Scenarios currently being worked on

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Scenarios currently being worked on
Apprentice
Member # 4185
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Please don't. I'm quite sure one thing we won't need is more bad scenarios. :P
quote:
I'd like to throw my balls in to point out that *trying to make the worst scenario* will fail, miseraly.
*sigh* Guess you're right. Nothing beats the naturally bad scenarios (I still wonder what that lost_king trilogy is... :rolleyes: ) . And who would play it anyway? I still think it can be done though, as some kind of parody maybe, so you won't get rid of it that easily :P .

--------------------
Rufo, Vahnatai Ka, Te Pinoat
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by The Demonslayer:

I was going to suggest getting used to my "style", but I have no idea where any of my BOE scenarios ended up. Or what name they might be under...
Which scenarios would these be?

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #27
It is rather astonishing how scenarios manage to survive. If people remember NK0P, they'll remember anything.

After seeing more of Max Power's posts, I have to think that if anyone can make a collaboration work, MP can. However, that's still an if.

As for the initial topic of this thread, I (obviously) have a scenario that I'm working on under the name The Slith Homeland (although that is subject to change). The premise is, well, the sliths are trying to get to their homeland through Lost Bahssikava. I have about nine towns almost done right now, and I'm not sure how much more there will be -- this scenario could go on for another twenty towns or just another one or two, depending on how I sketch out the rest of the plot.

Having sort of lost Internet access temporarily (I'm stealing a friend's dial-up connection to post this) has allowed me to concentrate more on designing, so hopefully this scenario will be done before the month is over, but who knows.

And I'm intending to do a slight revision of the HLPM to include some trial combats, to make the shops more obvious about what they're selling, and to incorporate users' feedback. That is, once I get some users' feedback. :P I'm looking to find out how well it serves its main purpose right now, which is to make parties for ZKR and DWtD.

EDIT: And if you wonder about the lost_king trilogy, check out the Lyceum's CSR. Look at the lowest rated scenarios. The lost_king trilogy is in there.

[ Tuesday, June 15, 2004 02:17: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by The Creator:

quote:
Originally written by The Demonslayer:

I was going to suggest getting used to my "style", but I have no idea where any of my BOE scenarios ended up. Or what name they might be under...
Which scenarios would these be?

That's the problem. I, personally, no longer hold copies. And I think they were deleted from the internet years ago. I wasn't a member of the forums back then (I just spied), so I can't tell you what monikers they might be under. Probably for the better, seeing as how bad they most likely were. I was proud of 2/6. They usually dealt with a satanic cult called the "People of Set", who tried various schemes to bring their god, Set, back to the world and kill all the infidels. So the names of the scenarios had tendencies to be along those lines. I can't quite recall some examples... I'll try to find some records of them somewhere.

Anyway, I suggest trying my style as it seemed a bit different than most, with the way I developed characters. It would seem that most people (no one) has played them, so perhaps someone would like to try them out to tell me if I should even bother or not. I recall a moniker, "Izod". So try looking for that.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Rufo:

I still think it can be done though, as some kind of parody maybe, so you won't get rid of it that easily :P
See TEH GRICH!"112123´0efj9pdcsjo121!221§1 and tREhed GFriscnch 2 the fdomm of da w0rld!311!+, by TM.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Apprentice
Member # 4268
Profile #30
quote:
My first project for BoA will be a huge, massive, epic-sized, grandiose, umm, thingy, that will be at least five times the size of AC3 and will feature a world filled with thousands of npc's, each so detailed and fleshed out that you can spend hours just speaking to each one.
It doesn't sound like you did that much yet but could you send like your unfinished scenario to me I need some ideas. Yours sounds good and I weouldn't mind seeing a bit of it.
If you can
send it to quick_attack15@hotmail.com
um....THANX....I hope
(I hope your scenario goes well)

--------------------
He strikes silently with large claws..........and webbed feet!
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #31
If Jeff really isn't joking about that scenario then I'm gonna...be very...surprised. And I will definately not check the spelling mistakes in it :P

I am currently working on a scenario that's pretty short, hoping to release it somewhat soon, depending on how long it takes me to figure out how to get the dialog working.

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #32
For all of you who are dense, Shyguy is obviously joking. :P
Shock Trooper
Member # 954
Profile #33
No one in their right mind would plan to design such a scenario!

Rest assured, AC3 is the biggest game I will ever make. And it has close to 140 towns and dungeons!

Although...

My initial post isn't that far from the truth. I'll just say that my next project will be something very close to what I described. It just won't be contained in one game.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #34
So we'll be seeing titles like Adventurer's Club 4: Adventurer's Club, Adventurer's Club 5: The Adventurer Strikes Back and Adventurer's Club 6: The Return of the Adventurer?

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Warrior
Member # 2838
Profile #35
Is someone going to do the remake of "A little girl"? :P

--------------------
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : :: o`-, … I'm under your bed.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #36
No, no, no!

Adventurer's Club 7: The Return of the Adventurer Returns

:P

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #37
I am willing to convert the lost_king trilogy to BoA. I don't know much scripting yet, but hey, that's unneccessary, we're talking about masterpieces here!

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Apprentice
Member # 4553
Profile #38
Unforunately, there's no prize for the worst scenario in THE GREAT CONTEST 'cause I would be the sure winner(or loser,whatever).

--------------------
The monster was as surprising as the limbo dancer that appears under the bathroom door of life.
- Terry Pratchett, Equal rites
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #39
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

As for the initial topic of this thread, I (obviously) have a scenario that I'm working on under the name The Slith Homeland (although that is subject to change). The premise is, well, the sliths are trying to get to their homeland through Lost Bahssikava. I have about nine towns almost done right now, and I'm not sure how much more there will be -- this scenario could go on for another twenty towns or just another one or two, depending on how I sketch out the rest of the plot.
I'm working on a similar plot too. Dejavu.

[ Sunday, June 20, 2004 07:54: Message edited by: Kiexcolo ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 954
Profile #40
"Adventurer's Club 8: The Fellowship of the Adventurers". "Adventurer's Club 9: The Two Adventurer's Clubs". "Adventurer's Club 10: Return of the..." No wait, That one's already been done.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #41
Damnit. :P

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #42
Hey! I'm thinking about doing one. First time, though. . . But I already have a title (yippey!) "A Dance in Chaos: Livestock Insurrection" It's about Livestock lycanthropes, you know, werechickens, werepigs, werecows, etc. If all goes well it's going to be the first part of a series, which will include, beholders (not eye beasts), clones, planes, gods and, of course, necromancers. If all goes well. . .
Hopefully the first one will be ready in a couple of months.

I had a question:

Is it okay if the scenario takes place in a world other than the one of Avernum? Or is there some unwritten rule that scenarios should be part of that world?

I'm glad too see so many people interested in making scenarios fro BoA. It seems I need to download and register a copy of BoE since there are some many over there.

Cheers!

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #43
Scenarios outside the Avernum world are fine. Most of the best BoE scenarios are only tenuously connected with the Avernum storyline, if at all.

[ Monday, June 21, 2004 01:09: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #44
Since many (if not most, even) scenarios in BoE take place outside the Exile world, I think you're pretty safe making a BoA scenario outside the Avernum world. (EDIT: As Thuryl said, posting just before me.)

BoE is a great buy. There are a sizable number of great scenarios. Anything rated 8.0 or better on the Lyceum is pretty darn good, and anything over 9.0 is awesome. And new ones are coming out all the time!

[ Monday, June 21, 2004 00:13: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4152
Profile #45
I hope that there will be a bit more challengive scenarios. All my partymembers are over level 40, so those current scenarios were rather easy.

--------------------
avavavavavavavavavavavava
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #46
I think the purpose of some scenerios is to use a new party instead of your demi-god adventurers.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #47
Im working on a scen where you are not the good guys. You are raiders, seeking revenge by stealing important items to different cultures. Im not releasing it, because it is only a small test scen for me to learn scripting.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #48
I know that people are making some test scenarios which they do not want to release under their name. However, there are very few scenarios out there. Would there be a way to release some of the initial scenarios anonymously so we can play them without the persons first try being embarrassing. Like the last one. Just a thought.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #49
How... ...interesting.

No legitimate or proven designers have tossed anything but joke suggestions into this topic. I'm still working on something, but I'll leave it for the rest of you to figure out. It'll be special, I promise.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00

Pages