New board title - Series not Trilogy

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: New board title - Series not Trilogy
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #0
So this board is now called "Avernum Series" rather than "Avernum Trilogy". Does this mean there will never be a separate board for A4?

[ Tuesday, September 13, 2005 21:55: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
Could well be. I guess it would make little sense to have a separate board for it, since it is for all purposes a part of the trilogy.

Here's hoping Jeff puts out Avernum 5, making Avernum the only other trilogy in five parts ever produced. :D

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Could well be. I guess it would make little sense to have a separate board for it, since it is for all purposes a part of the trilogy.
However, bandwith will probably be high for Av4's board, so it may stay seperate for a while.

quote:
Here's hoping Jeff puts out Avernum 5, making Avernum the only other trilogy in five parts ever produced. :D
Hitch-hikers Guide?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Bandwidth is irrelevant. Having questions on other Avernums vanish into the pile of A4 questions, comments, and complaints would be a more plausible motive for the creation of a separate A4 section.

—Alorael, who is certain that A5's future depends on A4's success. Buy lots of A4 and A5 is a certainty. Jeff's views are known.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Scripter Sans Serif:

Bandwidth is irrelevant. Having questions on other Avernums vanish into the pile of A4 questions, comments, and complaints would be a more plausible motive for the creation of a separate A4 section.
Jeff is evil... :P

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #5
I don't see why the geneforges would get seperate boards if A4 wouldn't.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #6
Maybe by GF6 they will be combined.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #7
The only way I can see A5 is if A4 isn't based on the return of the Vahnatai. Having a big plot of 'The Second Empire War' would pretty much just copy A2. Of course with the exception of that they're now on the surface and will no doubt have most of Valorim on their side! I am sure if even that it would still be a great game. :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #8
Maybe, but that demon Prazac acknowledged that the Empire would end up paying for its crimes against Aver/Exile and the Vahnatai. It has to happen eventually. I wouldn't mind another Empire war. I didn't feast on enough of their horrible entereils during the first one.

Sometimes, at the Red-pass gates I had already gotten experience from by passing, I wanted to walk up to them with some a gray pass and a crystal soul and say something like: "See this, Imperial filth? We took these from deep inside your dungeons slaying your master's cohorts and ruining your twisted projects along the way. Who knows? Maybe we killed one of your brothers or your best friends! We hate the Empire and dare you to attack us. You see, it must be extra frustrating for you seeing that you have no chance because we've proven our strength in your pathetic excuses for 'fortresses.' In fact, we have in this urn the ashes of the head of your pitiful Garzhad, whom, along side his demons and Dervishes, we dispatched of with great ease. We also broke into a ladies locker room in Pyrog's Lair, cast Control Foes on your daughters, and raped them, before breaking the Pheonix Egg we found in the high-security building there, incinerating everything in your now ruined fort. There are some photos in our pack if you want to see. We put them with the special items. We would also like to thank you, on behalf of all Avernum for your stupidity of declaring war and painstakingly teleporting down all kinds of food, metal, and other goods so you can have them stolen and your troops slaughtered by us. We will now accept a sacrifice of ten beaten, chastised Empire Dervishes with their legs, arms, and most personal apendages brutally removed with poisoned saws so that we may laugh and spit in their faces before we go on our merry way to destroy more of your overconfident Empire one cell at a time. If you refuse to cooperate, we will force you and the Dervishes to writhe in some worse agony. What we've done before and what we demand now is more than you deserve. Thank You." :)

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #9
'Wipes tear from eye' That was beautiful! I remember oh so well...'stares off into space while thinking of multitudes of dead Empire soldiers'. :cool:

I do have to agree, wait...I've got it. The Second Empire War is going on when the Vahnatai decide to attack...genius! I think it might work, I just came up with a crazy plot that (maybe) just might work.

[ Monday, September 26, 2005 16:43: Message edited by: Arch-Mage Solberg ]

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #10
Really? So do I! Why don't you come out of that tower of yours sometime and email me your ideas. Mr. Vogel always listens to ME.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider