Monster ideas

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Monster ideas
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #27
These ideas are niec and all, but whats the point of talking about them? It's BoA, we can create any monsters we want, whether or not the game comes with them.

I'm all for rabid dolphins.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #28
Who said we're submitting them? This is just an idea forum, as far as I'm aware. We're here to come up with new ideas for our own scenarios, not for blades as a whole.

--------------------
Fnord. (Insert your name here) is a capitalist pigdog.
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
If Voting could change the system, it would be against the law.
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #29
WHAT? You mean spidweb isn't going to put in Rabid Sandswimming Dolphins?!?!? :eek:

Actually, now that I think of it, Sandworms might be kind of interesting. Something more on the scale of the BeetleJuice sandworms and not the Dune sandworms though. Could you imagine trying to fight something that could swallow a town whole, and you'd only get to use swords and bows to do it?

--------------------
The Home of 8-bit Theater!

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #30
quote:
Originally posted by Nicol Bolas:
Something more on the scale of the BeetleJuice sandworms and not the Dune sandworms though. Could you imagine trying to fight something that could swallow a town whole, and you'd only get to use swords and bows to do it?
I can just imagine:

You walk into a town, talk to a few people, buy a few things, then all of a sudden all your characters die and a message pops up saying "You were walking too noisily -- The entire city has just been swallowed by Shai-Hulud. Quit, Restart, Restore?" That would be great! You'd have to train in a skill that would allow you to shuffle as you walk...

:P

[ Wednesday, November 27, 2002 18:39: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #31
quote:
I'm all for rabid dolphins.
Has anyone though about the possibility of making sea monsters? I dont have a clue how you would implement it or anything, but mabye someone else does...

--------------------
Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." - Soviet infantry manual, 1930's
Posts: 267 | Registered: Wednesday, November 27 2002 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #32
It's not too difficult - make a new terrain type that looks like water but actually is like a floor. Separate that from the coast with a special node that checks for your "swimming" skill level and will only let you enter if you can swim. Then you can walk around and fight the monsters. You could also tie in an oxygen counter, like in Hyrdo's Fount, if you want to.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 78
Profile #33
Or there has to be a way to go into combat in a boat.Like you're just rowing along, and suddenly a kraken appears, and poof! combat! You would still be in a boat and nt able to move, but it zooms in a whole lot like in regular combat except you're all in a boat, and you have to use spells or missiles to hit it.

--------------------
If you own a mobile home and 14 trucks that aren't, you might be a redneck...
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #34
That could probably be done by making the boat enter a town at that space with a kraken or whatever inside. The only problem would be with a little boat being next to the big boat (which is the town) for you to enter in and exit out of.

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
Infiltrator
Member # 78
Profile #35
Another thing i think would add greatly to the game would be to be able to fight on horseback. I hate it when Im on horsebakc and when I enter combat poof! the horses are gone suddenly. Or, the horses could be by themselves and fight on your side.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #36
Set a sdf whenever you buy horses and then include horse monsters in every battle if tht SDF checks +ve or whatever. Of course, it would still give you horses even if you left them in a town.

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #37
I reckon having horses should have bonuses, e.g. AP's, increased strength, and they should be able to die as well. That would be cool. I suppose you could make some kind of 'horse' item that you 'wear' that gives you those bonuses. That would be fine as long as you realise you are riding the horse, not wearing it instead of trousers. I mean pants(for all those on the other side of the Great Pond, which I expect is most of you). :D

That would open up new possibilities like being able to buy different types of horses for different prices and different kinds of character. For example, a fighter would have a huge, muscular stallion, with lots of HP's, an archer would have a quick, nimble horse etc. Better horses, naturally, would cost more money. All of this would make stables far more interesting, methinks.

--------------------
Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." - Soviet infantry manual, 1930's
Posts: 267 | Registered: Wednesday, November 27 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #38
Probably wouldn't work, though. After all, they'd have to go in some sort of item slot, and it doesn't seem like Jeff'l let us edit that. No 'horse slot', in other words. He didn't let us in BoE, at least.

--------------------
Fnord. (Insert your name here) is a capitalist pigdog.
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
If Voting could change the system, it would be against the law.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #39
Horses would be nice, but I think they would become more of a burden in the end. When your character is immune to fire and a buncha drakes all breath fire on you, it's the horse (and thus, your wallet and convenience) that suffers.

Then again, adding mounted combat would put quite a new twist in the game.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 48
Profile #40
quote:
Originally posted by The Inquisitor:
Another thing i think would add greatly to the game would be to be able to fight on horseback.
Actually, you can do that in A3: Stay in town mode, and then move into the monster. Doing so directs a non-ranged attack into the monster (and you get no bonuses nor penalties on the attack).

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Athron:
Horses would be nice, but I think they would become more of a burden in the end. When your character is immune to fire and a buncha drakes all breath fire on you, it's the horse (and thus, your wallet and convenience) that suffers.

Well, I remembered that in both E3 and A3, your horses can't be targeted by any spell nor be hurt. :D

[ Saturday, November 30, 2002 20:29: Message edited by: y0d1n2a3 ]

--------------------
"Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing.-Luke 23:34
Infiltrator
Member # 78
Profile #41
The horses would stomp Rentar any day!

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 1360
Profile #42
Would it be possible to create a monster with multiple heads that can attack multiple times per turn?

[ Monday, December 02, 2002 14:42: Message edited by: MindSpark ]

Pages