Bahssikava Help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Bahssikava Help
Apprentice
Member # 3262
Profile #0
Greetings, I am currently enjoying Bahssikava. When I got to the puzzle in the "Machinery" level I needed to resort to the walk-through guide. However, in the guide the author refers to moving the mirrors to numbered spaces, for example SPACE (36,25) and SPACE (28,20). I understand the concept of locating oneself on a grid, but can anyone tell me how you find the grid squares to count? Thanks in advance for any help.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
The only way I know of counting the squars is to get in combat mode. When in combat mode, you se squars on the ground. An other method I don't know.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #2
Wow. Over 2 years you were registered and just now have made your first post. I think that's some kind of record. As far as coordinates go,
PC - there is no mechanism for coordinates. One must guess, and I believe 0,0 is the upper left corner of the map.
Mac - you can request coordinates from some menu dropdown.

*this message sponsored by Arctic*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Apprentice
Member # 3262
Profile #3
Well, I suppose two years is a long time to lurk, but there is a lot to READ on the message boards. Who knows how many others may just be reading all of these messages over-your-shoulder so to speak. I usually find the answers to my questions already on the board.

That was going to be my next question, where is space (0,0)? The rooms are often oddly shaped though and covered in tiles with even more squares on them. It makes it tough to count without going cross-eyed. Thanks for your help.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #4
Bahsskiva has a built-in ability to find your location. It's in the ability menu, the same place where you cast Ritual of Sanctification from. You'll probably be using both quite often.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Foxman:

I usually find the answers to my questions already on the board.
It is there, if you look hard enough. :P But yes, use the custom ability, as has been said already.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3262
Profile #6
A locator! Now THAT'S an ability I didn't notice. It's what I needed. Thanks guys.
Apprentice
Member # 6278
Profile Homepage #7
*reads thread*

*tries abilities*

Wow....

*switched window mode off and goes back to full screen*

Thanks for that! :)
*happy*

--------------------
I outnumbered them one to thirty!
Apprentice
Member # 5920
Profile Homepage #8
A happy ending! :) .

By the way, does anybody know why the print party loc menu item is disabled in Windows? (I'm using a Mac, so I'm not used to Windows-specific debugging.)

--------------------
"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul." -Sauron
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
You need to run the game in a window in order to get to the menu. I think Windows users don't have the option to run the game in a window.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

You need to run the game in a window in order to get to the menu. I think Windows users don't have the option to run the game in a window.
I can see the menu on my Mac, everytime I just go with the cursor to the top of the screen. I don't need to make a window of it. It just pops up when I place my cursor on it.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #11
I just defeated nolagh-Kar, but i was a bit dissappointed by the fight. I had gone through the crypt in bashikava (was it ancient Bashikava?) and defeated the Slith Avatar, the ghosts and destroyed about two or three altars. And then you get the see the evil boss, but I managed to kill him without even being hurt! Probably because of all the help I received from imps and ghosts and sliths. I the rest of the scenario as hard or less hard then Nolagh-Kar?

EDIT: I forgot to say I reallt like the puzzles in his fortress, although they were a bit simple, but I like the way they were made.

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 05:09: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
If you found Nolagh-Khar easy, you may be a little high-level for the scenario. (Well, either that or you're a smart player, and used archery and summoning to wear NK down instead of charging at him in melee. Or you used Heroic Brews on all your fighters and beat him to death in a round or two; it's hardly Kel's fault that Divine Aid is ludicrously unbalancing.)

In any case, keep playing. If nothing else in the scenario gives you a challenge, the final battle ought to.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #13
No, my party level isn't that high. I entered the scenario with a level 33 party, but by the time I got to NK, I was a level 45 party. In the beginning of the fight, I got help from the imps, after that I got help from the ghosts, and then I also had Pheadra and Ithik, who didn't do much. I didn't use any potion, except a healing elixer and healing potion. Also, I didn't use the walkthrough, and still found it quite easy to slay him. It were more the other demons and haakais of whom I was scared, by as I managed to kill them quite quickly, they didn't stand in my way.

I just remembered I used mostly archery and repel spirit, and the slith ghosts and Phaedra charged at him with melee.

[ Monday, October 10, 2005 05:46: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
This is further evidence that (as I've sworn from the beginning) if you explore everything as you would in the AT, Bahssikava is a fairly easy scenario. Well, and if you use a fair bit of archery.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #15
Yes, you're right, kelandon. I indeed explored everything to the last detail.I did this mostly though to see how you made everything and how it all looks like in the game. I looked at it many times in the editor, so now I wanted to see what it all did in reality. No matter what the difficulty was, I still am amazed by the cutscenes, and this really was the first time I was actually feeling something when the steel doors opened. This ussually didn't happen with other scenario's, were I mostly saw the message "and all was well" after you defeat the bad guy.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #16
Whatcha gonna do,
Whatcha gonna do,
When Kass comes for you?
Bad Slith! Bad Slith! :cool:

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!