How will you choose to rock?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: How will you choose to rock?
Infiltrator
Member # 463
Profile #25
quote:
I doubt you could make this poll worse if you tried.
Too late. Someone else beat him to it.

--------------------
Let the soul trading begin.
Shock Trooper
Member # 431
Profile #26
You seem to be obssessed (sp?) with Dio!!! I mean they're pretty good, but I'm not sure if they'd fit every BoA situation... It would have to be a really like, fantastic (like medievalish) situation. Maybe Avantasia would fit? Or perhaps Tristania's "Widow's Weed", or, Nightwish? Kamelot? Well, I don't really know, actually... er, I'll leave that to the 'experts' (though I don't know who they are)

--------------------
GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY TOMATO!
Warrior
Member # 3251
Profile Homepage #27
"They"? "Dio" is a band, yes, but I'm referring more specifically to the man with the last name of "Dio." Ronnie James Dio has been in several bands, here are all of them: The Vegas Kings (garage band?), Electric Elves (garage?), Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, and finally..."Dio." His most medieval, recorder/lute/clav-y stuff was Rainbow...but I only say that because I'm not familiar with anything before that.

Well, can we just end this topic on the note that:
"Enya definately does not work with fantasy RPG stuff." Honestly, someone should throw a brick with a note that has that phrase attached to it through Peter Jackson's window. :mad:

--------------------
...and all was laid to burnination...
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #28
quote:
Orignally posted by TM:
This poll is crap
Well done, TM, you've made the only comment which makes sense yet.
I have never heard of any of those bands. And yes, I am an idiot.
Apprentice
Member # 3291
Profile #29
sigh. I keep trying to take the poll.. I can't answer that last question.
I mean really, You couldn't even answer that if you had checked both megadeth and renaissance...
So what is to be done if one's ideal selection is beyond the realm of bland metal (My opinion, of course) and pop?
My scenario would be best with Rasputina... maybe Flogging Molly

Megadeath. Feh.

And can't a scenario not based on avernum make sense? Centuries of literature have been written quite sensibly without Avernum....
Apprentice
Member # 3291
Profile #30
sigh. I keep trying to take the poll.. I can't answer that last question.
I mean really, You couldn't even answer that if you had checked both megadeth and renaissance...
So what is to be done if one's ideal selection is beyond the realm of bland metal (My opinion, of course) and pop?
My scenario would be best with Rasputina... maybe Flogging Molly

Megadeath. Feh.

And can't a scenario not based on avernum make sense? Centuries of literature have been written quite sensibly without Avernum....
Warrior
Member # 3251
Profile Homepage #31
Could an administrator please close the poll? I'm tired of people complaining. It's as if they're being FORCED to take it! And as if they actually have the option of putting music to the game! And as if I didn't specifically call the poll "How will you choose to rock?"! I mean, you can't rock very well with classical music, people!

Megadeth, bland? Feh? You must be confused with Anthrax or latter Metallica. :D

If I had said Ricard Wagner, people would probably complain and say I'm anti-Sematic. And he's friggin' perfect. So you see, there is just no winning when dealing with people with NO classical training! :P :mad:

Maybe I shouldn't have listed Dio so many times...or maybe you all should hear a Dio song sometime, hosers. Take off, eh?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #32
Well, it's certainly amusing to see one steadfast guy defend his musical tastes against the whole board without faltering. But it doesn't matter how many times you call anyone an idiot, I still prefer classical music to any of the currently popular crap. If you'll listen closely in Exile 1 (at least if you have a mac, I'm told, it doesn't work for me), you'll hear that the theme of Exile is also a classical one, by Bach. :P

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3190
Profile #33
I hate popular music, its just not interesting and most of it seems the same as the last one. Though I'm in to Rock, and I like some of the music. I would listen to Music off computer games when playing Exile/Avernum because most of the times it givs it the right atmosphere. I keep forgetting how much of my music is on my computer.

--------------------
"Omnipresent, but always late"
Warrior
Member # 2189
Profile #34
[whining] (Hard-)Rock isn't exactly fitted to a turn-based rpg.. action game perhaps.. [/whining]

In turn-based games, the music is supposed to be more slow paced than in real-time based games
Warrior
Member # 2189
Profile #35
(Hard-)Rock isn't exactly fitted to a turn-based rpg.. action game perhaps.. [/whining]

In turn-based games, the music is supposed to be more slow paced than in real-time based games
Apprentice
Member # 3348
Profile Homepage #36
I'd like to find ways to add in Mudvayne, system of a down, and random techno in certain places.

But what WOULD fit rather well into Avernum, the music from Journeyman Project. (if you havent heard of it, it's a masterpiece of a game about time travel)

--------------------
Huh?
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #37
Thank you for submitting your opinion.

Three weeks too late.

EDIT: I would not exactly call Mudvayne and System Of A Down 'hard rock'. They are a branch of pseudo-punk which I'll get back to you about when someone names it in hindsight.

[ Sunday, August 24, 2003 08:01: Message edited by: Barrel General Custer ]

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #38
Wow... there was absolutly no need to revive this topic...

But just since you did, I'll give my opinion to this Hell-hole. Rock? No. Techo? No. Rap? No. Cheap midi-produced Zelda sounding music? Yes.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3251
Profile Homepage #39
Seriously, I'm over this ****. Someone close the topic, too, if possible please.

(If I don't stop myself from caring, this topic would never end, so burninate this from the face of the earth if need be!)

--------------------

Pages