Man six months pregnant

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Man six months pregnant
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Skomer:

A person's gender is defined by their anatomy and/or by how they identify themselves. It most certainly is not defined by their actions.
Well, gender is a social role, so it is defined to a certain extent by actions. And getting pregnant is a strange thing for someone who identifies as a man to do. But the man in question is probably more acutely aware of just how strange it is than any of us, and he's decided to go ahead anyway because he's committed to having a biological child by the only means available to him. It takes balls to do that.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

It takes balls to do that.
Or ovaries, actually.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

Or ovaries, actually.
Well, I'm sure someone's balls were involved in some way. But yes, ovaries too. Among various other reproductive parts. But that's more than enough information.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

Remember, kids: every time you 'lol', God kills a kitten.

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/7/08)
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

For the record, I, a practicing Christian, have no problems with transexuality.
No one should, its not their fault! C'mon!

quote:
Well, I'm sure someone's balls were involved in some way. But yes, ovaries too. Among various other reproductive parts. But that's more than enough information.
Yet you sling "children friendly board" crap at people...

quote:
Well, gender is a social role, so it is defined to a certain extent by actions. And getting pregnant is a strange thing for someone who identifies as a man to do. But the man in question is probably more acutely aware of just how strange it is than any of us, and he's decided to go ahead anyway because he's committed to having a biological child by the only means available to him.
Yeah, being the child must suck though, imagine: "Daddy, aren't I suppose to have a mommy?" which would lead to no emotional support, since the father would have to work. And also would the father be able to breastfe...On second thought, I don't want to ask.

--------------------
En Taro Adun, Executor Xel'Raga
Ghaal Korra!
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons! this is what you send to blizzard if they cancel Starcraft 2.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Prophet:

Mystic, what's so bad about transsexuality?
I never said it was good or bad. It just freaks me out a bit, that's all. In fact, when I was in sixth grade, one of my classmates wanted everyone to call him Jessica.
quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Doer of Stuff:

Mystic is a religious Christian of some sort
True, sort of. Catholic, to be precise. Practicing? Yes. Devout? Not really. Religious? Barely, if at all.
quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Doer of Stuff:

I don't mean any offense, Mystic, since you're generally cool. I should have kept my mouth shut, since it was rude and you can speak for yourself. I apologize.
Apology accepted.

I'm not exactly the best at expressing my opinions. I realize I can be quite blunt, and sometimes my point of view turns out to be a poison-tipped dart.
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

this thread should never have been started
I agree; in my opinion, some topics are just too controversial to be discussed without people ending up at each others' throats. This is turning out to be one of them.

[ Monday, April 07, 2008 15:33: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #30
Well yeah, but it is only controversial once we start expressing those diverse opinions. The content of the story isn't new. It's been done before. The content is legal, and is supposedly a private function between two people. It has nothing to do with SW, or it's games, or the people that play those games. It seems to solely be posted here because it was a slow news day for Excalibur and he felt compelled to post something.
I felt it was a poor choice because it offered nothing to this board, except perhaps some angry posts and feelings of later regret. In my opinion, people wishing to help the acceptance of this type of activity do so by not making a big deal out of it. They treat it as the natural occurrence that they believe it to be. It is only those who wish to discredit the practice that propagandize it.
So yeah. As much as it doesn't belong here, it is also tabloid journalism and belongs nowhere.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #31
Originally by Salmon:

quote:
In my opinion, people wishing to help the acceptance of this type of activity do so by not making a big deal out of it. They treat it as the natural occurrence that they believe it to be. It is only those who wish to discredit the practice that propagandize it.
So yeah. As much as it doesn't belong here, it is also tabloid journalism and belongs nowhere.
But, this wouldn't be news at all without the couple being willing to put the story out in the first place. And Dikiyoba can't imagine they want to discredit themselves.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #32
They spoke in an article in a niche magazine. The link is to a more mainstream source. I do not believe that they submitted the article to the mainstream source. But, I could be wrong. Mainstream picked it up, imo, because it is sensationalism and sells [advertising space].

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."

Pages