A3 is there still a time limit?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3 is there still a time limit?
Apprentice
Member # 7056
Profile #0
Now that i eneded all the monster swarms except for the alien beast one, can i take me sweet time or do i still have to hurry?

No spoilers please, other than the info asked.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
There's still at least one time-based event in the game, but it's not preventable, so you can take your time as much as you like.

I never found time to be a factor at all in A3. I finished everything (literally every quest in the game) around day 110.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

[QBI never found time to be a factor at all in A3. I finished everything (literally every quest in the game) around day 110.[/QB]
If you only made it to day 110, I think you missed a big quest in the game. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #3
I finished much to soon for the one time based event as well ... I had to do alot of courier quests while I waited.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
I had the same problem in Exile 3, with the timed event. I started over just to get it the second time and pace myself.
Apprentice
Member # 7056
Profile #5
I have to wait until day 110? If i do the alien beast stuff and win will that time based event still take place?

I am only on day 80. I suppose i can ditch the horses and walk everywhere, but if the alien beast don't kill off towns like the rest now is the chance to go explore everything and do all the dungeons i skipped. Not to mention all the quest i have ignored and the arifacts i can now go and pick up.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by jestrada5:

I have to wait until day 110? If i do the alien beast stuff and win will that time based event still take place?
Day 160, actually.

And the game ends after you win (you can't keep playing), so any quests you want to do, you have to do before you win. Of course, you could always keep a backup savefile outside the final dungeon and go back to it after you've won to see anything you've missed.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
I'd say you should head back to Krizsan, buy a lot of food, and rest for a very long time. If you've got any metal lumps left or haven't taken advantage of the Bunker, now is the time to do it. You've got nothing but time while you wait until day 160.

—Alorael, who has also actually never experienced the final event without deliberately seeking it out.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #8
If you are about to finish the alien beasts and still want to complete the event that occurs on day 160 (which shall remain unnamed) you could always just use the editor to fast forward to day 160. Its significantly less annoying than sitting around resting, and is what I did. (I knew about the event from E3, and had finished Avernum 3 far before it had a chance to occur on its own.)

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #9
U can fix the day 160 and the 110 events with the charcter editor
Apprentice
Member # 7079
Profile Homepage #10
Don't be surprised if it does not happen on day 160. It happend on day 161 on my computer and on Rache's Avernum 3 site it says that it could happen from day 160 to day 163. By the way, the alien beasts desyroyed the towns before the game starts.
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #11
I descovered if your fast enough you can reach the normally slime destroyed town before it becomes destroyed .... nobody is there though .... I don't think it would be possible to check if the Alien beast towns are the same (as you need permission to enter the province and all).

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Mortimer:

I don't think it would be possible to check if the Alien beast towns are the same (as you need permission to enter the province and all).
It should be possible. Just get permission by playing through the game normally, then reset the day via character editor.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #13
Well after so many replies to your post, i think this might come as a shock when I say there is no real time limits... because its just a game. LOL

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by mistica:

Well after so many replies to your post, i think this might come as a shock when I say there is no real time limits... because its just a game. LOL
*Facepalm*

As for the Ruins of Colchis, it's been stated before that it isn't destoryed if you get to it on Day 1. But has anybody tested whether or not it stays that way if you kill the slimes on Day 1?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?