X... Man or Woman?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: X... Man or Woman?
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #0
I recall X being a woman in the original series of exile, yet it seems he turned into a man in avernum, he's described as having long black hair, a transexual characteristic.

Here's the question, is he REALLY a man, a woman, or was he both, one in each series?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 19 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=kIEKUAYCOpNu"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=kIEKUAYCOpNu"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
One of the dragons was gender-bending, too. Athron, was it?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #2
Athron is a female dragon in Avernum, but I remember at least several instances where she is referred to as a "he." Since I have never played Exile, I cannot confirm Athron's original gender, but I suspect the gender-switching is one of those amusing artifacts from conversion.

As for X, everyone refers to him as, well, "him." The dialogue picture looks masculine, too. But when gender is unspecified, the masculine form is the default. Since he does not really talk about himself much (except to boast), I do not think we can ever really find out.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #3
Pyrog was another dragon of ambigious gender. In Avernum 1 he is a he, yet in Avernum 2 you come across her bones.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
And Sulfras switches too, doesn't he/she? Motrax and Khoth remain comfortably male, at least. The former is too old to try these newfangled geners and the latter is too preoccupied with deep thoughts to bother.

—Alorael, who is pretty sure X was male when he was on the boards. That's as good a basis for judgement as any.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
All 5 dragons are male in Exile 1. In Exile 2, at least Athron and Sulfras are definitely female.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5159
Profile #6
maybe the reproduce asexually (or is that aysexually or aisexuallly or aaaasexually, screw it, how about a-sexually)

--------------------
"The whoopie cushion shall rise again."
- Anton Szandor LaVey
Founder of the Church of Satan
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #7
Well see as Athron apparently finds some male dragon to have a brood(sp?) with I doubt it ... unless she's just saying that so the humans don't guess on dragon reproduction.

I think I remember the initial description of X in Exile was that he/she was ambigious and you couldn't tell becuase he/she was shrouded in cloaks and darkness and had a raspy voice and stuff. Maybe she just has a convinent spell for a particuliar time of the month or something.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #8
I will clerify X's gender for you all right now. 'X' is a male slithzerikai. He was raised by humans and developed our speach. Also his tail was cut off when he was a little lizard. He hides himself to avoid the shame that would come from anyone finding out. :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #9
He probably spends too much time closely examining burning fires or charcoals, since his dialogue face is so black in Exile 3. Or perhaps his potions explode into his face too much.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #10
x is COOL! one doesnt just walk around and ask questions like that about a cool person!

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #11
Well, for the first time in a while, i made an interesting subject.

I admit to only have registered the avernum series, but I have the original demos of the exile series, so I got to meet 'X' In the first Exile, and i could've sword it said woman.

I have no say on the dragons besides Motrax, who has and always will be male...
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #12
In Exile 1, it said you could not tell whether it was male or female. :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #13
I think X is a male. X could stand for "Xavier". What female name starts with an X?

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #14
@shiryu: i meant no offense. it definately is a very interesting topic.

x could stand for anything. there use to be very unusual or non-existant names in avernum, so it could be xavier as well as xironaviasa.
and i have to repeat: let x be as cool as he/she/it is!

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!