What to be added in Avernum 4?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What to be added in Avernum 4?
Apprentice
Member # 6337
Profile #0
Personally I think few thinks should be added in the next avernum, what about you?

To me there should be:
-Murders (you can kill someone silently if you have a great assasination skill)
-more houses that can be bought, and of course, the recall stones would teleport you in them!
-trhowing knives or daggers
-houses that can be built
-Zone spells (like flame cloud or fireball, or ice wall and ect...)
-an ability that makes you can have one weapon on each hands.
-generally more spells and thathave differents effects (icelances should paralise at hight level, fireblast should make people burn for a duration ect..)(why does the lista llways have the sam numbers of spells?)
-definetly more unusual abilities, like to fly or to make a special attack that hurts and drain life, or an attack that teleports you, or an attack that makes you defend this turn and if someone attacks you, you block his attack and you make a conter attack)
-generally more plasticity (well it isn't a god translation of the word in french) you know, for example, you shoulkd be able to work as a mercant, or to be a bad guy and ally your foes against your friends and the like.
-a safe travel that enables you to fly at the third level.
-a more realistic thievinng feature, you might have to hide to break a door or to pick it's lock, but the magic way wouldn't ahev such problems, but might be harder to use (tryely harder to use) and you shouldn't be able to moove a create like this, ni front of everyone, and the items that you put on the floor would be stealth if they arent in a chest or in you home)
-Chest in witch you can put object, better for the roleplay.
-a skill that makes you can have more that 20 items in your bad (like dexterity or the like)
-And maybe, but that would be really the best, the fact that, you can take notes with paper and ink (you know, you can write what you want) or maybe you souldn't be able to take notes if you haven't such things.

That is all for now, Avernum is truely a great game, full of great idears (for example, that the city gets destroyed if you don't defend them) and that would be really great if thoose things are added, but I think I am not the only one that have such ideas (please add the two handed way of fighting! that was sooo coool!!!)

--------------------
Hrrmrrr drew his sword and strode forth from the crude, poor mud hut in wich the nice feline creature lived with his great brethren. "Now I go forth!" he cried.

"Now I go, and slay humans, and butcher their children, and interfere with their farm animals foully. For that is my purpose on this Earth. And the Empire shall never get all of us, no matter what they do!" -THE FURY OF THE NEPHILIM (With slight changes by Retrency)
Apprentice
Member # 6337
Profile #1
It is weird that few great things that were in exile are gone now...

[ Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:40: Message edited by: Taiko. ]

--------------------
Hrrmrrr drew his sword and strode forth from the crude, poor mud hut in wich the nice feline creature lived with his great brethren. "Now I go forth!" he cried.

"Now I go, and slay humans, and butcher their children, and interfere with their farm animals foully. For that is my purpose on this Earth. And the Empire shall never get all of us, no matter what they do!" -THE FURY OF THE NEPHILIM (With slight changes by Retrency)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
About half of these are in Avernum 4, and some others monsters can do but you can't.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6337
Profile #3
Oh please tell me what in my list has been aded in Avernum the 4th, I can't play it since it is not on PC yet

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
I wondered why this topic had returned...

But really, there are just two things from your list that made it directly to A4: Area spells and improved lock-picking systems. Regrettably, there are actually fewer spells in A4 than A3, but there are far fewer useless ones. On the plus side, Unlock Doors is finally more difficult to use than straight-up Tool Use (but combining the two is insane...).

Honestly, 90% of that list was entirely too far-fetched for inclusion in A4.

EDIT: Well, yes, some monsters can do the strange attacks you spoke of.

[ Sunday, February 12, 2006 14:47: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
You can always murder someone if no one sees you do it, can't you?

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
You can also put items in chests and cupboards again.

—Alorael, who must regretfully say that there aren't any wall spells in A4.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Dikiyoba.

Well, yes. But it has nothing to do with Assassination, as Taiko's post wished for it to.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:

Dikiyoba.

Well, yes. But it has nothing to do with Assassination, as Taiko's post wished for it to.

That must be in A4 because I know murdering people in A1-3, even if there isn't anyone around, will make the town hostile.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
It is indeed new in A4.

—Alorael, who supposes that the parrying and riposting mentioned in the first post appeared in the form of the Parry and Riposte skills.
Apprentice
Member # 272
Profile #10
quote:
You can also put items in chests and cupboards again.
I like stuffing peoples' cupboards with my excess loot. Kind of a 'thank you' for putting up with my rampant kleptomania. So what if the goods I leave them happen to be stuff I no longer want...

--------------------
" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
Where "stuff I no longer want" is, of course, loosely defined depending on the current party level... :P

Mid-game, the trash I need to get rid of tends to consist of things like firebolt wands, scrolls of summoning, steel longswords...

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1115
Profile Homepage #12
I just dropped all of my potentially-useful loot on the ground in the portal room. I have over twenty emeralds there now, waiting for when I'm really strapped for cash. But then again, I'm a packrat.

--------------------
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -Porkypine
Derakon's Library
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
In A2, Dikiyoba's party keeps every pillow they run across and later move them all to the rakshasi lair so that the party has somewhere comfortable to retire to once they complete all the game quests.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #14
quote:

In A2, Dikiyoba's party keeps every pillow they run across and later move them all to the rakshasi lair so that the party has somewhere comfortable to retire to once they complete all the game quests.
You mean A3, right? Otherwise, wow. I have to go play A2.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #15
Nope. Considering the fact that I only own A2, it would be hard for me to get confused. There's a small rakshasi lair somewhere in the Great Cave close to Fort Remote. It's been a long time since I've played it, too, but I remember doing that. Multiple times.

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #16
quote:

That is a genius idea. :cool:

I always thought it was unfortunate that there are many fewer pillows in Avernum than there are beds.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #17
Well not everyone sleeps with a pillow.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #18
Maybe not, but then some people sleep with two. Or even four.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #19
I actually have 5 pillows on my bed at the moment.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #20
Dikiyoba has six, but only sleeps with three. Two of the extras are packed for vacation and the third is for Dikiyoba's cat to sleep on.

Edit: Typo.

[ Thursday, February 23, 2006 20:53: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Apprentice
Member # 6337
Profile #21
quote:
Mine tends to retire in the tower of magi (the only place to be in the three avernums) :)

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #22
This topic really didn't need to be revived, particularly since Avernum 4 has been out for months now. And you didn't really add anything to the non-existant discussion, either.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #23
Did you ever notice how no matter what difficulty setting u have in A3 the ppl who created the monster plauges are always the vantahni. I think that in the next Avernum game or Geneforge game you crteate the ppl who did (whatever the objective to solve may be) should change. I think that would make many Spiderwebsoftware players really happy.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
I'd rather have villains firmly established and meaningfully portrayed in a way that isn't possible for interchangeable evils.

—Alorael, who doesn't think that's really possible in even A3. If you keep an eye out you'll notice that everything except the big, obvious planted evidence implicates the vahnatai.

Pages