Bahssikava - technical problem - Khar-Grav palace

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Bahssikava - technical problem - Khar-Grav palace
Apprentice
Member # 6671
Profile #0
I am in Khar-Grav. I have just passed the two large statues and entered the demon lord's palace. I have 2 NPCs. When I start the battle with the various demons to the west, after a round or two, one of the flying demons will fly off the field of play. The play area goes black and the application hangs up. I have tried several times with Blades version 1.1.2 and 1.2. I am using 1.09 of Bahssikava. I am using Mac OS X 10.4.8. Suggestions would be welcome.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
The flying enemy script is a little weird. Kel still isn't sure what's causing this problem. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. One workaround is to kill the flying demons with spells or missiles before they get a chance to move.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
I had forgotten about this. I've never been able to reproduce it.

What direction does the demon fly? Does it actually fly west?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #3
The only time I've ever managed to get this to happen, it flew southwest.

This was ages ago though, and I don't have a saved game to offer up... I shall try and recreate it later though.

Edit: Sloppy spelling/grammar. From a poetist!! lol!!

Edit 2: I misspelt "sloppy". Quite badly... Eep.

[ Tuesday, February 20, 2007 08:25: Message edited by: Nikki xx ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Apprentice
Member # 6671
Profile #4
Yes - southwest
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #5
I just want a sequel!

--------------------
The force is with ME! I'm not so sure about YOU!

Never trust a man who can say "Pickles" with a manic gleam in his eye.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #6
There is a sequel: Exodus.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
In lieu of responding to your e-mail, I'll post here.

I'm glad you enjoyed Bahssikava. There is a sequel, which you can get here. Let me know what you think of it; I've heard a lot of feedback from people who didn't like or didn't play Bahssikava, and, as I expected, they didn't like Exodus. The few people who liked Bahs, played Exodus, and told me what they thought have for the most part liked Exodus, I think, but it's hard to tell from so few responses.

EDIT: With regard to the Fly-Retreat bug, I have a guess that the script is choosing the wrong direction to start in, and I'll check the code again, but I don't have time now and won't for quite some time. Someday there may be a fix, though.

[ Thursday, February 22, 2007 18:08: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Apprentice
Member # 6671
Profile #8
Thanks for the responses to my question.

I did finally get past the flying demons by following Crytozoology's suggestion to kill them quickly. I blessed and hasted my priest and mage (who also casts priest spells thru Repel Spirit) and they finally destroyed them before they could fly away.

I want to add that I have enjoyed this scenario a lot - and I'm looking forward to the rest of it and then Exodus. My Thanks to Kelandon for many hours of enjoyable escape.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

The few people who liked Bahs, played Exodus, and told me what they thought have for the most part liked Exodus, I think, but it's hard to tell from so few responses.
I quite enjoyed both. But then again, I felt violated after playing Canopy and again after playing Echoes: Renegade.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

In lieu of responding to your e-mail, I'll post here.

I'm glad you enjoyed Bahssikava. There is a sequel, which you can get here. Let me know what you think of it; I've heard a lot of feedback from people who didn't like or didn't play Bahssikava, and, as I expected, they didn't like Exodus. The few people who liked Bahs, played Exodus, and told me what they thought have for the most part liked Exodus, I think, but it's hard to tell from so few responses.

EDIT: With regard to the Fly-Retreat bug, I have a guess that the script is choosing the wrong direction to start in, and I'll check the code again, but I don't have time now and won't for quite some time. Someday there may be a fix, though.

Thanks, in fact I just finished it. truely brilliant plot, funny yet not stupid (except for some thankfully short moments ;) ), great new grafhics, lovely history and very few bugs or annoying levels.

(The one thing that did upset me, and it really really REALLY upset me is the fact that God parties cause an error that instantly shuts down the game in the sea miricle level)

That really did upset me as my tried and true level 100 party had just recently been elevated to GOD status and couldn't do the second half so I had to make a totally new and "shell-less" party to complete Exodos.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #11
Make sure to rate it here!

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
There is, of course, the warning at the beginning about god parties. Whatever error you encountered is probably random (i.e. it might not happen again with the same sort of party with a different save file).

But I'm glad you liked it, other than the trouble with god parties.

[ Friday, February 23, 2007 16:44: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 6278
Profile Homepage #13
I'm having quite some trouble with combats....

I don't play a god party, although I admit that the party i chose was a slightly higher level than suggested (just under 60, I think).

Is this just me, or are some combats getting ridiculously difficult?! Invulnerable Vahnatai who keep summoning creatures until there's no more space to summon into, while standing in the middle of a huge cloud of daggers without so much as itching....

I'll try again with a lower level party, but that was just crazy....

And no, I'm not a newbie who hasn't got any useful combat strategies.

BTW: loved Bahssikava, so can't give up on Exodus.

--------------------
I outnumbered them one to thirty!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Laurana:

Is this just me, or are some combats getting ridiculously difficult?! Invulnerable Vahnatai who keep summoning creatures until there's no more space to summon into, while standing in the middle of a huge cloud of daggers without so much as itching...
The Possessed Vahnatai, right? You have to use magic on them. It's not really hard as long as you have plenty of energy potions. If you want to conserve spell points, Filth works pretty well.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #15
One of the things about Exodus that seems to have thrown some people for a loop is that you can't rely on the same type of damage all the time. If you're used to doing melee damage, well, a lot of creatures have significant melee immunity (and some are completely immune). If you're used to doing fire or magic damage, some creatures are immune to that.

The key to many fights is figuring out what the thing is vulnerable to, which usually isn't very hard once you start thinking this way.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #16
I think its one of the best.

It's just the type and genre I like, a deserate mission with no friends into the total unknown sustained only from one mans will and your blades. You are plunged into the unknown, the biszar, the unnatarul, you will live by your wit, no resting place and no turning back.

My tye through-and-through.

--------------------