... Maybe it does the same thing? Someone should test this.

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.