*gurgle*

Error message

  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: *gurgle*
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #0
Can anyone suggest a RPG that is non-MMO and does not take that long to download..BoA just won't cut it no more..@_@

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Posts: 732 | Registered: Saturday, June 24 2006 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 13138
Profile #1
EV Nova? 90 megs...

--------------------
Preparedness, inventiveness, and quick reflexes are the keys to survival.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Thursday, January 10 2008 08:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #2
I have an old Mac game called Omega I could send to you, but I'm afraid it can't be downloaded anywhere. There's also the old Ultima III, but I don't know about the others in the series.

EV Nova isn't a short download, but it's definitely worth the wait.

--------------------
Drew - "Coincidence, correlation, or causation, I wonder?"
Posts: 1384 | Registered: Tuesday, February 6 2007 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #3
If you like turn-based strategy there is Battle for Wesnoth. It's freeware, and has a large secnario making community. It has rpg elements in the campaigns, but not as much in single battles.

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=
Posts: 454 | Registered: Monday, August 20 2007 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #4
Should have said that I was using Windows..@_@

I'll take a peek on Wesnoth..I'm currently searching for Icewind Dale..but can't find it..anyone know where can I download even a demo of it?

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Posts: 732 | Registered: Saturday, June 24 2006 07:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Azuma:

...BoA just won't cut it no more.
Heretic.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook.
Posts: 2864 | Registered: Monday, September 8 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Azuma:

Should have said that I was using Windows..@_@

I'll take a peek on Wesnoth..I'm currently searching for Icewind Dale..but can't find it..anyone know where can I download even a demo of it?

Good luck in your hunt. Interplay went out of business a few years ago, so the game is pretty rare now. I'm glad I got myself a copy before they went under.

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RP • Summaries • OoC • Roster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Posts: 1556 | Registered: Sunday, November 20 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 13138
Profile #7
VersionTracker hasn't failed me yet.

--------------------
Preparedness, inventiveness, and quick reflexes are the keys to survival.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Thursday, January 10 2008 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:
Good luck in your hunt. Interplay went out of business a few years ago, so the game is pretty rare now. I'm glad I got myself a copy before they went under.

Mind sharing?

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Posts: 732 | Registered: Saturday, June 24 2006 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Azuma:

quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:
Good luck in your hunt. Interplay went out of business a few years ago, so the game is pretty rare now. I'm glad I got myself a copy before they went under.

Mind sharing?

Sorry, it's still a copyrighted game, even if the company went under.

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RP • Summaries • OoC • Roster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Posts: 1556 | Registered: Sunday, November 20 2005 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #10
I think he was talking about the Vulcan mind melding trick, but you may be right too.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Posts: 4114 | Registered: Monday, April 25 2005 07:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #11
Yomp - they're still selling the IWD collection in stores. It's also pretty big.

Frankly, I don't think you should be soliciting cracks of software, even if it isn't Jeff's games, on this site. That sort of behavior tends to get folks banned.
Posts: 2242 | Registered: Saturday, April 10 2004 07:00
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Azuma:

Can anyone suggest a RPG that is non-MMO and does not take that long to download..BoA just won't cut it no more..@_@
On second thought, just make a scenario. I'd love to play something amusing, but BoA seems to be dividing its scenarios more and more cleanly between "story scenarios" and "combat scenarios." If you're bored, please make a scenario that reverses this trend.

[ Monday, February 04, 2008 00:53: Message edited by: Diprosopus ]
Posts: 134 | Registered: Sunday, February 3 2008 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Diprosopus:

I'd love to play something amusing...
Rats Aplenty, or Kill Them Dead should suffice.

quote:
..but BoA seems to be dividing its scenarios more and more cleanly between "story scenarios" and "combat scenarios."...

See Kingdom Hall for a scenario with no plot, and no combat.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook.
Posts: 2864 | Registered: Monday, September 8 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #14
Um... BoE is freeware now. Tons more scenarios there if you haven't looked at it yet.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Posts: 563 | Registered: Tuesday, July 27 2004 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Jewelz:

Um... BoE is freeware now. Tons more scenarios there if you haven't looked at it yet.
@_@

I know that..but my Exile prowess have dwindled..

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Posts: 732 | Registered: Saturday, June 24 2006 07:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Nikki.:

quote:
Originally written by Diprosopus:

I'd love to play something amusing...
Rats Aplenty, or Kill Them Dead should suffice.

I thought Aphobia was rather amusing, just to throw in something else. Imagine This Scenario is too silly for me though.

--------------------
Drew - "Coincidence, correlation, or causation, I wonder?"
Posts: 1384 | Registered: Tuesday, February 6 2007 08:00
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #17
quote:
Rats Aplenty, or Kill Them Dead should suffice.
I played them. Rats Aplenty had some good ideas in it, and everything was fairly smooth. Kill Them Dead suffered from a rough style, but that may have been on purpose. The scene with the engorged Boss was priceless.

quote:
See Kingdom Hall for a scenario with no plot, and no combat.
I thought the plot of Kingdom Hall was acceptable. That being said, sir, I'm not sure what sort of compliment you are fishing for.

quote:
I thought Aphobia was rather amusing, just to throw in something else. Imagine This Scenario is too silly for me though.
I'm sorry, it's just that I enough drugs and critical theory in college, I'm not sure why I need to take them in my computer games. ;) I did find both of them to be more subtle than most of TM's works, though. (At least I wasn't consorting with a host of cheap, Latin/German/Japanese allegories. Autorita casts Superstructure! Der Führer has a final solution for the bugbear problem.)
Posts: 134 | Registered: Sunday, February 3 2008 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #18
Azuma - did anyone suggest KoL? It is only MMO if you get into the PvP aspect. Otherwise it is more community driven. Oh, also Twilight heroes.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Posts: 4114 | Registered: Monday, April 25 2005 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #19
I'm currently taking a break from KoL..I did a miscalculation on the Wossname(?)..still can't get over it for ascension..@_@

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Posts: 732 | Registered: Saturday, June 24 2006 07:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #20
Azuma - The Silver Wossname? Relax. You can't win them all, and there's always next ascension to get it.

Dipothonguspus (or whatever the heck your name is) - Why don't you release a scenario of your own, then? After all, you've touted how easy it is to learn Avernumscript.

AMEND: Diprosopus. Boy, that's going to be a tricky one to remember and spell correctly on a regular basis.

[ Tuesday, February 12, 2008 09:28: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
In Last Hope's Light RP - The end is near...
Posts: 2686 | Registered: Friday, September 8 2006 07:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

quote:
Originally written by Nikki.:

quote:
Originally written by Diprosopus:

I'd love to play something amusing...
Rats Aplenty, or Kill Them Dead should suffice.

I thought Aphobia was rather amusing, just to throw in something else. Imagine This Scenario is too silly for me though.

ITS is not meant to be a comedy scenario.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook.
Posts: 2864 | Registered: Monday, September 8 2003 07:00