Grad 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Grad 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #75
What about alcohol-free wine? I don't really know much about it, but is that what you were talking about, Alorael?

Thank you, Omelette. I'd appreciate if people would stop refering to my "bizarre" religious beliefs, opinions, etc. just because they're different from those of most people here, but very few people have been defending me at all since Ikari left so thanks anyway.

As for drinking needles... I think that he meant exactly what he said, because I have never heard that before, like used as an expression or whatever, and yeah it's bizarre.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #76
His point was that he believes no-one has any right to stop him doing himself harm if he wants to.

I think that any drugs that are legalised should first be ascertained to be in plentiful supply (especially the physically addictive ones), and cheaply (isn't half the problem with drugs that the druggies have to steal to be able to afford their fix?), with comprehensive and completely adequate rehab facilities available. Even granting that society has no right to stop the individual harming themself, society should be prepared to deal with the harm they have caused themselves when they want it dealt with. In the example where you swallow a thousand needles, for example, you should not be encouraged to do that in a society where, if you then apply for hospital treatment, there is nothing that can be done to repair the damage you have done to yourself.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #77
Alcohol-free wine is like sex with a lead condom. You can do it, but what's the point?
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #78
quote:
Originally written by E.U.:

Alcohol-free wine is like sex with a lead condom. You can do it, but what's the point?
If you're trying to say tha the only point of drinking wine is for the alcoholic content, then you're wrong. If I wanted to get drunk I'd drink spirits. The reason that non-alcoholic wine is useless is that it tastes awful.

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #79
When I go forward / You go backwards / Somewhere we will meet

No, Jigga, I'm suggesting exactly what you're saying. It tastes worse than carton wine, and I'd rather drink cheap gin straight than carton wine.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #80
Then apparently that's not what Alorael was talking about. I wouldn't know, since I'm 15 and too smart to start drinking anyway.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #81
quote:
Originally mistyped by Sir David, corrections in italics:
Then apparently that's not what Alorael was talking about. I wouldn't know, since I'm 15 and too uptight to start drinking anyway.

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #82
Smart may or may not be an adjective to use when it comes to deciding not to drink alcohol.
The same cannot be said for cigarettes.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #84
Why not? Are you saying it would be wise that 15-year-old-chaps started drinking and smoking just because it's cool, forgetting it's not healthy?

If you didn't, feel free to kick me again.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #85
He's saying that while it's not smart for 15-year-olds to start smoking, not drinking is not necessarily smart.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #86
You mean, drinking in general, getting drunk and becoming an alcoholic, or like in, for example, France, where kids drink.. uhh, lamed (?) wine?

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #87
I don't think a little alcohol is a bad thing.
It's important to know how alcohol makes you feel and discover your limits, so that when you find yourself in a situation where you end up drinking you know when to stop and don't make a fool of yourself.
That's better than always hearing 'no' from your parents and then going out and drinking a bottle of vodka with some friends first chance you get, making an ass of yourself in public, throwing up into a park fountain, bloodying your knees and elbows because you can't walk straight, and enjoying a two-day hangover afterwards. Good times.

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #88
In France, the kids drink real wine.
Although, however, I don't think that it isn't smart to not drink alcohol (of your own accord this is), and I very much admire t-totallers (I've never seen that written before, so I don't know how it should be).

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #89
It's spelled teetotaler, and I agree. On the other hand, they miss out on the health benefits of red wine and now beer, which contains some other compound that reduces your risk of cancer, I believe.

—Alorael, who has seen kids in Europe drink watered-down wine more often than undiluted wine. But anyway, they don't drink it like soda, either. And they actually learn how to not get drunk in college quite often, unlike many Americans...
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #90
Red wine does indeed have a health benefit in small amounts. Grape juice has the same health benefit without the alcohol.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #91
That reminds me that I should have a nice bottle somewhere. Cheers!

--------------------
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #92
I don't think the analogy that started this holds up.

If your partner wants you (assuming you're male, obviously) to put on a lead condom or something totally ridiculous that looks like Donald Duck, then that's giving pleasure to him or her, sort of what it's about.

Then again, even drinking vinegar is tolerable in good enough company.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #93
You still believe sex is about giving pleasure to the other person?

I'm dying here.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #94
I said I was too smart to drink at 15, not in general. Although I am diabetic, as well, and beer is full of carbs, so I won't drink much even when I'm at the age when it makes any sense whatsoever to drink...

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #95
Sex is a lot more fun if your partner is enjoying it, too. What's good for them is ultimately good for you.

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00

Pages