Does the game completely end in Avernum 3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Does the game completely end in Avernum 3
Apprentice
Member # 9728
Profile #0
After you beat avernum 3 does it completely come to a end where you can continue to play anymore?
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #1
Yes.

Disappointing, isn't it?
Edit -You decide to beat it when you think...
What! I can't continue playing even after I beat it!?!

[ Monday, August 13, 2007 10:28: Message edited by: No more muffins ]

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
Apprentice
Member # 9728
Profile #2
Aw man, I love that game I wish we could still play it even after we beat it.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Avernum 1 and 2 have three different main quests that you can complete and still get to explore the caves. Avernum 4 has a final ending like Avernum 3 where you can't do anything more after you reach a certain point. No word on what happens at the end of Avernum 5 which is still be written.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #4
From a cursory glance at the A5 website, my guess is that A5 will have a final ending too.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #5
Registered BOA has no end. Each of the scenarios has an end but you can always download more. The only thing is that the scenario folder can't hold more than thiry scenarios which includes the tutorial but it isn't in the enter sceneario list.

Though if you still want to play A3 you can try it with all the different character types and a different number of characters on different difficulty settings.

--------------------
I an a related to a witch who was burned in the Salem Witch Trials. I study magic,witchcraft and other paranormal stuff. I love BOA and Avernum 3, Sims 2 and Nancy Drew!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #6
I did a singleton-torment play through A3. I used a human.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by ginger8445:

Registered BOA has no end. Each of the scenarios has an end but you can always download more. The only thing is that the scenario folder can't hold more than thiry scenarios
Forty scenarios, not thirty. Not a big difference, but it's still a difference. That said, thank you, Ginger, for that advertising of BoA. More designers means more scenarios. More scenarios means more fun.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #8
It preserves continuity. Can't have you waiting around until Avernum 4 is supposed to occur and then seeing nothing new happen...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by ginger8445:

If you reallly want a challenge try to compleatly solve all the plauges, slimes, roaches, trogdlytes, giants, golems.
Been there, done that--by about day 80, no less. I've only done it with E3 though, not A3 (which I haven't registered yet).

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.