Play Time

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Play Time
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #0
This poll's identical to this one from Bioware.com. I'm curious how the Spiderweb numbers are distributed.

--------------------
"The projector's not working, so I'll deliver today's lecture through interpretive dance."

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 15 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=SDvpFYWBHSbi"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=SDvpFYWBHSbi"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
I beta tested for the last few months so I got to combine work and play. It also really increased my game time.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #2
It used to be more. However, having a full-time job has impacted my play time.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #3
I am not sure whether I should count KoL as a game or just chatroom, since I sometimes log in just for the chat, and the times I've stayed up until 2am were usually due to interesting conversations, rather than playing a game for too long.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #4
I put a well-made game on the same level as a well-written book, or a well-produced movie (and sometimes higher, as a game's staff must merge elements of the two); meaning also that like a good movie or a good book, once I discover I like it, it becomes very difficult for me to pull myself out of it. My last roommate jokes about how I "swap obsessions" between books and games on a regular basis, and that once I start a title, I don't stop until it's done.
So I play games. A lot.
I also read. A lot.

Games, unlike books, however, have this facinating aspect called "multiplayer", meaning that I can match wits, skills, and luck with my closest friends without any of us having to bring in games from home. And internet gaming gives me a great way to interact with my brother back home.
So I play games. A lot.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin is stuck on the fence, unable to decide what to do next.
I told him that bringing the parachute out was a bad idea.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #5
The amount of time I spend playing games is vastly decreased lately, mostly due to school work. Also, however, I've been devoting more of my free time to making games (Blades and work for my video-game programming class) and making tools to make games (working on AScript and the 3D Editor).

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
I recently got hooked on Settlers III again, but really I've been going almost game-less for most of 2007. Mostly I read or code.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Lenar:

Games, unlike books, however, have this facinating aspect called "multiplayer"
Clearly someone has never been to an Eye of Argon reading.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #8
21 or more hours sounds like an absurdity, but alas, I've met a few people devote much of their free time to gaming.

--------------------
"On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and the tossing of the sea" Luke 21:25
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #9
I hardly play at all these days, and when I do devote time to computer games, it's either designing for BoA, or Baldur's Gate, which I have rediscovered recently.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - pretty, pretty?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

21 or more hours sounds like an absurdity, but alas, I've met a few people devote much of their free time to gaming.
Per week, not per day. That's only 3 hours a day.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #11
I'm sure in summers of my youth I managed to get above 40 hours a week. I remember at least one 12 hour session of Diablo II...

[ Tuesday, November 13, 2007 03:09: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #12
I used to run on far less sleep than I do now. In high school and my first couple three years of college I was able to survive on 4-5 hours a night. Now I need a good 8. As such I had 10-20 more hours available for activities, often devoted to to whatever the latest RPG was. Now I'm almost 25, out of school, needing more sleep, married, often working overtime, doing activities in the community, etc... Gametime is seriously diminished. Every so often I put on a pot of coffee and hammer an all night session. Last week I played GRAW from 10 Saturday night til 7 Sunday morning. The wife is leaving for a craft faire this weekend, A5 is out, can my body handle another all night session so quickly? We'll find out.

--------------------
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=412684821
alexkaltsas.com
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #13
Now that I think about it, the time I spend playing tactile games far outweighs the time I spend playing video games.

--------------------
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
- Mark Twain
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #14
Wow, we are all over the bord on that graph. I was suprised to see that there were so many that do 21+ hours a week.

--------------------
Rahhar...