Happy Passover

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Happy Passover
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #0
It's time for another holiday well wishing topic.

Happy Passover as we start the 8 day holiday eating matza (the bread of affliction as I try once again to use it for a sandwich). It's also the time when children are encouraged to ask questions:

Little girl: "What does kosher mean?"
Mom (without any hesitation): "Expensive."

This was two years ago before inflation really kicked in and US factories disappeared that make Passover goods.

Enjoy
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #1
Apperantly the resident Spiderwebbers are more interested in Spam than Passover.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
One might say that this topic has been passed over.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #3
Children, somewhere on these boards I've hidden a special piece of matzoh, the afikomen. The first one to find it wins a prize.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #4
I first read the topic title as "Happy Passout". IMAGE(http://forum.nethergate.net/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Well, Happy Passover to all SWers who celebrate the holiday. And Happy Passout to any who might celebrate that most recent and obscure of holidays as well.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
The seder involves delicious food, but no bread for days? That's cruel!

—Alorael, who confesses to keeping only the loosest of passover diets. Cereal isn't bread!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #6
Thanks and happy Passover to all of you who celebrate it. We had guests this time round, and I must say it was quite funny: in our house we don't really abide by the rules. Ever few pages we stopped and my mother asked if we are still doing things correctly, or did we miss something?

But it's every year like that, and I don't mind. It makes stuff nicer. And let's be honest here, we do it more for the food than the Hagadah.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #7
Happy Passover! We did a really nice seder last night, using all the extra parts in the Haggadah. I also got to play the cello during the songs.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #8
Happy Passover!

quote:
Originally written by The Silverspine:

The seder involves delicious food, but no bread for days? That's cruel!

—Alorael, who confesses to keeping only the loosest of passover diets. Cereal isn't bread!

When I was observing the rules (mainly last couple years of college), I found "no bread during Passover" to be pretty easy to deal with: For breakfast, potatoes are allowed, as are Matza Brie(sp?) and fried eggs in general. Most soups are also ok, as are meat dishes and vegetable salads. Having a meal plan at Jewish student union helped, but I did it for a couple years without that. It just helps to have a large enough list of things you could make so that eliminating grain would still leave enough variety.

[ Sunday, April 20, 2008 21:34: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Oh man. Dikiyoba just envisioned potato Cheerios. Blech.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
The problem isn't the logistical difficulty of staying kosher for Passover. I am simply a bread addict. Giving up Cheerios and a good book in the evening is simply not going to happen.

—Alorael, who has at least justified (to himself, at any rate) not having separate plates. That's wasteful, and waste costs lives. Lives are more important than legal niceties.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #11
I had a friend that reduced the arguement about observing separate dishes to its absurd end. You need 4 houses to live in so you don't have to worry about accidently contaminating meat and dairy foods and Passover and rest of the year. One house for each type. :)

I do miss some junk food during Passover. Filling up on the cookies and candy they sell isn't the same.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #12
I'm jewish, so i celebrate Passover, but I eat bread anyway, to damn good to give up.

--------------------
For Auir! -Tassadar
I will rule this sector or see it burnt around me! -Arcturus Mengsk
Ghaal Korra!
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons!