VoDT help please

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: VoDT help please
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #0
How do I activate the control panel in waste repository and where is that blasted doohickey that opens the green barriers?

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #1
The Opening STone you need is held by the spidersin administration. Do the mission for them and they will give it to you. To operate the controls, you need the crystal of power and the instructions from Pangle.

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese
!!!Long live Monty Python!!!

Not a Chance!

Long Live The Weather Balloons!
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #2
I talked to the spiders in admin, but they didn't give me any mission for them.

--------------------
Visit my site!
www.freewebs.com/helaine/
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
If I remember correctly, you need to find the vahnatai and they need to tell you that the spiders have a cool stone thing before the spiders will say anything useful. To find the vahnatai, you have to leave through the south and go to the lower half of the school.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #4
You need to ask one of the Vahnatai to give you the crystal of power. You need this in the end game.

Also, while you visit the Vahnatai I recommend unlocking the chest (need tool use level 10) and stealing the fine waveblade. This is the best melee weapon in the scenario that I could find, and the V don't mind you taking it.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Apprentice
Member # 4496
Profile #5
I am stuck on this myself and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have the Vahnatai's Opening Stone, the Silver Key, and the Papers, but I can't go any further. There is a doorway that says I need a specific key to get further... I have the Silver Provost Key, but it doesn't do anything for me, and neither do the other items.

I'm down in the underbelly of the School of Magi, on the level with the second secret exit that goes through a caldera and drops you out near the unpolluted town up in the mountains.

-Astaren

[ Wednesday, June 09, 2004 12:39: Message edited by: Astaren ]
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #6
im in the *Exact* same position as Asteren....where is this missing key that i need to open the control room doors!?
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #7
You need to find a textbook and give it to the golem in the library for that key, I believe.

--------------------
I hate signatures.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #8
A destroyed textbook won't do, either. I know only three locations where you can find a non-damaged one (but of course, I'm not telling you :P ).

--------------------
Mow down the sexy people.
Apprentice
Member # 4496
Profile #9
I have an undamaged textbook but am at a loss for how to bring down the green barriers blocking the Library entrance.

-Astaren
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #10
Use the opening stone obtained from the GIFTS like you would use a potion. (you must be standing near the barrier)

--------------------
I hate signatures.
Apprentice
Member # 4496
Profile #11
Oh. Thank you. I had assumed it was to be used somewhere to unlock all green doors at the same time; I hadn't even bothered to look to see it was an inventory (not special) item.

-Astaren
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #12
By the way, thanks all. I have now completed the scenario.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #13
Golem? WHat Golem? and i only know of one library and its totally useless. Well, I am going to go search right now anyway...
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #14
ok nevermind i found it!! thanks :0
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #15
Ok, I found the Vahnatai. They're pretty cool. Got the crystal of power. I'll go back later for the blade. I went back to the fun spiders in admin. Went and killed every bug in sight, avoided the ones with the anti magic fields. Got the eggs, gave them to Chief Spider.Then he tells me (in his, words of course) that I can't avoid the other bugs with the anti magic fields and that they're the ones with the opening stone. Sheesh. It's only two bugs, usually these things are pretty simple to kill. But these two keep murdering me! They've even killed Bruning a couple of times! :( Any suggestions anyone?? I'm open. (preferably something that doesn't include cheating)

--------------------
Visit my site!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
Haste, bless, and bludgeon them to death? Strategy isn't really all that complex, especially when offensive spells are out.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by unicorn172:

Ok, I found the Vahnatai. They're pretty cool. Got the crystal of power. I'll go back later for the blade. I went back to the fun spiders in admin. Went and killed every bug in sight, avoided the ones with the anti magic fields. Got the eggs, gave them to Chief Spider.Then he tells me (in his, words of course) that I can't avoid the other bugs with the anti magic fields and that they're the ones with the opening stone. Sheesh. It's only two bugs, usually these things are pretty simple to kill. But these two keep murdering me! They've even killed Bruning a couple of times! :( Any suggestions anyone?? I'm open. (preferably something that doesn't include cheating)
The Way to kill the Null bugs is to, when freeing the dragon, kill the goblins south of the control panel, and get the sling. Then with unlimited ammo just summon monsters for the bugs to kill, whiule you thump it to death. It might be advisable to train one person up in Thrown Missiles. You need to be in a town to train, not even near a trainer. You should also have your characters with the best health betwenn the bugs and your archer, also make sure they have either over a hundred health or health potions, cause those bugs can be a real pain for beginner groups. :rolleyes: If that helps please let me know.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #18
Well, seeing as I sold that sling a long time ago, I'll pass on the sling. But two of my people have a bow and arrow, and another I've given a crossbow. Then there's Bruning, but sometimes he hides at this one. But I'll try summoning as many beasts as I can before I'm surrounded by the anti magic field. Thanks, I'll let you know if I get them!

--------------------
Visit my site!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #19
What the heck? I won this battle in about 10 seconds just by attacking the Null Bugs straight out. o_O
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #20
show off :P Well, I do attack them straight out and they still murder me.

--------------------
Visit my site!
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #21
Ok, I finally got past the null bugs and got the opening stone. I did have to go back to Sweetgrove and revive a couple of my guys, but that's ok. then I was able to go back to waste depository, kill all the funky creatures there (lost Bruning in the process) and got to the control panel. Argh time. I have the papers from pangle and the crystal of power. At the control panel I was told by the game to go somewhere else now :mad: Will this game ever end? LOL

--------------------
Visit my site!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #22
You have to get all the way to the bottom of the School of Magery (if I recall correctly, there's two sets of stairs in the sealed room with the ghosts; one of them leads the right way). Once you've found the lower exit, get through the caves, enter the control room and turn on the power.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #23
About that Null Bug battle, I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but when I ran across those null bugs I didn't even leave town mode. My Slith Soldier killed them in one hit. Of course, maybe that's cause I stole an iron pike from Marralis (They don't mind if you take everything in their storeroom), or else because I ran around doing side quests (including the Vale Infestation, which is actually quite challenging if you go there right away), so I was a pretty good level by then.
Apprentice
Member # 3191
Profile #24
I kind of agree with the people who are commenting it was easy. Personally, the only battle I had trouble with in that scenario (IE where I actually had to load :eek: - The shame!) was the one with the vampire raising the undead north of the Waste Repository. But that was easily solved by coming back later. The rest involves exploring around and doing sidequests instead of trying to fly through a scenario and then having to go back and train when you get stuck someplace.

PS: When did everyone else get around to killing that guy? I didnt bother trying again until I basically (for all intents and purposes) finished the scenario..... and even then I had to be alittle careful. My party simply didnt have enough life points to survive 2 consecutive fireblasts.

Pages