Betatesters for 3D Blades of Avernum Editor!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Betatesters for 3D Blades of Avernum Editor!
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #75
HOLY CRAPOLA!

So... freaking... awesome!

THANK YOU!

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #76
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

EDIT: Oh, um, I thought of something. It would be nice if monsters showed the same rectangles around them that tell whether they're hostile or friendly or hidden or whatever as they do in 2D mode.
Ok, I'll put this on my list of things to probably do in the next version. I'll have to test how it looks, but I think I can do it.

EDIT: I had an idea! I could outline them with that color (like in BoA there's a blue outline around the active character in combat).

[ Monday, August 09, 2004 08:22: Message edited by: Isaac ]

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #77
Version 0.11. Tinting, lighting in realistic mode, creatures outlined with a color showing their attitude and hidden class. You can scroll all the way to the edge, in 2D or 3D. If you try to scroll off the edge in outdoors, you will switch sectors, with a "do you save" dialog if you've modified the current outdoor sector.

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #78
You are, once again, more the man than I could ever describe. Rock on.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #79
quote:
Originally written by Eldiran:

HOLY CRAPOLA!

So... freaking... awesome!

THANK YOU!

times two

EDIT: Oops! I guess I spoke too soon! After loading up my CoNR in the new editor, I'm finding that in 3D town mode there's a blotch of purple next to each monster. Realistic mode replaces everything with grey, green, and purple blotches.

This is at least how it works on my computer. I'm using Mac OS X 10.3.3.

EDIT2: I spoke too soon again. After more testing I found that that's how it works when not in the recommended Thousands of Colors. I had usually ran as is, which was Millions of Colors. It works when I use thousands, though.

[ Friday, August 13, 2004 10:21: Message edited by: Eldiran ]

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #80
That's odd. I'm not seeing any blotches. Mac OS 10.2.8, looking at TCoNR, too.

EDIT: Ah.

[ Friday, August 13, 2004 10:24: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #81
There is an occasional bug that when you scroll from an outdoor section to another outdoor section the game will bring up the "Do you want to save before loading the next section (or something like that)" and ask for open/cancel/save. No matter what option you choose, the game will suddenly quit (but still save).

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #82
Strange. Do you know what you were doing, or any details that might help me? Does a dialog come up saying "The application has unexpectedly quit"? If so, can you get me the stack trace from the Console? Has this ever happened to you when doing a lot of editing and switching outdoor sector without this feature? Does it only happen in a particular scenario? What sort of properties have the scenarios it happened in have? Outdoor dimensions? Were you also editing the town, or not at all? Did you load a different town? Did you also use the Load outdoor sector from the menu? Are you using other applictions at the same time? (when running at the same time as Blades of Avernum, the only ill affect I noticed was they were both about three times slower, and that happens with the non-3D editor as well) What version of the OS are you using?

Many of these questions are possibly irrelevant, but I need information to help me track this down.

[ Tuesday, August 17, 2004 03:27: Message edited by: Isaac ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #83
*sigh* When will someone port it to PC? Unfortunately I know no programming...

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #84
quote:
Originally written by Isaac:

Strange. Do you know what you were doing, or any details that might help me? Does a dialog come up saying "The application has unexpectedly quit"? If so, can you get me the stack trace from the Console? Has this ever happened to you when doing a lot of editing and switching outdoor sector without this feature? Does it only happen in a particular scenario? What sort of properties have the scenarios it happened in have? Outdoor dimensions? Were you also editing the town, or not at all? Did you load a different town? Did you also use the Load outdoor sector from the menu? Are you using other applictions at the same time? (when running at the same time as Blades of Avernum, the only ill affect I noticed was they were both about three times slower, and that happens with the non-3D editor as well) What version of the OS are you using?

Many of these questions are possibly irrelevant, but I need information to help me track this down.

System:
10.2.8 (Soon to be 10.3.x)
0.75 GB RAM

Apps:
Finder
3D BoA Editor

Error Messages:
None

Activites:
I was scrolling from outdoor section to outdoor section. Happens if I go N, S, E, or W. Happens whether or not I made a change to the outdoors (I can load, scroll, and crash). Also corrupts the outdoor section it crashes.

Never edited towns.

Happens with 2D editor, or Realistic view.

Using Load Outdoor section does not crash. Only scrolling.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 2838
Profile #85
quote:
Originally written by Overwhelming:

I think we'll have to wait *sigh* anyway, I'm getting used to the 2d editor.

[ Tuesday, August 17, 2004 09:27: Message edited by: LUEshi ]

--------------------
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : :: o`-, … I'm under your bed.
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #86
I haven't even managed to reproduce this thing! Do you have a reliable way to get it to happen? Also, does it only happen on certain scenarios? And what do you mean the sector is "corrupted"?

EDIT: Has anyone else had anything like this (crashing when scrolling between outdoor sectors) happen?

[ Wednesday, August 18, 2004 06:44: Message edited by: Isaac ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #87
Corrupt = Terrains/Floors revert to 0.

[ Wednesday, August 18, 2004 09:32: Message edited by: Dahak ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #88
quote:
Originally written by LUEshi:

quote:
Originally written by Overwhelming:

I think we'll have to wait *sigh* anyway, I'm getting used to the 2d editor.

Give me to late september(when I have a new computer and some C++ software) and I'll see if I have the know whats to do it. No promises though, just saying im looking into it. (im not to experienced but I have access to alot of help).

[ Wednesday, August 18, 2004 21:41: Message edited by: Mortimer ]

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #89
Dahak: There's a chance your download was corrupted. I've seen something like it happen once. I suggest you try downloading the editor again.

If that doesn't work, what scenario are you editing that this happens with? If it's not one of the ones that I can get from Spiderweb, can you make it available to me?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #90
I haven't had much time to work on this since I've been at school. Here's version 0.12. There is a new feature: You can now change the size of the outdoors after creating your scenario! I would suggest making a backup copy of your scenario file first, in case something goes wrong. The saving could go wrong; remember, this is still beta (although if no one finds any bugs, I am prepared to make this version 1.0*). Also, you might accidentally change the scenario in a way you don't like. This version includes some minor fixes to bugs no-one else probably encountered, they were so obscure. One thing of note is now it accounts for walls of heights greater than 1. While investigating that, I found out that type 1 walls outdoors have 2 height. I fixed it so it works in millions of colors again, and removed the warning on startup if you have millions of colors. I also fixed the bug of calculating light given by terrain incorrectly some of the time. I know of no bugs at this time other than possibly Dahak's problem with scrolling between outdoor sectors, which I have little information on, no way to reproduce, and no idea what could be causing it.

*When I make 1.0, should I make another thread about it (3D Editor Version 1.0 released for Mac OS X)? Also, has anyone made any progress on porting it to PC?

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #91
I'd advise starting a new thread when you release the final version. It'll attract more attention, which it richly deserves.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #92
Question- is there a way to CHANGE the amount of light that the perspective-party has? (That is, use that unused button to "raise/lower light".) I mean, it'd really be nifty...
Thanks! ^_^

Oh yeah- cliffs on solid stone look really weird, since while the "side" portions aren't drawn, the "middle" line portions are. Also, could you have different halos/outlines for Hidden Hostile A and Hidden Hostile B? (Plus, Hidden Hostile and Hidden Neutral outlines look way too similar. I'd give Hidden Neutral a grey-like color.)

Other than that, I absolutely love the changes.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #93
I'm kinda confused. This is the beta version you're just now releasing? Well, I have been using it for about 2 weeks. SOOOO, ??????

--------------------
I start this off, without any words.
I got so high, I scratched till I bled.
Love myself, better then you.
I know it's wrong, so what should I do?
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #94
Uh please, get a clue. He's releasing a NEW beta version.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #95
Uh, please suck my a** ya f***. D*** big-headed bas***d

--------------------
I start this off, without any words.
I got so high, I scratched till I bled.
Love myself, better then you.
I know it's wrong, so what should I do?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #96
quote:
Originally written by SmirfOfDoom:
Uh, please suck my a** ya f***. D*** big-headed bas***d
Uh, Smirf, back off just a tad. That was uncalled for. The question was rather silly (and easily answerable if you had just read the entire thread -- note that he's been releasing new beta versions periodically and using this thread to announce it, as the first public beta was v0.8 and the current one is v0.12).

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #97
quote:
Originally written by Corporeus the Seer:

Question- is there a way to CHANGE the amount of light that the perspective-party has? (That is, use that unused button to "raise/lower light".) I mean, it'd really be nifty...
Thanks! ^_^

No. I figured that if you're playing, you'd always have as much light as you can get. Of course this is not always true, especially outdoors, but how important is it? When outdoors, if you want a view of an area that's not lit up, move around a bit. Indoors, if you want to see how it looks when the party has no light, temporarily switch the lighting to Totally Dark (I know it's a clumsy mechanism). I don't think it's worth implementing (and using up a button).

quote:

Oh yeah- cliffs on solid stone look really weird, since while the "side" portions aren't drawn, the "middle" line portions are.
Yes, I know they look weird (I'm not sure what you mean specifically though) but I don't think this is important either; I think it's more important to have them look like a bunch of darkness.

quote:

Also, could you have different halos/outlines for Hidden Hostile A and Hidden Hostile B? (Plus, Hidden Hostile and Hidden Neutral outlines look way too similar. I'd give Hidden Neutral a grey-like color.)
The colors aren't my choice. I took them from how it displays in 2D. However I agree that they can be troublesome (although when are you using hidden creatures of all attitudes anyway?). I'll try to make them more distinct.

Also, I'd like to hear any feedback about the Change Outdoor Size mechanism - if you've tried it and it works or not, even whether you like the interface. However I realize that it is not a feature that would be commonly used, so most of you are probably not using it at all.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #98
I've announced it in the site. Btw, I would also like to know if there is a PC version in progress. Anyone (*cough*Mortimer*cough*)?

[ Sunday, September 19, 2004 01:47: Message edited by: Overwhelming ]

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #99
In before the inevitable ban.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00

Pages