Damn Rentar!! (Avernum 3)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Damn Rentar!! (Avernum 3)
Apprentice
Member # 4085
Profile #0
After days of playing this great game...
I cannot activate the main panel in the Keep of Rentar. I crushed her minions, and before that i
redirect the beams in the lower level (the four places). Perhaps i pushed some button twice...
In that case, how can i reset the beams or how could i know if the beans are properly redirected.
And where is Erika when i need her??
Thanks to anyone who could help me to finish the
game!
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #1
There should be a reset button on Rentar's control panel. Redirect the beams, and Erika should come when all the beams are in place. Follow the standard procedure from there and voila!

--------------------
♫ The truth is screaming BIG ♫
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

§ realitycorp@gmail.com §

►► Chance is back online! ◄◄
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #2
If you got Erika's amulet and she doesn't appear when you enter Rentar's great hall, then you made a mistake with the buttons in the basement. If you don't have a saved game that takes you back to the point where you start with the basement buttons, you can reset the buttons from Rentar's control panel by pressing the top left button. You will have to endure being teleported away from the control panel about five times before you can reach it. After you do that, I suggest saving the game and labelling it "Rentar's buttons" so you don't have to deal with all the teleporting if you make a mistake again.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Apprentice
Member # 4085
Profile #3
Thanks for the advice, buddies.
I will fight her until she can't teleport me any more.
Aguante Sudamerica!!!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
Umm ... that's a bad idea. You won't be able to get to the control panel until all of the beams are in working order. You just need to go back down to the four basement areas and check to see that all beams are pointing to the middle.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 2119
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Umm ... that's a bad idea. You won't be able to get to the control panel until all of the beams are in working order. You just need to go back down to the four basement areas and check to see that all beams are pointing to the middle.
How? I can't see the middle! I thought I'd gotten it right finally and sure enough, there was a new message in Rentar's Hall that said she "nervous" about the pit or something but Erika still doesn't show and when I get near the panel I get teleported out.

I've gone outside to reset the panels to start over from scratch but that doesn't work, does it? Oh boy...
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Do you have the amulets, and did you remember to have Erika activate them for you? If not, you'll have to suffer through a few more teleportation episodes before you can reach the platform, assault far too many vahnatai and their summoned underlings, and finally fiddle with the control panel.

—Alorael, who can no longer remember for certain if Rentar-Ihrno continues to teleport your party indefinitely as long as the beams are not properly aligned or if she only gets five teleportations total. He suspects the former, but he's not sure. So if you can eventually reach the platform, chances are good that everything is arranged for the grand finale.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #7
Rentar cannot teleport you out after five times, even if something is not right. If everything is right and you have the amulet activated, you won't even be teleported out once.

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #8
The thing is that Erika and Rehntar summon so many creatures it can make it hard to move. Sometimes (not often) it is quicker to get teleported away a few times instead of trying to crawl through that pit of seething minions.

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Apprentice
Member # 2119
Profile #9
I have the Amulet but I can't recall if I ever got it activated or not. I suppose a visit to Erika would tell me....?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #10
Yeah, if you have the amulet juist go see her and tell her youve got it. If you havent got it ask her where it is, its in one of the rooms (i wouldnt explore, its kinda hazardous.)

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #11
if it says rentar is nervous etc, youve done it right.
from there on, youll just have to try to get to the control panel.
your amulet is definately activated if erika has helped you before. like when you go down into vahnatai lands, she will blow away some walls for you.
even if its not activated, it doesnt really matter.
just let yourself get teleported away a couple of times and dont get killed.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Apprentice
Member # 2119
Profile #12
Well, Rentar has punted me twice already so maybe I'll just go that route. But I was hoping to see the showdown with Erika... :(
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #13
be glad you dont see it.
its totally unspectacular. plus, erika dies.
i liked erika.
:(

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Ferox:

be glad you dont see it.
its totally unspectacular. plus, erika dies.
i liked erika.
:(

She dies anyway, obviously, to make the story complete for both ends. Say for, if Jeff had wanted to make an Exile 4.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #15
Ooooooooooooooooooooo......... Avernum 4........... *drools at thought* They should make one of those...........................

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.