What to be added in Avernum 4?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What to be added in Avernum 4?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
Well, there's Tatterdemalion, but the plot of that went in three different directions almost right from the start.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #26
I could just be stupid for thinking that I just thought it would be cool.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #27
Tatterdemalion is one of my favorite scenarios, especially as one of the earlier ones, but I'm not sure how feasible having a different plot on every difficulty setting would be, especially for a larger game.

—Alorael, who was impressed by the fact that the three different ambiences promised in the docs aren't just false advertising. And the terrain wasn't all wonky like in Islands of the Wheel!

[ Wednesday, June 28, 2006 13:48: Message edited by: Command Space ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #28
One thing that A3 had (though not nearly enough) that I liked was the minor villains that came into power due to the Vahnatai's actions. I don't mean the random dungeons, like Vahkohs and the Rakshasi. I'm talking about the unforseeable side effects of the main plot arc, such as the Slime Bandits, or the Trog-Giant conflict. That way, you're able to have a side quest that keeps the focus on the main plot, instead of drawing focus away.

Just think: instead of making Braziron a benevolent general, make him an idealist who carves out his own personal kingdom north of Gale. The PCs hear rumours about him long before they get that far north, and even get a quest to 'dispose' of him. When they get to him, they have to decide between killing the only efficient slayer of the golems or raising the ire of the Empire.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
I will classify my lieutenants in three categories: untrusted, trusted, and completely trusted. Promotion to the third category will be awarded posthumously.

Pages