Return to dark castle

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Return to dark castle
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
We (or at least I) have been waiting for it for probably ten years, but it's there: Return to Dark Castle, the third installment in the dark castle series. I'm quite excited about it: it's nostalgia in millions of colors. I downloaded the demo to see what it's like, and it's nice. It's basically dark castle 1, 2 and a new game all in one, remade with better graphics. amazingly, though, it hasn't lost it charm.

*looks at the 'nja-nja-nja-nja-nja' dwarf like creatures and is content, while he throws rocks at vultures*

Return to Dark castle

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
It's about time. RtDC's been in development for, what, 5 years now? Probably longer. Still, it's good news: there aren't too many good 2D platformers being made outside of handhelds these days.

Now here's hoping the designers didn't screw it up.

EDIT: 12 years, apparently.

[ Saturday, March 22, 2008 18:02: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #2
It looks interesting, but my computer's too old.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Warrior
Member # 6934
Profile #3
Today life is good!

A couple of weeks ago I was trying to explain to a friend what a great game Dark Castle was. Coincidence?

DC was my first game on my first Mac (SE, 20MB(!) HD) way back in the late 80's. I'm absolutely thrilled. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, even though I still suck at the game.

Marvellous.

--------------------
Always try to be true to yourself - unless you suck
Lifecrafter
Member # 375
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

It looks interesting, but my computer's too old.
Same. *sigh*. Well, guess I'd better upgrade to Panther or Jaguar or whatever tiger Apple has named their new operating system after.

--------------------
"I liked white better."
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #5
And I thought Dark Castle was just a one off random thing I found on a random CD. Where is it I can find somewhere to download it and for Windows?

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1829
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by E=MC Hammered:

And I thought Dark Castle was just a one off random thing I found on a random CD. Where is it I can find somewhere to download it and for Windows?
Some pecking and scratching indicates that this particular worm is non-existent.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #7
Maybe, just maybe, it could be done.

I know it's possible to emulate Windows on a Mac, but how about emulating a Mac in Windows?

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #8
You can using Sheepshaver, but it absolutely crap for just about anything...

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 16013
Profile #9
According to Zack Black (the lead developer) they will start porting it to windows soon and they hope to have it out by this summer.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by The Mystic:

I know it's possible to emulate Windows on a Mac, but how about emulating a Mac in Windows?
I believe it's possible with Basilisk II, at least with the older systems (not sure about OSX), but I'm not sure how that'd be done. I'm still working on getting Classic to run on OSX. What can I say; since I still have OS9 on the other computer, it's not a high priority for me.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

Always remember, kids: every time you 'lol', God kills a kitten.

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/7/08)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis.:

quote:
Originally written by The Mystic:

I believe it's possible with Basilisk II, at least with the older systems (not sure about OSX), but I'm not sure how that'd be done. I'm still working on getting Classic to run on OSX. What can I say; since I still have OS9 on the other computer, it's not a high priority for me.

Basilisk II can only emulate a 68k Mac -- the kind that run at, oh, around 33 MHz at most. There's no way to run OS X on a system like that, and a fortiori no way to run Return to Dark Castle.

I'd recommend just waiting for the Windows version to come out.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #12
PearPC is a PPC Mac emulator for Windows. It needs a really powerful computer though and is very buggy.

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.