HLPM update

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: HLPM update
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #25
Yeah, I was already planning to cap Summon Shade for non-god parties (because of Thuryl's reasoning). It's a little bit more involved than changing a single number, though, so it wasn't going to happen at that very moment.

EDIT: New version up. Check the readme to note that it is v1.2.3.3.

[ Wednesday, January 17, 2007 21:26: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #26
I checked out the new version, and I noticed something...

(A Good Beginning) "The first scenario released in six months"

Should be "The first BoA scenario released in six months."

Other than that, nice work. :)

[ Saturday, January 20, 2007 06:10: Message edited by: BainIhrno ]

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #27
BoE really, really doesn't count. :P

Fixed, along with a slight fix in the description of DaC. New version up. Check the readme to see that it is v1.2.3.4.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by BainIhrno:

(A Good Beginning) "The first scenario released in six months"

Good gravy. The community had to wait 6 months for that?

I apologise unreservedly.

And also: good work Kel - I for one have no issues with the HLPM. I think the amount of money seems fair enough too - it forces players to pick between spells they actually use. "Would Irather have Bolt of Fire at level ridiculous or Divine Restoration?" is a question I ask myself a lot.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #29
Spider sells skills much like Nioca-bok in the version I have. Only he does so for cheaper. :P

Checking the readme, this is 1.2.3.2, so if you've already fixed this, disregard this message.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #30
Gah. I see what happened. New version uploaded to fix this. Check the readme to see that you have v1.2.3.5.

--------------------

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #31
You fixed the bug in much the same way as one would fix a cat. Sure, Spider won't sell me skills on the cheap any more, but now he won't buy my stuff at all, because he won't even talk to me.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #32
Note to self: test all changes before release.

Fix uploaded. Check the readme to see that it is v1.2.3.6.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 7840
Profile Homepage #33
Hey Kel,

Just another thought abt the HLPM skill selling thingy....when it comes right down to it...its just the money....

Why dont we have a test like thing (a kinda random sidequest - Just like the arena generation...but a bit more tricky (something like puzzle level, and not bare fighting...so that only when the individual completes that he is qualified for buying those levels of skills)

I mean, if its again the whole party which would go through the quest, its gonna be the same case. Put the usual power-stuff in and hack away to glory.

The skill teaching should be based on an individual. So like you did with that Vel-something dragon sidequest in Exodus...where only a single person can go through...you can do this one too??

This test can be set for people above lev 50 or something...for the minor players...getting money is not gonna be easy, but for lev 50 and above, its gotta be a piece of cake.

When the person comes out the other side, he's qualified to train for one skill if he gives the money of course. After that he's gotta go thru the test for te next training..and so on...something like that. If you can make this "gauntlet" tough enough (but not just based on combat...and RANDOM enough...so that the answers to puzzles arent posted on the BB), we could ensure that only ppl who are truly skilled can get those other skills...kapish?

I got some ideas about how to generate RANDOM puzzles too...so that there wont be any one answer to it all the time....even you wont know the answer....

Drop me a line....I got lotta ideas...but i don' know the 1st thing about coding....ok well i confess i do code...but i dont have time to think and code...lotta work here.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #34
You're thinking of a real scenario, not a HLPM. The HLPM is just an extension of the character editor. There's no need to "test" the player. "Quests" would be silly.

[ Sunday, March 11, 2007 06:45: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #35
Too...many...ellipses. :(

[ Sunday, March 11, 2007 06:57: Message edited by: Dr. Johann Georg Faust ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #36
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

You're thinking of a real scenario, not a HLPM. The HLPM is just an extension of the character editor. There's no need to "test" the player. "Quests" would be silly.
Really, I don't get this, if it's just an extention of the character editor then you can simply *give* people as much money as they want.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #37
They can get more money from the character editor if they want. The idea of the money cap is to make a realistic party of the appropriate level, but one can easily edit in more money from the character editor if one wants to make something else.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #38
TM says this is the only time he will agree with Infernal. Ever.

I have to agree as well. You should give players the recommended amount of gold, but if they want more they should have that opportunity. Saying "They can do it in the editor" is kind of silly-- hell they can alter skills and experience in the editor too, it's just a pain in the ass.

[ Sunday, March 11, 2007 09:30: Message edited by: Lazarus: ]

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #39
New version uploaded. I didn't want to change the current default use of the HLPM, but I'm always up for adding a new feature.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #40
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus:
:
TM says this is the only time he will agree with Infernal. Ever.
Don't worry TM, from here it's just a small step to robbing the poor of their already meager possesions in the name of Social Darwinism. Congratulations, you're almost a Robber Baron.

:rolleyes:

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #41
No one ever says thank you. :(

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #42
No, but I will say that your blood, sweat and tears make my dungeon romps all the more glorious and that you should be proud of your accomplishments. :P

Thank you. :D

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #43
quote:

Well, if you give us a chance to, we will!

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #44
You guys rock. :D

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #45
Thank you.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #46
Thanks. However, I think I've found a bug: You have the spell levels too high for god parties. Their damage levels are now wrapping around to zero as well.

Also, maybe you could make a kill-switch for the arena. More specifically, an ability you could use as a last resort to immediately end the fight (in case you get in a little over your head). And maybe a healer in the shopping area that can raise dead party members.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #47
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Thanks. However, I think I've found a bug: You have the spell levels too high for god parties. Their damage levels are now wrapping around to zero as well.
Hmm. That's a tough one. I was testing my god parties in Exodus, where the spell levels are definitely not too high. I guess if one uses a god party in a low-level scenario, though, one might run into this.

I'm not immediately coming up with a resolution for this problem. Any thoughts, anyone?

quote:
Also, maybe you could make a kill-switch for the arena. More specifically, an ability you could use as a last resort to immediately end the fight (in case you get in a little over your head). And maybe a healer in the shopping area that can raise dead party members.
Hmm. Can do.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #48
quote:

You're right. I would like to thank you for all the hard work and effort that you have put into this community, especially the HLPM, which I use quite frequently.

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #49
quote:

quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Hmm. That's a tough one. I was testing my god parties in Exodus, where the spell levels are definitely not too high. I guess if one uses a god party in a low-level scenario, though, one might run into this.

I'm not immediately coming up with a resolution for this problem. Any thoughts, anyone?

I phrased that badly. Essentially, it's like the physical damage resetting itself to zero, except that, instead of stopping at zero, it continues getting calculated, thus still doing (considerably less) damage. I noticed this when a God Party from an earlier version of the HLPM was doing about 18000 damage with Arcane Blow, where a God party from the most recent version were only doing 2000-5000 with the same spell against the same enemy.

So, basically, just setting the spell levels back to where they were should fix it.

[ Monday, March 12, 2007 20:22: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet

Pages