Pat Condell is a hero

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Pat Condell is a hero
Apprentice
Member # 8548
Profile #0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq4ObP_rzrs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ZLXbKeL2U

Check your pulse if you don't think this stuff is absolutely hilarious. :D As much as I love George Carlin, I think this guy is much better when it comes to ripping apart fundies.
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #1
quote:
Originally written by Higher Game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq4ObP_rzrs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ZLXbKeL2U

Check your pulse if you don't think this stuff is absolutely hilarious. :D As much as I love George Carlin, I think this guy is much better when it comes to ripping apart fundies.

I find that a rottweiler trained to go for the throat is much better when it comes to ripping apart fundies. Especially those Jehovah's Witnesses who go doorknocking at 9AM.

[ Tuesday, March 11, 2008 17:51: Message edited by: Lepus timidus ]

--------------------
"I am Barzhal, and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to the products of his own essence?

No, says the servile in Medab. It belongs to the oppressed.
No, says the Shaper in Terrestia. It belongs to the Shaper Council.
No, says the Trakovite in hiding. It belongs to no-one.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose… Ascension."
Posts: 136 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #2
Sure, I might have trouble seeing fundamentalist points of view, but it's equally hard for me to envision a world governed by free thinkers when people like you exist.

This man might not be as well spoken, but he raises some questions I think are interesting.

[ Tuesday, March 11, 2008 18:37: Message edited by: Enraged Slith ]

--------------------
Enraged Slith's Blades of Avernum Website

Kill Them Dead - Rate it now at CSR!
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #3
The JWs are mostly tolerable people. I find that talking with evangelicals of any persuasion does more work for rationality than rage. :)
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #4
How is a boring white guy characterizing Muslims as a homogeneous group supposed to be funny? I mean really, just because the bigotry comes from GB doesn't mean it is a good thing. It's time to stop talking about the groups, and start talking about the individuals.

On another note, training rotties to go for the throat is bad business.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
I found myself agreeing with Salmon, which doesn't happen every day, so it must mean something. I found his wild generalizations and simplistic assertions mind-numbing, not amusing. Maybe I'm just not ignorant enough to find this guy funny.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I found myself agreeing with Salmon, which doesn't happen every day, so it must mean something.
You better stop reading me, otherwise we'll turn out like Randy and Paula...

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #7
If you think those kind of videos are funny, your brain must be damaged. Why? Because if this guy is right, there are a billion people out there who really behave as stupidly as he said and it's very hard to change their minds; if that doesn't make you worried, you ought to think about it a few moments longer. And if he's wrong, well... look at the comments his video has. People cheer to this guy and spit down on religion they know little to nothing about; what does this tell about those people, or mankind in general?

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #8
It says that humanity behaves as stupidly as he does, which is worse still.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #9
I think I have a soft spot for commenting the comments of other youtube users; I just went on a posting spree there like I have never bothered to do here on spidweb. Wonderful.

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

I think I have a soft spot for commenting the comments of other youtube users; I just went on a posting spree there like I have never bothered to do here on spidweb. Wonderful.
Your words will probably fall on deaf ears there. I've survived reading the comments of other users on YouTube, but I almost died of sudden brain hemorrhaging. I've noticed that most YouTube viewers are excessively shallow, and immune to sense. That said, any words of wisdom you provided were likely replied with a steady stream of profanity and "your mom" jokes.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

Always remember, kids: every time you 'lol', God kills a kitten.

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/7/08)
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #11
YouTube commentaries are what our televisions would sound like if they could speak.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis.:

[QUOTE]Originally written by Frozen Feet:
[qb]I've noticed that most YouTube viewers are excessively shallow, and immune to sense.

In other words: just like the rest of humanity!

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

quote:
Originally written by Nemesis.:

[QUOTE]Originally written by Frozen Feet:
[qb]I've noticed that most YouTube viewers are excessively shallow, and immune to sense.

In other words: just like the rest of humanity!

Basically.

Urgh… don't get me started. I might never shut up. Let's just say that I hate people, and leave it at that.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

Always remember, kids: every time you 'lol', God kills a kitten.

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/7/08)
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #14
Originally by Nemesis:

quote:
Let's just say that I hate people, and leave it at that.
Somebody needs a group hug! :P

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #15
Wow, Pat Condell is right on the money. I'm not surprised that the liberals on this board aren't giving him a rimming, because liberal democracies HAVE been brainwashed and guilted into being tolerant of inherently violent and discriminatory beliefs, to the detriment of the natives. Vocal Muslims have made the very obvious observation that the best way to shut a white up when they criticise Islam is to call them an 'Islamaphobe' or 'Racist'. France and Denmark are two of the remaining European countries which have at least some cahones to stand up to these vicious brown thugs.

I'm not going to bandy words: Islam is inherently violent and discriminatory, just ask any dhimmi living in an Islamic theocracy. The fact that Islam is inherently violent doesn't trouble me so much, after all, which religion isn't inherently violent? My problem is that said violence is directed towards non-Muslims (read: The West), and that many liberals close their eyes to this fact while humming and hawing and accomodating their natural enemy.

Shame on you white people. How dare you bend over backwards for some foreign religion imported by our mortal enemies in the Middle-East who used to continously rip your ancestors a new one, in favour of the polytheistic religions full of kickass semi-nude muscular gods which are native to Western people. Granted, the semi-nomads of Europe might have sacrificed the occasional hot big-titted virgin, but their beliefs were still preferable to this Islam and Christian BS imported by foreigners.

[ Friday, March 14, 2008 20:19: Message edited by: Lepus timidus ]

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #16
Double post.

[ Friday, March 14, 2008 15:53: Message edited by: Lepus timidus ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #17
I believe Arancaytar gave you warning in another thread concerning these kinds of arguments, I suggest you heed his advice.

Now I never watched the video, so I'm probably being a bit intrusive.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #18
What 'kind' of arguments?

The observation that Islam is inherently violent and discriminatory? That's not an argument, that's the real deal.

The fact that the monotheistic religions were imported into Europe? Again, the real deal.

The fact that we, the West, accommodate foreigners who tend to hate us and our ways of life. You only need to look around you to verify the truth of this statement.

The fact that polytheistic religions native to the West were far superior to monotheistic religons because they promoted personal pleasure instead of suppressing it? Well, that is an opinion on my behalf. But I'd rather be attending an orgy than flagellating myself for thinking sexually of the married women next door.

Since when did citing the truth become a punishable offense on Spidweb?

I think it's funny how members can whine and moan on about how shallow and stupid the majority of the population is, yet when I make a critical remark about a smaller group of the population, everyone acts scandalised.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #19
A very similar, if not identical, argument was presented in another thread. Arancaytar deemed your comments as a hate speech, which is in violation of Spiderweb Software's code of conduct. In this instance, you again seem to be lashing out at certain groups of people. Even if I'm incorrect about correlating your comments to the code of conduct, instigating two similar heated arguments within a short period of time is insensitive.

None of us are whining and moaning Lepus Timidus. What you've said is in fact serious, but it also comes across as offensive or inflammatory and we don't appreciate it.

Don't get me wrong, Lepus, you probably will defend your belief to the core which is perfectly fine with me. I was even like you once, as many threads in the past would attest. However, I don't do that anymore, especially since later on the people here changed my opinion because they actually bothered to argue with someone ranting out of prejudice. You don't need to change your opinion, just be careful with how you use it.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Lepus timidus:

Shame on you all white people. How dare you bend over backwards for some foreign religion imported by our mortal enemies in the Middle-East who used to continously rip your ancestors a new one, in favour of the polytheistic religions full of kickass semi-nude muscular gods which are native to Western people.
You can't be real.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 8548
Profile #21
So is it ok or not to hate against haters? :confused:
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
+ Hate speech against a certain group of people, due to their religion, sex, sexual orientation, nationality, etc.
I think it depends on how it's interpreted, but my answer would be it's not okay. That is, if I understood your question correctly.

[ Friday, March 14, 2008 17:04: Message edited by: Excalibur ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

[QB]A very similar, if not identical, argument was presented in another thread. Arancaytar deemed your comments as a hate speech, which is in violation of Spiderweb Software's code of conduct.

Which was a load of baloney.

Don't get me wrong, this forum belongs to Jeff. Jeff and his mods can do whatever the hell they want. Yeah yeah, I know that online forums aren't a democracy, so don't bother trying to give me that lecture, because I'm way ahead of you.

But I do think they (including the glitchin' senior members) should stop acting as though they are tolerant angels. The truth is clear: Criticism of the East and/or Islam/Muslims is condemned by the collective on this forum. So instead of pretending to be a forum of free discussion which cracks down on 'hate speech' (oh how noble!), they should just be upfront and write in their rules:

"By the way evil whitey, criticising Islam/Muslims or Eastern is punishable by an insta-ban, as is Western/white pride."

Then the lines would be clearly drawn, none of this arbitrary 'hate speech' BS, which is completely open to interpretation. After all, what is hate speech to one individual may just be a commonly accepted truth by another. Criticism of the KKK may seem awfully hateful and bigoted to members of the said organisation, but seem like common sense to you and me.

The fact of the matter is that I'm unashamedly proferring an opinion which is considered to be radical and unorthodox (aka. politically incorrect) in the West, and am punished for doing such, while being condemned as a troll by the majority. What nonsenscial semantics. I don't go out of my way to upset people, but I don't go out of the way to conceal my beliefs or stare embarassed at the ground as I state them, either. If you are indeed offended, then perhaps you should man up and tolerate diversity of opinion instead of whining to the mods to protect you from 'nasty beliefs'.

All I ask is that the mods and members here be honest. Like a pro-democracy student in the People's Republic of China, I'm simply having my say, and outraged Communist police are running at me in Tiananmen Square to dragon kick me in the face for getting uppity and offending Mao and his children. And when they slip and fall in the mud and I laugh at their clumsy bumblings, I'm the one who's accused of making trouble.

So by all means, lecture and censor and ban me. But don't engage in this piss poor deception. I'm the innocent but opinionated and outspoken Chinese student who simply desires to express themselves, while the mods and senior members are the Communist thugs who wish to drub my kidneys with rubber truncheons until I piss blood, simply for going against the grain and offending their delicate sensibilities.

Admit that, and admit that it's not 'hate speech' you're cracking down on, but opinions which are considered politically incorrect in the West, and I'll shut up.

[ Friday, March 14, 2008 17:21: Message edited by: Lepus timidus ]

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

What you've said is in fact serious, but it also comes across as offensive or inflammatory and we don't appreciate it.
I'm not sure you are the spokesperson for this community. In any event, you don't speak for me.

[ Friday, March 14, 2008 17:16: Message edited by: Jumpin' Salmon ]

--------------------

Pages