Undead Valley Testing Version 4 Complete!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Undead Valley Testing Version 4 Complete!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Undead Valley Testing Version 4 is finally complete. Once that's done, it should be available for download soon (hopefully). Also, if you don't want to wait for it to be available for download before seeing glimpses of it, go to the UNDEAD VALLEY SCREENSHOTS page, and see what YOU think about it. Please do not post there, since I'll be forced to move them to the correct topic.

Thanks!

UNDEAD VALLEY SCREENSOTS page. Please do not post here, and please enjoy yourselves!

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #1
Looks interesting/promising- But is it just loads of random fighting? Kind of looks that way from some of the pics. Oh well guess I'll have to wait for the Lyceum to rate it.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #2
Hmm... Vahnatai, baddies. Hmm.

Number of points, as visible from the screen shots...

Typo in breaking into a small barracks... Securtiy?

Efreeti are not vahnatai creations, neccessarily. Khoth has two in his base in Za-Khazi Run.

WTH is the traversai?

Parts of the Vahnatai caves look obviously artificial - specifically the way the dividing wall comes out of the rest at a right angle, and maintains the same thickness. Is this intentional?

The outdoor section does not make sense. Why does the bridge cross the river at its widest part? Why are there no roads to and from it?

Why is that pit/mound perfectly square?

There is a town with no roads to and from it. This sort of thing can break immersion, and make the player confused as to which way to go.

If you are just shocked by the horrific tales they tell, and maddened by the lack of useful information, why would you question the refugees for several minutes? Why can you have another question?
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #3
I think of this scenario as more of a conceptual scenario. A lot of it doesn't make sense but it is still fun to play with. It is kind of a strange mix of ideas with a lot of almost fortean happenings. The cornucopia, the transverserai, the maze to the surface. ;) There are a lot of things missing like roads, but that is alright.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #4
Thanks! It's not total fighting, there ARE a few things like... talking... walking around, etc. Undead Valley (UV) is basically a bunch of walking around, talking to people, getting confused, fighting, and having fun.

It's not a puzzle scenario, that's the one I'm just starting, and that'll be out in a few more weeks, since it doesn't have many specials.

The Puzzle scenario which I'm currently making, will appeal to a different side of Spidwebbers. I hope that they'll play my puzzle one, and show a bit more enthusiasm than they have3 about UV.

A Traversai is;

add_dialog_str(0,"You have heard tales of this phenomenon. You think back on when you went to training school, remembering what the old wizard had said. _A TRAVERSAI, taken from the word TRAVERSE, to get from one place to another.",0);
add_dialog_str(1,"A TRAVERSAI is a magical gateway, similar to a Portal only in the fact that it transports you from one place to another. A TRAVERSAI is a very dangerous plane of existance, and any who travel them are warned to be wary,",0);
add_dialog_str(2,"For the TRAVERSAI is the creation of a powerful Mage, Priest, Sorceror or Wizard. They take you from one destination to another. However, since the use of Portals have become more prominent, TRAVERSAI have slowly dwindled away.",0);
add_dialog_str(3,"Very few people now know how to create one. A TRAVERSAI is easily distinguishable by the fact that it's landscape is split into two parts, the origintamal position, and the destinatamal position. The origintamal position is always the Top half",0);
add_dialog_str(4,"Of the Landscape, and the destinatamal is the lower half of the landscape. The two halves appear to just be straight lines across the overall landscape. There is generally one town or such place as might be called a town in a TRAVERSAI.",0);
add_dialog_str(5,"Only in the rare cases that the person who cast the TRAVERSAI having a split personality makes the TRAVERSAI contain two towns. TRAVERSAI towns are the most dangerous part of the TRAVERSAI, mostly, as they contain the ideas of the person who...",0);
add_dialog_str(6,"Created the TRAVERSAI. Normally, after passing the TRAVERSAI towns, which are called RAHVERSAI, you will reach the end of the TRAVERSAI._ You sigh, and decide to press onwards, into the Traversai.",0);

I hope that explains a few things to you lot. :D

Oh, yes, you CAN talk about this in the Topic set aside for it in the Boa Forum, you know... I think...

- Archmagi Micael

"EDIT: Unbroke browser" ~ Drakefyre - WTH?

[ Friday, September 10, 2004 05:19: Message edited by: Archmagi Micael ]

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #5
Seems very rough around the edges ... and the middle too, but im guessing this is a first scenerio attempt?

Good luck though.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Mortimer:

Seems very rough around the edges ... and the middle too, but im guessing this is a first scenerio attempt?

Good luck though.

Yeah, it is. UV won't stand up to thorough examination when better scenarios come out, but it's about level with the current ones... so it won't be kicked off the air at least. I'm trying my hand on a Puzzle scenario at the moment, as well as fixing any proplems in UV. Hope that's all.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #7
Oh yeah, Nico.

Which file do you need? Undead Valley.ZIP or Undead Valley.RAR ?.

It would be appreciated if I knew which one to email you!

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #8
Oh yeah, Nico.

Which file do you need? Undead Valley.ZIP or Undead Valley.RAR ?.

It would be appreciated if I knew which one to email you!

Also, what's your mail? Email me at Micael456 @ aol.com (REMOVE THE SPACES |AROUND THE @ SIGN TO GET A VALID EMAIL!)

OOPS - DOUBLE POST

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #9
add_dialog_str(); can only go up to 5, not 6.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Kurojutsu:

add_dialog_str(); can only go up to 5, not 6.
Actually, it CAN go up to 9, it's just off the page a bit!

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------