Divinedly touched

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Divinedly touched
Apprentice
Member # 4152
Profile #0
What kind of special abilities i get, when i choose Divinedly Touched trait to my character?

--------------------
avavavavavavavavavavavava
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #1
You could create a new party and give one of the characters that trait, then look at their special abilities by clicking on the hand symbol and reading the explanations of the symbols. Or you could just select "info" for any of your characters, then select the character trait you are interested in and it will give you a general description.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
You get three abilities. The first lets you summon a shade once per day, and the higher your level, the stronger the shade. The second lets you heal yourself once per day, again with more healing as you gain levels. The third ability gives the character an extremely poweful blessing, haste, and shielding buff.

In addition to all that, Divinely Touched makes a character slightly better at just about everything. It's a nice trait, although the experience penalty is hefty.

—Alorael, who thinks the penalty is slightly too hefty. The abilities aren't THAT good, and the bonus to all your skills doesn't make up the difference.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #3
As you progress you win more bonus. Soon it makes the char invincible but only once per day/rest plus only during a limited time.

Great feature for beginners to overcome some very tough fights.

[ Tuesday, May 04, 2004 14:20: Message edited by: Vent ]
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #4
Bah, I just make all of my characters completely inept. Their levels skyrocket for the first 20 or so levels, after that you can go through the editor and take away the trait.

--------------------
The Home of 8-bit Theater!

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #5
If you're going to do that, why not just cut out the hassle and give yourself the levels with the editor?

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Warrior
Member # 2189
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Khoth:

If you're going to do that, why not just cut out the hassle and give yourself the levels with the editor?
Why that would be too easy :rolleyes:
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
I like Divinely Touched, and I generally give it to my singletons for Regenerate and Divine Aid.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #8
How high must your level be before you can summon a Vengeful Shade (with the Divinely touched trait)?

--------------------
Mow down the sexy people.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3683
Profile #9
I usually give my party this trait for a starter then turn it off so that the abilities are there. In av3, it is very attractive with divine aid - really give the fighter 3 turns easily.
Posts: 266 | Registered: Wednesday, November 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #10
Divinely Touched also increases Strength, Intelligence, and Dexterity based on level.

That is how this effect works:
quote:
In addition to all that, Divinely Touched makes a character slightly better at just about everything.

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3683
Profile #11
can someone quote the bonus given to dex and int from this trait?

strength bonus is easily seen through weight ability. However, dex and int seem obscure.
Posts: 266 | Registered: Wednesday, November 12 2003 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4258
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Dragongirl:

can someone quote the bonus given to dex and int from this trait?

strength bonus is easily seen through weight ability. However, dex and int seem obscure.

Strength also affects melee damage.

Dex affects ability to dodge, ability to hit, how quickly you act in combat, and missile damage.

Int affects spell effectiveness, although only by a small amount, the main factor in spell effectiveness seems to be in the actual level that you know the spell. Normally Int would also increase your max spell energy as well, but skill bonuses can't increase your max spell or health levels.

I tested this trait out a little, and the bonus to those 3 stats seems be 1 + (character level / 7). At high levels this adds up to a LOT of "free" skill points.