Mages missing? Priests dissappeared?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mages missing? Priests dissappeared?
Apprentice
Member # 7111
Profile #0
My broplem is that I cant find good mages, OR priesties in scenario VOTDT. (Valley Of Dying Things) I can only learn healing, curing lvl2, and BOF,light lvl2. Where can I improve better spells, or found spellboks?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
There's a few new spells you can get in the School of Magery, but aside from that, what were you really expecting? It's a L1 scenario. Higher level scenarios contain more and better spells.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Apprentice
Member # 7111
Profile #2
I play singleton torment. I desperetly need help.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
What kind of character are you using?

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
This is out of date since there have been over a dozen new scenarios added, but it's a starting point for singletons. It will give you an idea of an order to play scenarios to build up your character.
Apprentice
Member # 7111
Profile #5
Human custom. Lvl 13.
Strenght 3.
Dexterity 4.
Inteligence 2.
Endurance 7.

Melee 0.
Pole 3.
Bows 0.
Missiles 0.
Hardiness 1.
Defense 4.
Assassination 0.

Mage 8.
Priest 8.
Arcane lore 4.
Potion making 0.
Tool use 3.
Nature lore 2.
First aid 0.
Luck 1.

I can cast magespell up to ice lances. (lvl 1)
I can cast priestspells up to Enduring armor (lvl 1)
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #6
If you are going into melee some of the time (you can't avoid it), then it would help to add to pole wepons. Add to asassination, it will help.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.
Muffins n' Hell. Note that revisions of the first part is down the list.

quote:
Originaly by Alorael
Okay, he's not that bad!

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #7
First off, Muffin, he wants to play with a singleton. Secondly, it is possible to avoid almost all melee combat. However, I'd suggest dropping pole weapons and increasing melee weapons. Shields are far better for mages than a weapon that will do a smidgeon more damage. Finally, at all costs, avoid putting points into assassination. It's only useful for people that go into melee frequently.

Oh, and increase your intelligence. It'll boost several resistances, add a little extra power to all spells, and give a small bonus to certain skills. Any decent mage/priest should have at least 6 intelligence by this point, if not more.

One last note: if you've completed VoDT (which, judging from your level, you have), just move on to a different scenario.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #8
I would just forget about melee altogether and train in bows. A bow would nicely compliment your spells, and help you kill anything that is immune to magic. Melee is limited because you cannot attack back row enemies (like mages, who, coincidentally, are both the monsters most likely to be resistant to magic and the monsters you need to kill the quickest.) And most importantly, for melee you need to get close to monsters (probably not what your mage is best at)

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Warrior
Member # 7362
Profile Homepage #9
I normally make my mages quick on their foot and natural mages. Then try and get them some +AP armour....
Apprentice
Member # 7111
Profile #10
quote:
One last note: if you've completed VoDT (which, judging from your level, you have), just move on to a different scenario.
Actually no. I cant beat the big thing that guards the passageway what the dragon made.
Warrior
Member # 7362
Profile Homepage #11
Go do some leveling up and improve your intelligence and try again.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
You definitely need more intelligence. When you can train in magery then you have enough. You have more than enough endurance with enduring armor.

To fight the platebug queen as a singleton you need some summoned creatures for shields while you use darts of ice to kill them off as quickly as possible.
Apprentice
Member # 7111
Profile #13
Thanks. I putted 1 point to inteligence, and now I can target 4 persons with ice lances. Only 1 bad thing. I cant kill even a goblin fighter with one ice lances...
Warrior
Member # 7362
Profile Homepage #14
Then train up and put another into intelligence...
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #15
That's not surprising, considering that Torment supplies NPCs with an additional %50 Health.

--------------------