Crescent Valley

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Crescent Valley
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #0
There is a new scenario in the Untried and Untested tables-- Crescent Valley. I finished it last night. Two questions-- any idea how to get into the Watchers tower and where is the ladies bracelet-- can't find it.

Get this one quick. There are some special surprises in it that might get it removed. Mr. Slack also made the infamous sailor scenario for Blades of Exile. :P

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
I never did find the bracelet. I don't think it exists.

The watchers' tower, though, you can get into if you just wander around talking to people in that town. Someone in the northwest has a key, I think. You have to find out whose family consisted of watchers and then ask that person about it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
Do you mean the bracelet in the rock? If so it's all the way to the southwest.

It was interesting that I kept making passes at women. Also Georgia tainted one of my PCs :P
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #3
...and it's "cresent", not "crescent".

And I found the amount of really hot female NPCs in that scenario to be somewhat disturbing.

Heck, I think there must have been about four times as many female NPCs than male ones (those with dialog, anyway).

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #4
new scenario! whoo! *runs off to play undisturbed by the comments of hot women*

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Apprentice
Member # 5350
Profile #5
I'm not sure where to report this but I found a minor bug. It is possible to solicit Georia and even have one charecter enter here house while riding a horse. At which point in her room there is not room to dismount and you are essentially stuck.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
Updated my item guides for this scenario. I'll look through for spells and skills later.

[ Monday, April 18, 2005 01:59: Message edited by: Imban ]
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #7
The link doesn't work.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #8
Kel, asked around, found out who it was and still aint getting anywhere. Any other tips for the tower?

--------------------
---------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
You found out whose family was watchers? Then go to the northwest and talk to some folks. One person will have a key.

It's, err... Belinda. Ask about the she-devil, then Demonslayer, then that her family was watchers.

EDIT: Also, Wizcozski's getting an Unhandled Exception error upon killing the bandit leader. Anyone know why this might be or how to fix it? I'm a bit baffled about it, myself.

[ Sunday, April 17, 2005 22:15: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #10
hand to hand combat...throw a fireball at him...and I talked to Belinda AFTER giving the she-devil what she wanted...all I get is a well done.

--------------------
---------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5721
Profile #11
I just saw, and played the scenario. I must say... it was quite... interesting.

Some advice for anyone who plays it ( contains slight spoiler ):
If you find massive boasts to your spells to be a little too overpowering, don't read the pedestal in the bandit cave. It raises some of your spells to very high levels ( i.e. Cloud of Blades to level 5, amongst other effects. )

Also, save before you do anything while on horses. I got stuck at the arena and had to reload.

quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

EDIT: Also, Wizcozski's getting an Unhandled Exception error upon killing the bandit leader. Anyone know why this might be or how to fix it? I'm a bit baffled about it, myself.
Odd. I didn't get such an error... tried reloading and doing it again?

[ Sunday, April 17, 2005 23:23: Message edited by: YeahThatGuy ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #12
As I said, I think its either hand to hand combat OR not being in combat mode. I reloaded, hit him with a fireball and he died.

--------------------
---------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5721
Profile #13
I say it's just a bad copy. I've killed the guy with a bow ( well, sling ) twice, hand to hand in combat mode, hand to hand out of combat mode, and even sent him into a blazing death with repeated bolts of fire. No errors though...

It likes me more. :P
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #14
Fixed my post. From your messages, I assume I'll find spell boosts when I comb through the scripts today. :P

EDIT: I just did, and updated my spell list. I did some script reading for the book that you guys mentioned.

If you have level 0, 1, or 3 of the four spells it increases, repeated reads (3 for 0, 2 for 1, 1 for 3) will increase you to level 7 of those spells.

If you have level 2 of the four spells it increases, reading once will increase you to level 5 in that spell.

If your spell is already level 4 or higher, the book will have no effect.

To simplify things in my spell guides, I ignored the level 2 -> level 5 path, as it is less desirable in any case.

EDIT: And I updated my skill guide, too.

[ Monday, April 18, 2005 03:15: Message edited by: Imban ]
Apprentice
Member # 3811
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by YeahThatGuy:

quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Odd. I didn't get such an error... tried reloading and doing it again?

I got the error about 3 times in a row, then I left and finished the candlestick quest and met the she-devil to hear about the doll. When I came back I was able to kill the leader.

EDIT: With melee, btw -- didn't try spell or missile.

[ Monday, April 18, 2005 11:51: Message edited by: Enkephalin ]
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #16
***spoilers***
***spoilers***
***spoilers***

Can anybody give me a hint how to find out about the Watcher family? I've been everywhere, I've got the doll, but I can't talk to the she-demon without coming onto her, ending in combat. I figure whether it's part of the main plot or not, getting into that tower would probably be a good idea.
Apprentice
Member # 5294
Profile Homepage #17
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to get the issues with the horses fixed (must be a cowboy wanting to do everything on a horse :D ).
I need to check the spell book stuff again. I did notice one time my spell level raise to 7 and couldn't figure out how that happened. Need to look at that and not let it go above 3 (as I thought I had intended).
The other exception with the bandit leader, I'm not sure about. I'll see if I can spot something.

Mike

(Infamous BOE pirates scenario, what ever can you mean :cool: )
Apprentice
Member # 5294
Profile Homepage #18
As far as the watchers tower goes (spoiler below):

You need to talk to the magic seller in Farthest (assuming you've done Mayor Clune's quest in Cresent Harbor), then talk to the weapon/armor seller in Farthest. Note, this just gets you a side quest you don't need to complete, unless you want/need demonslayer (which you will find out about during conversation in Farthest, again assuming you've done Mayor Clune's quest).
If you keep falling under the SD's spell, your parties 'will power' isn't high enough.
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #19
Nice scenario. :)

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #20
I'm feeling in a helpful mood, so I'll just contribute the necessary code to fix your spellbook bug. Basically, it seemed as if you were trying to add one to the levels of the spell every time you read the book, to a maximum of 4, but instead you were gaining your level + 1 levels each time you read it, so long as your current level was 3 or lower.

Basically, the change_spell_level call's last argument is a modifier to the player's current spell level. It doesn't set it.

i = 0;
while (i < 4) {
lvl = get_spell_level(i, 0, 16);
if (lvl < 4)
change_spell_level(i, 0, 16, 4 - lvl);
lvl = get_spell_level(i, 0, 19);
if (lvl < 4)
change_spell_level(i, 0, 19, 4 - lvl);
lvl = get_spell_level(i, 1, 15);
if (lvl < 4)
change_spell_level(i, 1, 15, 4 - lvl);
lvl = get_spell_level(i, 1, 17);
if (lvl < 4)
change_spell_level(i, 1, 17, 4 - lvl);
i = i + 1;
}

[ Monday, April 18, 2005 16:18: Message edited by: Imban ]
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #21
Just stop the conversation with the she demon when you get that hot feeling. Hit the done button. Restart the conversation. Ignore the reaction. Give her the doll when you get it.

Found the arena for fighting monsters. Got the arena helm. Found the watchers entrance to Avernum. Did the underground quests. There are some hidden parts which are easy to miss.

[ Monday, April 18, 2005 16:37: Message edited by: Toasty Warm ]

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Apprentice
Member # 3811
Profile #22
There must be more to it than that, because I tried to cancel-restart to get around her seduction. Every time I dangled her dolly in front of her I wanted to sexually assault her.
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #23
Oh, yeah, I didn't go through with fighting her after the first time, when I tested out the only available replies. I'll poke around some more in Farthest (awesome town name, by the way), and see if I can pick up the stuff about Demonslayer. I've done Clune's quest about the lighthouse already, so I should be able to get things straight.
Apprentice
Member # 5294
Profile Homepage #24
Thanks for the help Imban. I must've looked at that code several [dozen] times (gotta kick myself to read the function descriptions better). Got the horse stuff fixed also. Just about ready to post an update.

EDIT: Sent a new version (1.0.1) to SW today (4/23) with the horse and spell book fixes.

BTW, don't currently have a Mac, does someone know of a good Mac resource creator for Windows? Did a quick search and just found a resource reader program. It'd probably go up faster if I create a .SIT with the .ZIP to send to SW.

[ Saturday, April 23, 2005 02:14: Message edited by: MikeS ]

Pages