On BoA...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: On BoA...
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #0
I'm putting this here because no one goes to the BoA forum (well, im not helping that any). I plan on using BoA for all it's worth, like so many others, but should I focus on my own new ideas and forget about BoE scenarios, or take some time to remake some of the classics (such as Gallows). I plan on getting consent from the original maker, of course.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
You can TRY, but it'd be incredibly difficult, especially with a tremendously large scenario like Gallows. I know I would give up before I even started. Part of the reason I made Roses of Reckoning (it's in the 6th contest but not released) was to test the transfer device and see how long it will take me to bring it from one medium to the other. Other than that, though, I plan on designing BoE scenarios until BoA comes out. (I didn't sign up for the beta in order to be elligible for the contest.)

PS- Gallows, a classic? :P

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
Well, porting a scenario will take ages. You can expect to spend several hours converting each town and outdoor section, and with AtG having 100 outdoor sections and 100 towns, that's a lot of hours. Not to mention the time it takes to learn the editor.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #3
There is no scenario I want to see ported. The designers would be spending their time better by making something new.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #4
I have actually thought of ideas for my own Scernarios myself.

--------------------
"I am Batman". Batman.

"I was Escobars guy, I was untouchable".

George Jung-Blow.

"Dare to disturb the Universe". The Chocolate War.

There is nothing sadder Than wasted Talent.

Lorenzo, A Bronx Tale.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #5
I see Khoth has a sick new title. Yey4him! ;)

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #6
I hope to make a scenario for you peoples. I just have to dig out the file containing all my what-not I've written on it so far. Horah.

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #7
It would take several hours to convert each town or outdoor section on what kind of computer?

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #8
On any computer. They're text files, and the time is spent adapting things that the computer can't do.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #9
*tosses this topic to BoA*

Everyone who is interested in BoA should at leave visit the BoA board. There's no use for this here.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #10
Thank you... and a side note: You can probably already tell, the people active in the BOA section will probably be those that know what they are doing when BOA is released, seeing as we've already discussed everything.

Anyway. You should definitly not worry about converting old stuff. Sure it was fun and all, but you do you really want to spend days making something we've already played? No, no you don't. It can't be that hard to make up an original plot of your own. Geez, I've already made up some stuff... let's just try a little harder to do things ourselves.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #11
Well, there are certain scenarios which would be greatly enhanced by moving over to BoA... but some are great anyway and couldn't be improved all that much. New scenarios might give more people an incentive to buy the new game (if you're trying help to support Jeff Vogel, that is.)

I'm finding that I'm glad BoA isn't out yet, because I have time to sketch out my ideas and solidify them, instead of doing that in the middle of making a scenario. The anticipation heightens the pleasure... or is that sex?

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

MSN: bleusoulilcercatore@hotmail.com
AIM: Byzantine Jones
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #12
BAD Christian. BAD.

If any designers from BoE are still around, they'll probably put out BoA scenarios- in other words, Stareye, myself, and... I think that's it. In retrospect, former BoE designers don't sound like they'll be all that numerous. :P

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #13
I might try a hand at BoA. Do I count as A former BoE designer?

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #14
I'd try getting a scenario above 5.0 on CSR first, unless you want the definition of scenario designer to be Vince Fizz-inclusive.
:P

--------------------
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #15
Gallows only has 36 outdoor sections actually. Don't even try porting it, so much is different that you would have to devout at least half a year to it. It took me nine months to make.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #16
Don't worry, TM. My next scenario should break 5.0. As is, though, I think I'm slightly better than Fizz.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #17
I don't even know if my one miserable scenario got rated... It was my first scenario, and only released one. Do I count as a scenario designer? :P

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #18
I thought that you released tons of scenarios - Gray Moon, Dralgoth, and other stuff.

--------------------
====
====
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #19
Dralgoth? Uh... I don't remember *THAT*... oh. Perhaps "Dranhelm" or something... though I didn't think I actually released that one. :P

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #20
It's on Luz's page. Alas, it's just not much good. :P

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #21
GAHHH!!! *THAT* shouldn't be there! My pitifully inexperienced brother did half of that! It should never have escaped off my PC! Holy...

Oh well. How stupid.

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics