The Time has Come

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Time has Come
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #150
Then leave.

You have been here long enough now to realize that things aren't going to change. This is just the way things are here.

When you complain so fiercely about how you are treated, it just makes things worse. You are not sowing the seeds of change, ET, you are just stirring up negativity. Perhaps you will catalyze the formation of a wonderful society someday, but not right here, right now.

Personally, I'd prefer that you stay. But if you don't like it here, quit complaining and leave.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #151
quote:
Generic Mod:
Then leave.
Unfortunately, my love of Jeff's games outweighs my hatred for the people here. This is the only place I can come to talk about Geneforge. The fact that you, a mod, are telling my to leave it because this community has offended me and others and I have called them out on it is, frankly, disgraceful. I wish you mods took your job more seriously. You're supposed to keep this community friendly, not tell people to leave when they realize it isn't.

--------------------
You lose.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #152
Honestly, do yourself a favor and stop typing. You're not going to change anything, only annoy more people. Walk away from the keyboard.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #153
quote:
Originally written by a wannabe Hitler:

It's not fair! You're being mean to me! Poopie-heads!!
I don't understand why anyone reads ET's posts anymore. They're never insightful or useful in any way. They're just embarrassing and pathetic.

His persona is so confused that it doesn't even make any sense. He wants to pretend he's a monarch ("Emperor"), a Nazi dictator ("Concluding Resolution" = "Final Solution"), and a civil rights leader (the "I have a dream" earlier in this thread). If I cared about anything that ET says, I would be offended by his effort to play both Hitler and MLK at the same time.

Please, everyone, stop responding to ET. Just don't reply when he says anything. It's what I've been doing for a long time, and I'm much better off for it. Reply to me, reply to others in this thread, but not to him. Please.

[ Thursday, April 10, 2008 07:39: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #154
Wheee! Internal server errors are fun!

[ Thursday, April 10, 2008 07:37: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #155
w00t!

[ Thursday, April 10, 2008 07:45: Message edited by: Drew ]
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #156
quote:
Drew:
Have you considered how unfriendly you come across to many members?
I challenge you to find a time when I attacked someone that did not first offend either me or someone else first. I have never said a cross word to anyone that didn't ask for it. I have never made fun of someone for simply grammatical errors. I have never given anyone crap for 'spamming' or asking silly questions. I may be blatantly offensive to those who deserve it, but that is nothing compared to how subtly offensive other members are to people who don't.

And aw, poor Kelandon. I dropped his name and now he has to go back to making personal attacks. Predictable much?

[ Thursday, April 10, 2008 07:53: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #157
Man, just listen to yourself - Ephialtes ain't in it. It doesn't matter if you didn't get in the first word, and you certainly seem to offend easily. Any "credibility" you may have in those circumstances is completely eroded by your tendency to try to get in the nastiest last word. That's what leaves everyone with such a bad taste in their mouth concerning you.

When a "victim" acts like such a louse, it's hard to be sympathetic. I agree with Slarty.

[ Thursday, April 10, 2008 08:22: Message edited by: Drew ]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #158
Kelandon's an oldbie? When did that happen? I'm still a mid-bie... :rolleyes:

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #159
Interestingly enough, I play ET on another web board. Not exactly him, but pretty close. It ends up being that most of the better read members find my message to be accurate, but none of them can publicly agree with my caustic remarks, lest they be smeared with the vitriol which follows my remarks. The administration does keep a close eye on me though, as the barely literate masses usually find a way to be offended by the truth, and the [report post] button is alive and well, but I have never been banned, warned, or disciplined because I stick within the ruleset of the forum and the mods/admins.

But over there it matters. It is about the survival of an actual living species, and the nancy-pants method of communicating has failed for thirty years. Here, it isn't even a game. It's just a bunch of well off folks arguing semantics and intent in some crpgs.

So, if you love these games you have three choices.
1) conform to the ruleset and posting style of this forum, asking advice on the same as needed,
2) rage against the machine,
3) form a subforum for geneforge fans and run it as you see fit, or
4) stop loving the games.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Apprentice
Member # 13037
Profile #160
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin Salmon:

1) conform to the ruleset and posting style of this forum, asking advice on the same as needed,
You say this after four pages of verbal war on whether the rules are the same to everybody? :)
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #161
quote:
Originally written by Princess Starlight:

quote:
Originally written by Jumpin Salmon:

You say this after four pages of verbal war on whether the rules are the same to everybody? :)

A person can only be held responsible for their own posts, right?

To expand, Yes.

I've been hollered at by stareye once or twice, when I bent a rule or two. It seems easier to conform (to the extent that I am like anything else) than to furiously rebel against ... stuff.

[ Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:21: Message edited by: Jumpin Salmon ]

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Apprentice
Member # 13037
Profile #162
I'd have been content with the simple "Yes". :)
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #163
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

quote:
SoT:
I don't think any real oldbies were involved.
Did you not read what I just wrote?

No. Your post appeared while I was composing mine.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #164
*Smothers ET with love.*

No matter what you were told, the root reason for your bannings and 'beatings' was and continues to be your attitude. You complain about the administrative pride you want to bring down while constantly carrying your own Emperor's pride head and shoulders above everyone else. You emplore us to stop conforming to the way things are yet beckon us to think the same way you do. You demand to be taken seriously while you walk around with a silly red feather in your hat, literally. Honestly, I can't understand why you try to take the stand you do.

So, I'll just give you a giant bear hug and leave it at that.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs and Scenarios!!!!!
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #165
When ET originally arrived I found him rather difficult to take, due to his polemic, near-fascistic, views expressed in the Geneforge series debates, which were very nauseating and made him appear something of a troll. Since then however, he has proved to be far more three-dimensional than that and with that context I now find his rants against authority, etc more amusing. His IC posts in the RP threads are rather good, as well. So on balance I think the boards are better off for his presence. Except for threads like this one, where he seems intent on provoking anyone and everyone else for some reason.

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #166
quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

When ET originally arrived I found him rather difficult to take, due to his polemic, near-fascistic, views expressed in the Geneforge series debates, which were very nauseating and made him appear something of a troll. Since then however, he has proved to be far more three-dimensional than that and with that context I now find his rants against authority, etc more amusing. His IC posts in the RP threads are rather good, as well. So on balance I think the boards are better off for his presence. Except for threads like this one, where he seems intent on provoking anyone and everyone else for some reason.
Yeah, ET is cool, but I didn't know how he started out. Meh, this just proves that LT was a ET wanna be.

Ok, I'm done saying LT, don't kill me mods!

--------------------
For Auir! -Tassadar
I will rule this sector or see it burnt around me! -Arcturus Mengsk
Ghaal Korra!
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons!
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #167
I think that there are very few members here who can stand up before all the other community members and say "I have demonstrated no bias against or for any member group." I think that when it is impossible to be anonymous, it is impossible for others to be impartial. I am not suggesting that people avoid passing judgment or calling attention to issues which they consider serious problems. I am, however, suggesting that in the heat of the debate some people may have forgotten that they are not perfect; they are, in fact, human.

--------------------
"What can you do with an anthropology degree other than study people?"

"...Hunt people?"
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #168
Oh, I think everyone has had the chance to have their say here.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com

Pages