Stuck Again!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Stuck Again!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #0
I'm sure some of you have heard of being stuck at nout with no boat or ship to hitch at the end, but I'm stuck at the BEGINNING! It seems there is an error, "failed to load t5luciado" and "failed to load t5luke" at the second town, so I can't get the first ride to the mainland.

This is from the version I just re-downloaded, on Wednesday, August 17. Man, this scenario is so buggy, I have no idea why I'm playing it again. In fact, maybe it should be taken down until some of the kinks are worked out.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #1
I'm assuming you're talking about "A Large Rebellion" as I got stuck at that part too. The newest version of it probably still has that bug then.

The area which you're talking about, is it when you talk to that ogre in the forge and he said like to meet him by the docks and then the error message popped up?

[ Wednesday, August 17, 2005 19:03: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #2
No, this is in the Beginning! I can't even start the scenario this time, because Luciano (and the lizard in the little house on the island) doesn't even have a PERSONALITY! The game is unable to load the personality into the town and associate it with the man sitting behind the desk! I hope the designer is reading this.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Apprentice
Member # 5920
Profile Homepage #3
:( How sad. My scenario gets more and more disliked.

But did it say something else??? It couldn't just have said "Failed to load", did it give any information (line numbers???).

:mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:

--------------------
"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul." -Sauron
Apprentice
Member # 309
Profile #4
Cheer up, it's not the people hate it. It just doesn't work (I can't get off the first little island no matter how hard I try.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Omikron:

:( How sad. My scenario gets more and more disliked.

But did it say something else??? It couldn't just have said "Failed to load", did it give any information (line numbers???).

:mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, I gave your scenairo a 3.5 as my review is up on SW's website. I'm assuming you've updated the scenairo already, but it appears that it's still not bug-free...

Edit: Besides, it's your first scenairo. I would bet that you'll make a much better one in the future, once you have time and all...

[ Friday, August 19, 2005 14:58: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Omikron:

Actually, BoA can give a "Failed to load [scriptname]" error if it just plain doesn't find a script file it's looking for. This either means that the script isn't in the scenario folder or is incorrectly named.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 2796
Profile #7
Hi,
quote:
"failed to load t5luciado" and "failed to load t5luke"
I suggest that you check the files from the latest zip on the
"Blades of Avernum scenarios" web page http://www.avernum.com/blades/scen_stuff/medium.html
you'll find that there are a whole mess of
text files missing, i.e. from t0stikk to t10east are missing.
Hope this helps.
gcmaxxon

--------------------
quote:
" He loved maps, and in his hall there hung a large one of the
Country Round with all his favourite walks marked on it in red ink."
---The Hobbit
pg21

Apprentice
Member # 5920
Profile Homepage #8
Do you mean that I have lost the files or that the keeper of the download site has? :confused:

Did it really say "luciado" or have you merely mispelt it? Since it is supposed to be luciano ? :confused:

By the way, at the ironycentral front page there is a text that says "If youre below 18 then get out of here...". Well, I am 13. Ha Ha. :P

[ Tuesday, August 23, 2005 05:36: Message edited by: Omikron ]

--------------------
"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul." -Sauron
Apprentice
Member # 5920
Profile Homepage #9
Why can't ye get out of the island? Doesn't it work that you help Sorsha with the earrings and thus become thrustworthy enough to be taken to Goldar by her husband Luciano. :confused:

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 2796
Profile #10
Hi,
It seems the keeper of the download site has lost your files!
Check it out! Hope this helps! :)

gcmaxxon

--------------------
quote:
---The Hobbit
pg21

Warrior
Member # 2796
Profile #11
Hi,
quote:

Why can't ye get out of the island? Doesn't it work that you help Sorsha with the earrings and thus become thrustworthy enough to be taken to Goldar by her husband Luciano.
That part works OK but I think the problem is with the following statement:
quote:

// Begin of your program and I quote.
beginstate 10;
if (character_in_party(1226))
{
message_dialog("Suddenly, Otto seems a bit mad.", "_Hey, youre not going to take me to the Empire lands, are you? Being thus close the centre of the Empire would make me get caught._");
end();
}
reset_dialog();
add_dialog_str(0, "You stand on the dock. If you were going to sail back to Valorim, this is the only available place. There are no ships currently, but if you'd wait a while, maybe you could hitch-hike on one.", 0);
add_dialog_str(1, "Do you wish to leave this scenario?", 0);
add_dialog_choice(0, "No");
add_dialog_choice(1, "Yes");
choice = run_dialog(1);
if (choice == 2) {
if (get_flag(8, 8) == 2)
{
message_dialog("You did what you were told to, and you got your reward. Now you are free to go home.", "THE END");
end_scenario(1);
}
message_dialog("It doesn't take long before a ship arrives here. While the sailors are loading the ship, you sneak in. Sometimes the foe is just too cunning and strong and, like now, fleeing is the best choice.", "Now you can only hope that somebody else will do the Serpent Salvation. THE END");
end_scenario(0);
}
break;
// End of your program and I End my quote.
// Ref: "t0nout.txt"

Question what is "if (character_in_party(1226))", what character is that?
Just trying to help!
gcmaxxon

--------------------
quote:
---The Hobbit
pg21

Apprentice
Member # 5920
Profile Homepage #12
The character refers to Otto (Me :cool: ) who can be picked from the hut east of the delta. He is a semi-rebel, and should be left at the camp in the deep. (It is not required to finish the game, and you could, of course, try getting him killed by a monster or "accidental" cloud of blades.)

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6278
Profile Homepage #13
well, i just tried, and it seems files really are missing.

"failed to load t5luciano"
"failed to load t5luke"

show after I cross the bridge to the second little island and before i enter the town Luciano lives in. This results in Luciano just sitting there and me unable to talk to him, therefore unable to use his boat.

I don't think it's any scripting error, because I had a look in the foldr and the two above files are not included. Hence they can't be called if they're not there.

I'm not moaning here, I'd just like to get the missing files, so I can continue.

Anyone?

--------------------
I outnumbered them one to thirty!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #14
You really did forget about 2/3 of the script files in your latest sending of ALR to Spidweb, Omikron. You should resubmit it with all files properly in place.

(That said, I have a semi-working version on my computer.)
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #15
I like that term. All should aspire to be "semi-working."

*this message sponsored by the democratic party*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.