Frustrating Avernum 1 problem(s)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Frustrating Avernum 1 problem(s)
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #0
So, I've decided to start up a new game on Avernum 1 since I haven't played the game in close to two years, and I've rediscovered a couple problems--problems that might be same thing...I can't really tell--that plagued me the last time, only they seem worse.

Basically, the mouse is oversensitive. Oftentimes when I want to move just one space, I'll move two...not a biggie since this can be adapted around.

The real problem is with equipment and removing/replacing equipped items...most of the time rather than actually being removed or replaced, the item will switch places/come off, then go right back.

When you see this happen ten times in a row, you know there's a problem, and it's beginning to really bother me because it means I have to take extra care just to equip something.

But I suspect it's the oversensitive mouse thing again. I know it's not my mouse itself...it's a completely different mouse from the one I used before where I had this problem, yet I'm still experiencing it.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there any way to solve it?

--------------------
Well that signature was out of date, since I've not been here in forever.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Um... have you looked at the preferences for the mouse? Like in the control panel/system preferences?

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Um... have you looked at the preferences for the mouse? Like in the control panel/system preferences?
Thing is, the mouse functions perfectly according to my settings in all other programs, games, ect ect, or else I'd have already adjusted this.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
In Avernum 1, left click to move 2 spaces, right click to move 1 space.

Edit: I also experienced the picking up/equipping items problem, no solution I'm afraid.

[ Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:49: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"Blink and you're dead... Don't turn your back, don't look away and don't blink."

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #4
quote:
The real problem is with equipment and removing/replacing equipped items...most of the time rather than actually being removed or replaced, the item will switch places/come off, then go right back.

Umm, Matt...have you tried right clicking?
That works for me. If I remember correctly.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #5
Right clicking works for movement, but not for the equipment bit.

I tried playing with the speed settings...that might have been part of the problem, though I have to adjust the speed settings depending on the dungeon/town I'm in, which is in itself somewhat annoying.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #6
I thought the "one click two spaces" thing was a bug. It annoyed the hell out of me more times then I can remember befire I found out about the "other" movement button.

Use the right mouse button for precision movment and the left to travel fast. Buts its a pain as a singleton searching things as if you tap the wrong button you go two spaces away from the object you want to search.

--------------------
Thinking about it, whoever manages to harness the power of "Exodus" would be unstoppable.
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #7
I'm having the same difficulty with equipping stuff. For me, only one thing has worked against it: clicking harder, faster and shorter, lifting your thumb (or whatever finger you use to click with) before you do it. Just pressing a finger that is already lying on the mouse seems to more easily cause a click so slow the game considers it a double-click.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #8
That's what I do, and have developed a very fast single left-click because of it. I can even move one space by left clicking. :D

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #9
Sounds fixable if you could only map a key on your keyboard to act as the mouse button...