Geneforge 2 Trainer

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Geneforge 2 Trainer
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #25
Clarification on what I'm saying sounds great: Your plans- The warning was against the item editor at all for the E series. I was not suggesting that you make it but not advertize it on SW boards Thnx for being concerned about it all and I hope that your efforts go well :)
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #26
Yeah, good luck Xixao.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Warrior
Member # 5033
Profile Homepage #27
Sneak preview of Blades of Avernum Trainer

IMAGE(http://www.xixao3d.com/downloads/trainers/boa/prev1.jpg)

Here's a sneak peek of the newest trainer I've been working on. It's still unfinished, as you can tell from the preview, but it is working. There are a few bugs that I may not be able to do anything about, though. The game's intelligence seems to have evolved, and it recognizes that my trainer modified it. It resets all stats once it realizes something has changed, but I have modified the trainer to battle against it and lock the stats in place.

I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

- Xixao -
Posts: 80 | Registered: Wednesday, September 29 2004 07:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #28
Pretty cool, pretty cool. I can't wait 'till your done. :)

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5064
Profile #29
nice work xixao the Avernum trainer looks great :)
Warrior
Member # 5033
Profile Homepage #30
Thanks everyone :) I'll be leaving on a business trip this week, and I'll be gone until the end of the month. I'll begin working on it again once I get back. I'll keep everyone posted.

- Xix -
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by m's devotee:

Does anyone here know who Croikle was? Was/is he a part of this community?
I do. :D I was just passing through and happened to see this, with a stroke of luck. I was active earlier, when I had lots of free time to play RPGs, but unfortunately academics has gotten in the way. It's nice to see that people still remember me from however many years ago as the one who started all this. If I had gotten into GF2 more I might have made an editor (after all, most of the work was already done), but making the first editor kind of spoiled the fun of the story, since I had to look at a lot of the scripts to learn all of the information. Still, it was fun to make, since I had to discover the format of the scripts just from looking at examples and seeing how they worked in the game.

This looks like an interesting idea for an editor, though it has the possibility to really screw up your game (and it's only for Windows). There's a lot more you can do when you're editing the memory than when you're just doing what the scenario can do. Neat project!

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
------
Check out my Geneforge character editor.
Warrior
Member # 5033
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
This looks like an interesting idea for an editor, though it has the possibility to really screw up your game (and it's only for Windows). There's a lot more you can do when you're editing the memory than when you're just doing what the scenario can do. Neat project!
Ya, memory editors such as mine can be very powerful and virtually limitless in their modification capabilities. Rest assured, I was very specific concerning which values were edited, which were frozen, and which were left alone. I wouldn't release an unsafe product. I'll get a little more advanced with the next wave of trainers, once I learn what data the games pump into memory.

A little off-topic: If anyone out there plays Gunbound, I created a neat little trainer for the Indo version. I'd be happy to post a copy if anyone is interested.

- Xix -
Warrior
Member # 5086
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by xixao:

Sneak preview of Blades of Avernum Trainer

IMAGE(http://www.xixao3d.com/downloads/trainers/boa/prev1.jpg)

Here's a sneak peek of the newest trainer I've been working on. It's still unfinished, as you can tell from the preview, but it is working. There are a few bugs that I may not be able to do anything about, though. The game's intelligence seems to have evolved, and it recognizes that my trainer modified it. It resets all stats once it realizes something has changed, but I have modified the trainer to battle against it and lock the stats in place.

I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

- Xixao -

Umm. Maybe I'm missing something, but beyond the entire "god mode" part, why? BOA comes with a editor when you register it. If you are going to reply because unregistered people can use it, well unregistered people cannot use any scenario beyond VODT. So, why???

--------------------
I love stupid people acting smart...
Warrior
Member # 5033
Profile Homepage #34
'Cuz it's sexier ;)
Warrior
Member # 3035
Profile Homepage #35
and its faster have you ever "god partyed" your characters it takes forever and it is a pain to continue clicking. (Thats why I t-searched my mine)

--------------------
Maker of the Geneforge 3 Trainer for windows.

[NEWEST v.0.9 ~~ Trainer D/L [URL=http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000423;p=2[/URL](.zip, 103kb)
Warrior
Member # 5086
Profile Homepage #36
Ok, Well um I guess I have no response to that besides:
High Level Party Maker
By Kelandon

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #37
Yeah, my HLPM makes god parties pretty efficiently. Level 250, excessively high stats and overpowered weapons and items....

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5033
Profile Homepage #38
Well, if it makes things simpler, I could very easily combine the adjustments into a single button by pushing all the actions through at the same time. I figured it would be nicer to have full control over the modifications, though.
Warrior
Member # 5086
Profile Homepage #39
Kelandon's has control over the specific level, anything else, can be done through the editor.
Not to bash your idea down, just saying, don't want you to waste extreme amounts of time on something that might get extremely small usage.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4263
Profile #40
I REALLY wish this would work on mac!!!!!

--------------------
Custer is the worlds biggest noob
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #41
I don't have a mac but if I did I would be cheesed off.

Furthermore, when do you think the BOA trainer will be completed Xixao?

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #42
Um, again, why do you need a BoA trainer? It seems like it would be more useful to make a GF1 trainer.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #43
Heh perhaps it could lower your stats (Unlike HLPM)
Mumbles incoherent comments on the destruction of party
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #44
It would just sort of be fun. I realy don't care if it's for BOA. It could be fun and have weird new features like making you able to make cows in your party or something.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #45
Umm..
I highly doubt that he is going to make cows a playable race with a character editor. Unless you have some other information source and a way to this. Hmmm... many people would settle for playable vahanatai much less.. cows
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #46
Whatever. I was just trying to state that he probably will have some cool new feature.

And oh yeah, cows kick Vanhanti ass.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #47
May I take this moment to ask, yet again, WHY THE BLOODY HELL IS VAHNATAI HARD FOR YOU TO SPELL? VAH-NA-TAI. IT'S VERY SIMPLE, YET SOMEHOW IT GOES OVER YOUR HEAD. VAHNATAI. VAHNATAI. V-A-H-N-A-T-A-I. NOT VAHANTI, NOT VAHANATAI, NOT VANHANTI, BUT VAHNATAI.

Sorry. It just pains my eyes greatly to see this.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #48
WOW!
woah!
Well it is a little bit long and it's not a word that I use very much. But I was very aware that I was mispelling at the time as well. And if you can't remember how to pronounce it even the chances of figuring out how to spell it are almost nil. Hrmph maybe I won't be so lazy next time about it but isn't that a little bit of an overreaction? :P
Have you never mispelled it?

Edit: In further explanation I always remember it as more complicated than that but..., hmm vahnatai, vahnatai, now I want to sing a triumphant song about being able to spell it.

[ Monday, October 18, 2004 12:38: Message edited by: m's devotee ]
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #49
Okay Keladon, calm down. I promise I'll never spell it wrong again so you delicate eyes wont have to suffer.

--------------------

Pages