need advice for Avernum 1

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: need advice for Avernum 1
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #25
What do you mean, funny? There's nothing funny at all about discovering you can't just call yourself "Synergy" anymore.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #26
Have you tried using a space either before or after your name? It would be nice to see Synergy back.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #27
I suspect spaces won't work, but you could try to plain Synergy again. Sometimes, waiting a while seems to do the trick.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #28
There is no almost in my daily name changes. Sometimes I'm late and sometimes I'm a little early, but on average it's once per 24 hours. Vacations and extended power outages don't count.

You might be able to use space, and you can definitely use a period. The UBB is no match for human ingenuity!

—Alorael, who really finds clicking to be the much more convenient solution for occasional diagonal movement. That's what cursors are for.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #29
Well, I'll be.

Hooray.

-S-

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #30
Welcome back Synergy.

Next time create a new account when you feel the sudden urge to change you name.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #31
Thank you.

The transformation is complete. No further mutations required.

It only took me about a year to get my nick back. :mad:

-S-

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #32
It could be worse. At least the boards didn't eat your account.

—Alorael, who offers up bright orange libations to the Random Number Gods and the UBB in the hopes that both will have mery on him. Strangely enough, Angband seems not too much more arbitrary or dangerous than these very boards.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #33
It's all so clear now: the only reason Alorael changes his name is because every twenty-four hours he attempts to return his PDN to 'Alorael'. When this fails, he bangs out a random string of characters in frustration.

--------------------
OK, gang, goblins up ahead. Everyone make your Move Silently check.
Right.
Got it!
I got a 17.
I got a 24.
I got a 19.
I GOT A 4! DID YOU HEAR ME? I GOT -
(OotS #90)
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

It only took me about a year to get my nick back. :mad:
The UBB is clearly in a forgiving mood, it has now let me have my moniker back as well.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #35
Actually, I am beginning to think that Alorael's daily name changes are the waste product of the supercharged Angband name generator he's been working on all these years. The PDN changes when he is forced to reroll.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #36
quote:
Originally written by clemmie:

It is an Apple laptop, an iBook. Anyway, it worked. I had to use "k," I think, instead of "i," to get the movement I needed, but I now have demonslayer and am headed, slowly but surely, toward Emperor Hawthorne. Without going diagonally, which I can't do with the arrow keys, I couldn't have gotten to the pommel. Anyway, I appreciate all your help. I think I can manage to finish on my own, so I won't need to bother you anymore, except to ask what's a PDN? Clemmie
What keyboard could use I. Every laptop I have ever seen has used I as the 5 key, which means you won't move at all.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #37
Well by the same token, K would normally be directly down; whereas clemmie apparently found it moved her diagonally. Weird keyboard.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #38
quote:
Alorael:
At least the boards didn't eat your account.
You know, your post count will eventually become too great for the UBB to handle. It will either be reset, or you will digi-die.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

Well by the same token, K would normally be directly down; whereas clemmie apparently found it moved her diagonally. Weird keyboard.
I said that I was the center of the keypad (the 5 equivalent), and clemmie said that K moved down. K is the equivalent of 2, so that's reasonable. Pressing I shouldn't move you at all.

If you move by using the arrows, they move you north, east, south, and west so that pressing up moves you up on the automap but diagonally on the main screen because of its perspective. The keypad moves you according to the screen, not the map, so pressing 2 (or K) moves you straight down, or southeast.

—Alorael, who thinks the arrow keys were well planned. Only moving on the diagonals would make the game entirely impossible to play. Bishop's Avernum would at least be an interesting challenge, though.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #40
quote:
Originally written by Jeff Vogel is an unsellable trowel.:

I said that I was the center of the keypad
You are?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #41
I was. Downsizing is no fun at all.

—Alorael, who is now only a temp filling in as the special function buttons on fancy keyboards.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #42
Oh of course - this reminds me why I never use the keyboard in Avernum. I hate that 45º rotated movement thing, because I always look at the Automap, not the main screen, when I walk.

--------------------

Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #43
In the happy friendly spider pit there is a liquor once rubbed around your body you won't have any problems for a wile with sticky annoying webs.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #44
Actually, that only lets you past one specific web barrier. It doesn't help you against normal webbing, I don't think.

Also, I think you posted in the wrong topic.

[ Wednesday, February 14, 2007 02:04: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #45
You're right, it doesn't work against normal webs. And it's actually from A2.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Apprentice
Member # 8093
Profile #46
Although I found the only thing useful for doing all that work was the Key Item. I sold everything else of value, except for the Strength Potion. Lifesavers against Blademasters and Null Bugs in the masses from levels 13-17. Also nice for a small boost to pull me through the fight.

Oh yeah. Hi everyone. I just joined. :) Sorry.

--------------------
"Hi, I'm Spider!"- The funniest, most insane part of all Avernum/Exile. Kudos to Vogel.

RIP Mortax. I will always remember you.

Always looking for a scenario to take a look at. A pretty good player who is looking to become a game reviewer. More than happy to help out designers with some player reaction, if they want it.

Pages