Misc. Scenario ideas/wishlist

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Misc. Scenario ideas/wishlist
Warrior
Member # 4631
Profile #0
Just some emerging thoughts on places/situations/characters it'd be fun to encounter in future scenarios... maybe I'll use some myself someday if I ever get off my bum and make one...

- an ancient, huge, benevolent Slith lord of a human village...

...a vahnatai/human missing link, as in a fossil or mummified corpse...

...or maybe a surface-dwelling (nocturnal) vahnatai offshoot...

...a huge mining/smithing town: ore, forges, lava, makeshift refineries everywhere...

...a peaceful society of intelligent golems...

...etc.

--------------------
"'I saw the duckling hatch and disappear.
Sadly I ask who may have taken it.'"
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #1
My idea im working on is a machine cave, which the party goes into. It leads to a portal, which is the gateway to Paralell Universes. Being the party you are, you get involved in those world's affairs. They have slight changes to the history. One, the only one I have now, is a world in which the Vhanitis thingys were never discovered, because the empire decieded agenst stealing the crystal souls. What do you think?
Warrior
Member # 4631
Profile #2
That sounds like it would make for some cool possibilities... like maybe another world where the Empire is a bunch of Nephils and humans are barbarian outcasts.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #3
An island where there's a war between the GIFTS and the giant bad spiders(can't remember their name, but they're the enemies of the GIFTS. "Areana" or something like tha, I think. They're the ones that cast spells at you). And you have to decide whether you help giant bad spiders(who offer you access to all sorts of magic and artifacts, etc.) or the GIFTS(who offer you a lot of bugs, and other misc. items that they've collected but have no use for(i.e. A whole lot of junk, with a few handfuls of rubies and emeralds and some magic jewelery, maybe a few good weapons, and a bunch of coins)

(I have absolutely zero talent with the editor, and I can't do scripting, so if anyone wants to make this scenario, be my guest.)

[ Sunday, July 11, 2004 16:43: Message edited by: Pig Catapult ]

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Dr. Doodoom:

That sounds like it would make for some cool possibilities... like maybe another world where the Empire is a bunch of Nephils and humans are barbarian outcasts.
Yah. im bad at the history of Avernum. So, to make up, I have my OWN ideas as part of other worlds. I want most of the worlds to have subtle changes, which affect the whole world, that one change. I may have one really weird world.
Apprentice
Member # 4357
Profile #5
quote:

...a huge mining/smithing town: ore, forges, lava, makeshift refineries everywhere...
Time to demonstrate my oldness. I don't know if the town goes by the same name in Avernum 1, but in Exile 1 there is a town far North from the starting point called Formello. It's an entire town based on smithing and mining.

Exile is, in my opinion, one of the best games from the 90's. I started playing Exile when there was no Exile II. Not even kidding. I am so old.

[ Sunday, July 11, 2004 17:29: Message edited by: The Sober Irishman ]

--------------------
Drunken Music from The Sober Irishman

***I beta-tested Blades of Avernum and you didn't***
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
Nah, you're still a n00b. You have a lower member number than me :P

This post is spam. I was hoping for something to make it less so, but honestly, I have nothing to contribute. Well, except that I thought that Formello (and the nearby Fort, um, Draco, I think) were pretty cool, so mining is, um, good.

Nope, still spam. Oh well.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #7
Can't quite say I played Spidweb games back that far, Irishman - I first heard of them when Exile II was hot off Jeff's computer, though.

I didn't really like Spidweb much until I played BoE several years later, though...
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #8
Should make another serious scenario to power up the parties.

--------------------
"Fall in CHAOS!!!" Dark Archon.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #9
You should have the surface ruled by the Nephils, and the Underworld ruled by the Sliths, and Humans and Vahnatai, and any other races, are extinct. So everywhere a human goes the town attacks you, trying to get a live specimin. Only the rebels help you...

Archimage Micael

P.S. Does Archimage really sound better than Archmagi?

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Archimage Micael:

P.S. Does Archimage really sound better than Archmagi?

It's Archmage. Yoyu should cut down on the "i"'s.

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities.
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #11
Yep, Micael, much better! :)

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Warrior
Member # 4631
Profile #12
quote:
...but in Exile 1 there is a town far North from the starting point called Formello. It's an entire town based on smithing and mining...
Yeah, I remember Formello. As I recall though, it was a pretty small operation. What I'm talking about is like (Pittsburg + Damascus)/2.

quote:
...I started playing Exile when there was no Exile II...
Yeah, I found out about Spiderweb right as Exile III popped out of the oven. BoA is the first one I've played beyond the demo though, sorry to say.

quote:
P.S. Does Archimage really sound better than Archmagi
Yes, much better. I suppose you could also go for Archmagus...

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
Archimage is only better than archmagi if you are intending to be an image (ie, a picture). If you are intending to be a mage (ie, a magic-user), then archmage would be much better. Or archmagus, if your really wanted to be arcane.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #14
OOOH! Here's a question: Is anyone ever going to make any of these Scenarios? I have absolutely zero talent with the editor, but I've got all sorts of ideas for scenarios. It's really frustrating.

Another scenario idea

-- somewhere in Avernum, a demonic princess(visualization: think of a Hordling, only it's a bright blue instead of a bright red, and it has a lot more HP, and can cast Smite, Healing, and Devine Host, and is immune to ice attacks) has lost her precious pet Ice Pudding, and, because she has her parents(Who are very powerful Demons) around her little finger, hordes of demonic creatures are now rampaging through the land, destroying everything in their path in search of it. Of course, Avernum has no idea why the demons are attacking, just that they are attacking. You have been hired to kill the demon princess and her parents, as well as wipe out as many demons as you can along the way. But when you get to the castle, the demon king explians to you that the princess's pet Ice Pudding (who I shall call "Fluffy" from now on, because I don't want to type "Ice Pudding" over and over again) has gone missing, and that the attacks will stop only if Fluffy is returned, and lets you go talk to the princess so that she can give you all the details, and a Special Item so that you can safely handle Fluffy. As a reward for finding Fluffy, the princess will give you some powerful magical artifact or something like that, and stop the invasion. But if you rescue Fluffy, then when you return to whatever Fort or city or whatever, the person who gave you the quest to get rid of the demons turns out to be racist against them or someting, and refuses to reward you, even though the attacks stopped.(so, the choice is: a really hard battle with a large cash reward(killing the demons), or a seires of smaller battles and a powerful piece of magical equipment(finding Fluffy)

[ Monday, July 12, 2004 13:52: Message edited by: Pig Catapult ]

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #15
:D sounds great.
And where would Fluffy be?
Maybe in a factory where they melt ice-puddings, draketeeth, herbs and other stuff into medicine. There would be ice-pudding hunters who store them somewhere, before they bring them to the factory. Fluffy could be everywhere.
Because puddings don't talk and look all the same you would bring several times the wrong pet to the princess. You had to steal or to buy them (to a higher price than the factory would pay). And you had to hurry up, because once Fluffy arrives in the factory, it will be manufactured soon, snif.

If only I could use the editor :rolleyes:

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

:D sounds great.
And where would Fluffy be?
Maybe in a factory where they melt ice-puddings, draketeeth, herbs and other stuff into medicine. There would be ice-pudding hunters who store them somewhere, before they bring them to the factory. Fluffy could be everywhere.
Because puddings don't talk and look all the same you would bring several times the wrong pet to the princess. You had to steal or to buy them (to a higher price than the factory would pay). And you had to hurry up, because once Fluffy arrives in the factory, it will be manufactured soon, snif.

You're brilliant! *glomps and huggles* Absolutely BRILLIANT!!

Edit: *gets idea* And the guy that hires you to kill the demons could be behind the manufacturing of the Ice Pudding Potions and stuff!

Edit 2: But what would the potions do? *ponders* Temporary fire immunity, perhaps? Or a handful of Skill Points? Or maybe:

Ice Pudding Potion

-1 Skill Point
+2 to Resistance

And

Draketooth Potion

-1 Magical Efficiency
+2 Magery

And

Ice Pudding Elixir

-2 Skill Points
+5 Resistance

And

Draketooth Elixir

-2 Magical Efficiency
+5 Magery

And then they sell the normal Potions and Elixirs made from herbs, too.

[ Monday, July 12, 2004 15:43: Message edited by: Pig Catapult ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
Formello's not a mining town as far as I know. It has lots of farmland, not mines. The mines are all around Fort Draco.

—Alorael, who thinks the Ice Pudding has some potential if the details are filled in. Focusing on reward before scenario is a bad thing, though, especially if you're not writing the scenario. Specific plots are not often picked up by itinerant scenario designers, either.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4631
Profile #18
quote:
Specific plots are not often picked up by itinerant scenario designers, either.
My tentative plan here is to eventually cram all these ideas together into one ridiculous scenario with absolutely no coherency and lots of silly gags and non-sequiturs. Sort of like "Scary Movie."

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #19
quote:

quote:
Specific plots are not often picked up by itinerant scenario designers, either.
My tentative plan here is to eventually cram all these ideas together into one ridiculous scenario with absolutely no coherency and lots of silly gags and non-sequiturs. Sort of like "Scary Movie."

Are you kidding? It took me a long time to think up that demon scenario! X_X It's supposed to be a serious one....................

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #20
..and what makes me laugh after reading through all this is the fact that Scary Movies are actually fun.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #21
"Scary Movie" type scenarios just haven't worked much before, and (believe me, I tried to make one or two myself) it's going to be hard to be motivated to finish w/no real plot or story.

But go for it, we've had one or two make it (see Farmhands!!!) and give us many many laughs.

--------------------
"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Desert Pl@h:

it's going to be hard to be motivated to finish w/no real plot or story.
But not impossible; I've finished my scenario.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #23
quote:

It's not a bad idea to collect somewhere the homeless ideas - seeing so many posts like "wanna-make-a-scenario-but-dunno-how-to-make-story". Sure the inventors of ideas would gladly help with plot and dialogs - at least I would.
:) And thank you for the compliment, PC.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #24
quote:

...a peaceful society of intelligent golems...

...etc.

Hmm... Asimov, in BoA. Nice, pacifist, helpful golems, surrounded by bigoted traditionalist humans. You get sent in to investigate a murder.

Pages