Mean Me.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mean Me.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #0
From VoDT, you know that guy Vandor, whose wife died, son went blind and daughter is dying? Well, after I got him all depressed listening to his sob story, I robbed him blind and killed him. Then I used his children for target practice.

Also, I know I've said this before, but the beggar in Backwater Calls who tells everyone to "resist magic" (because it made him blind) got a taste of my mage's level 50 Arcane Blow. OWCH. Fortunately, he didn't survive long enough to feel much pain.

I also killed Prazac with Quickfire in E3, but she probably deserved it for not doing anything about the Exile/Avernum War, such as, I don't know... STOPPING IT!

We've all done things like that, summoning "Rentar Ihronos" and Alien Beasts against little goblins and such, but I was wondering if anyone else had any disgusting stories to share.

Poll Information
This poll contains 4 question(s). 38 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=nTWLJriyiOiL"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=nTWLJriyiOiL"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
I hate murdering. Let me say that up front. That's why I got so mad in A4 when... (gibberish). I had to shield, haste and run to keep from killing anyone.

Stealing... well, if it's a nice magical thing and it's not nailed down/being watched... then what can I do?

Shockwave? Mass Charm? You Exile people... But in A4 I'm surprised I never did anything stupid with (gibberish).

Wow I can't wait until I can actually talk about A4.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #2
Kelandon can probably relate to you what I did in the betatest of Lord Putidus.

I do that in every scenario I play in which it is possible.

EDIT: That said, this IS the wrong forum for Shockwave and Mass Charm. I didn't really use those in BoE, either - there are better ways of committing multiple genocide.

[ Wednesday, December 07, 2005 21:21: Message edited by: Imban ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #3
Yeah. Like Slow-but-relentless-fire.
Stealing and murdering are impossible in Canopy. (Well, you can hack Kedalvasser to pieces, but you can't survive leaving the town.)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
By the time I start going on killing rampages in any game, it is usually a sign I am bored and should do something more productive with my time.

That said, it was a fun challenge to assassinate all town mayors in A3 while avoiding harm to anyone else. Not especially tricky, but interesting.

On other counts, I'm with Ephesos. I'll usually enter a dungeon in "stealth mode", hasted and blessed to excess, and sneak my way to the boss that needs to be killed to advance the plot.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
I steal, but I don't murder. I managed to rob every friendly dragon in Exile I and II without killing any of them (mostly by running away a lot).

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #6
It's probably the dragons (Except the kindly Motrax) that deserve it the most, especially Khoth when he gets REALLY upset at anything in ZKR, even though he tried to kill you twice. Hoarding is a worse sin than stealing in some situations (Sulfras really rips you off in A/E2 for freeing him), and those "almighty" lizards could show some dignity in the forms of patience and humility.

Rob from: Khoth, Athron (especially), Sulfras, grouchy DRAKE-LORDS

Kill: Khoth, Athron (especially), Pyrog, grouchy DRAKES

Desecrate: Athron's corpse

Eat: Athron's eggs, over easy.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
I sense a deep-lying subconscious, almost oedipal hatred against Athron... [/Freud]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by An array cat:

I sense a deep-lying subconscious, almost oedipal hatred against Athron... [/Freud]
I just sense some major unresolved issues. Doesn't even have to be about Athron, I just sense some really messed-up emotions.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 2711
Profile #9
Call me a thief, but every time I enter a new town, I talk to everyone I can, and do my best to look into every container available, and then some. Seriously, I can say without hyperbole that all my stuff came from someone else (But then again, blacksmiths are someone else, just like the guard you killed cause you needed a few bolts...)

Murdering? well, once I'm powerful enough I take out towns but never save after doing it (try leaving VoDT with nobody alive :D ) I always thought it was stupid that you killed some random guy in a corner where nobody was watching and you suddenly had everyone on your ass. If they deserve it/frequently, I guess.

Exile spells? well, I certainly tried them out all at least once to try them out, again, how do they know you casted it? (Especially in places like the tower of magi...)
Posts: 126 | Registered: Wednesday, February 26 2003 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #10
I only flip out and go on a murderous rampage when I'm [b]really[/b] provoked. You know, like when a shopkeeper is charging too much for his energy elixirs.

I only wish you could steal his wares from his twitching, steaming corpse. Not very realistic, that. Surely he'd still have the stuff on him?

...Or did I accidentally break it all?
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #11
I steal in the game, but rarley kill unless necesarry.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

I steal, but I don't murder. I managed to rob every friendly dragon in Exile I and II without killing any of them (mostly by running away a lot).
Pff, lol. Pull your head out Nancy. :P

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #13

You do realize that Thuryl is the #2 player of all time, right?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #14
Kill all Empire cities! Kill their soldiers, steal their stuff, that´s what the Empire´s here for! :D

(But everytime I try it, I kill some lizards too! :( :mad: )

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #15
I steal all the time. I try not to murder simply because of the hostile towns situation. I find rather annoying when the town becomes hostile if a chicken sees you steal some coins.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #16
Yeah, right. That´s a really odd feature of nearly all Spidweb games. I took once a cup o´ tea from a soldier in E3(I think so)and he was going to slice me up for that. That´s how I got a whole big city after me. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think it was the already skribbane crazy city of Gale! :D

--------------------

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #17
Somehow, in BoA, they got around the problem of chickens tattling on you for committing crimes.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #18
Chickens are neutral and thus don't report crimes.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #19
Are there any neutral NPCs in any Avernum? :confused:

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #20
I've stolen items a few times. I don't really do it anymore.

As for the third one, yeah, done that before. That's how I learned Shockwave did unblockable damage.

As for the other ones, I don't like going hostile on friendlies. I think combat can be very annoying. Attacking friendlies = more combat.

(Also, were there any BoE scenarios that forced you to steal items to complete the scenario? I think I recall some scenarios, can't remember which.)

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Slith Lord:

Are there any neutral NPCs in any Avernum? :confused:
I'm fairly certain that there are not many, if any. Any non-hostile character I've run across in the Avernum trilogy was definately friendly, and went hostile when the town did. In Avernum 3 I have seen chickens, children, dogs, cats, lizards all get killed by the giant cockroaches.

This would indicate to me that there were no neutral parties in any Avernum game before BoA or, if there were any neutrals, they went hostile too when the town they were in went hostile.

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #22
They were attacked by the cockroaches, because the roaches were enemies of everything, maybe even of other plague monsters.

[ Tuesday, December 13, 2005 02:36: Message edited by: Slith Lord ]

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 6514
Profile #23
go by the motto : What isn't nailed down is mine, what I can pry up, isn't nailed down. I try not to kill to many peple though, you never know you might need them. I make eceptions for snobby merchants, like that guy in selcucia in DwD

--------------------
reach out and torch someone
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #24
Selucia is a twit, but he has some godly stuff.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.