Graphics Wanted

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Graphics Wanted
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #0
Recently I have been surfing the web in search of Blades of Avernum graphic files and found a sad lack thereof. If anyone has found a good site and any good BOA graphics beyond the ones in the Spidweb Software link page please let me know. If you have any that are not on pages (my by you for example) please send them to an attached e-mail to Emigliah@hotmail.com All contributions are welcome and appreciated, in specific I am looking for an alternate boat graphic, Nephilim and Slitherazakai graphics and Empirical Human graphics. I am in the process of making three scenarios with a basis of each race and need more graphic files. Thanks, Jesse Keller.

--------------------
I start this off, without any words.
I got so high, I scratched till I bled.
Love myself, better then you.
I know it's wrong, so what should I do?
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #1
I am making an alternate Nephilim set, but there are some little things I have to fix up. They look a helluva lot better than the ones JV paid good cash for.

I'll let you know when they're done (which will probably be tomorrow evening.)

You can look at them now, but the Archer, Warrior, and several others have some things to be tweaked... so if you download them, be sure to get the final versions.

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

MSN: bleusoulilcercatore@hotmail.com
AIM: Byzantine Jones
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #2
Anything special you want made up out of those catagories?

Nice graphics bleu, the Nephil are a smidgeon to plump though, in my opinion. The plan nephil and archer also look a tad short (sorry, felt like being abit of a critic, don't mind me)

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #3
thnx mortimor, i like the idea you have, however i personally like the lean nephilim look better. I'm doing a savage nephilim based scenario and it just seems to work better, rather then ones that look like they've been fed. If you come out with any new things make sure and let me know though.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4778
Profile Homepage #4
is there a way to use alternate boat graphics besides changing the default graphics???

--------------------
www.bigblue.de.gg BoA graphics and more
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
I'm really surprised no one has posted this link yet, but the place for all BoA graphics is The Louvre. It has some sliths and Empire humans for sure. Not sure about nephils. Pretty sure it does not have alternate boat graphics because, as bigblue correctly notes, there's basically no way to implement them.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #6
Thank you keldalon however the Louvre is posted on the Spiderweb Software link page, 90 percent of the pages that I could find on the web I have visited, beyond the Louvre page, I have found crap...

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Mortimer:

Anything special you want made up out of those catagories?

Nice graphics bleu, the Nephil are a smidgeon to plump though, in my opinion. The plan nephil and archer also look a tad short (sorry, felt like being abit of a critic, don't mind me)

Bah! Are you one of the gamers who holds the belief that nephilim are scrawny house cats?! Away with you! These look like they might inflict damage, unlike JV's default stick figures. I may make the archer taller though.

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
The word "lithe" comes to mind before "scrawny", to be honest. :P

But yours are undeniably good graphics, even if in a different artistic style.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #9
Sweet graphics except fpor the fact that in combat mode (but not attacking) they are hunched. Being defensive is one thing, but looking constipated in another.

Do you mind if I use these in my scenario? I hadn't gotten around to making any character graphics yet since I've been doing terrain, and using yours would save me ALOT of efffort.

ありがとう。

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #10
Well, they aren't constipated. That was their original "standing" picture, but after similar criticism, I stood them up to make them look more civilized when not hostile. They're crouched--or as crouched as a two-legged feline humanoid can be.

Anyone may use this graphics, but please give me proper credit for them. Here are my graphics, which are as far as I know, complete.

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #11
I am now currently looking for custom wall graphics, I have a few but am looking in particular for ones that might go well with a barbaric slith scenario, if anyone has custom graphics that are NOT on the internet (to my knowledge) or ones that are on the internet but hard to find, please let me know

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4778
Profile Homepage #12
why don't you try to make your own when you are so sophisticated? it's not that hard to do so.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #13
Could you do a child nephilim, a shopkeeper nephilim, a watch cat (like a watch dog) and a lady nephilim. It would help makes the towns a little better.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by CinnamonToast:

Could you do a child nephilim, a shopkeeper nephilim, a watch cat (like a watch dog) and a lady nephilim. It would help makes the towns a little better.
I'm assuming this can only be directed to me. Yes, I can and will do at least a shopkeeper nephilim, child, and lady nephilim. I assume a watch cat would be just a trained domestic cat, no?

I can't promise that it will happen today, since my brother just got Burnout 3 on Xbox and Ninja Gaiden. Not to mention that I work 8 hours a day... :P

But it should be done by the end of the week at most.

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

Apprentice
Member # 4809
Profile #15
I can't really give you any recommendations outside of The Louvre, which has already been mentioned.

I have a few custom graphics of my own that are close to being finished but they're mainly items. However, I'm also working an oriental-style wall set so I'll send it to you once I'm finished if you'd like it. I'm also willing to have a go at a few nephil graphics - it should probably take me about a week to make a decent set of them. (Unfortunately, college - and therefore homework - comes first, otherwise it wouldn't take me quite as long.)

Bleusoul - Nice graphics, although it might be better to make them just slightly slimmer if you intend to use them for Nephilim characters. However, I think these ones would work very well for Nepharim, who have a heavier build than the Nephils. (Nephils tend to be described as lithe and dextrous rather than muscular and robust, which is probably why all the nephil graphics that come with the game look anorexic.)

[ Thursday, September 09, 2004 04:07: Message edited by: The Fish-Throwing Sadist ]

--------------------
Watch this space.
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #16
Any graphics that you wish to contribute would be appreciated, I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to use everything for yet, but I think I can find an application. If you want to make a Nephil, that would be nice, one thing to include would be a lithe version of the original shaman.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #17
It would probably be a good idea to make your scenario first, using placeholder graphics, and then ask around for new ones only when you're done. There isn't really much incentive to make custom graphics if you don't even know that they will end up being used, since many scenarios usually end up taking up space on a hard drive somewhere because the designer lost interest.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by wz. arsics:

It would probably be a good idea to make your scenario first, using placeholder graphics, and then ask around for new ones only when you're done. There isn't really much incentive to make custom graphics if you don't even know that they will end up being used, since many scenarios usually end up taking up space on a hard drive somewhere because the designer lost interest.
I have to agree there.

No-one wants to waste valuable time making pictures, for the slight chance, slight, that they might be used in a scenario. Most people never finish them, so they're just saved on an old disk and put into the attic to gather dust.

:D

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #19
I never asked anyone to MAKE any graphics, I have merely been asking if they HAVE any graphics. If someone feels the need to make graphics, and gives them to me, fine, but I am merely searching, which is why I put up the posts.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #20
I suppose :cool:
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #21
Dear BigBlue, I would make my own, but most of my free time is currently tooken up by scripting millions of stupid words and numbers. It's much easier to send a couple posts to see if anyone else has or has the incentive to give me some pics. Beyond that I am no expert at 3D design, and I'm hoping to find some proffesional looking ones (like BOA's originals at least). If these posts gain me something then they have achieved their goal. If I get nothing then maybe at one point I will, when I'm done with the scripting part.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4778
Profile Homepage #22
well, i do both at a time with having no experience in both!
and i'm written bigblue. if it was written in another way, i would write it in another way!

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #23
Dear bigblue, if your post wasnt all the way at the top I would have noticed your bad grammar, on the other hand I have college and work to deal with, so don't really have the time to do both.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by SmirfOfDoom:

Dear bigblue, if your post wasnt all the way at the top I would have noticed your bad grammar, on the other hand I have college and work to deal with, so don't really have the time to do both.
He has a point there, bigblue, and you sort of DID write your posts so it looked as if your name was just another grammar error...

Cheer up! People call me "Archmagi Michael" lots of the time, just ignore them, it's only a stupid little name.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)

Pages