Boo

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Boo
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #25
No trick or treaters came to my house tonight.

--------------------
Vogel - "10% off on all of [our] products for the month of October. ... this discount applies to games, CDs, bundles, and even already discounted products."

Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #26
I celebrated with half a bag of Snickers and some soda. Go me.

Dikiyoba did briefly consider dressing up as a white blood cell for the sheer absurdity of being able to throw antibodies at people.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #27
Just got back from Gwar/Cradle of Filth concert... ears bleeding... covered in Gwar juice... epic dagron battle...

Paper due tomorrow...

[ Wednesday, October 31, 2007 20:46: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Nicothodes:

My friend is coming over and we are watching "Nightmare Before Christmas". *sings*it's ours this time...*

I <3 that film.

I had to dress up for work, so I spent the entire afternoon/evening in the most ridiculous vampire costume I could find. I got free wine though, so it's not terribly bad.

--------------------
"And the history books forgot about us, and the bible didn't mention us, the bible didn't mention us, not even once.
You are my sweetest downfall- I loved you first, I loved you first.
"

Nikki's Nook - BoA Scenarios and poetry.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

Nice crop of pumpkins Jewels, your kids have it good.
Thanks,(to Taliesin, too). I'm a bit disappointed this year though. We made a point to go pick our own pumpkins from the supposedly best patch in the Twin City area paying a premium price, only to have them start to rot the day after I carve them. Usually they last at least two weeks. Of course, usually it's below freezing instead of in the 60's, but still. They looked terrible by Halloween night. :(

Sorry nobody came to your house. Our bell rung less then a dozen times and three of those times it was my own kids. You'll just have to eat all that candy yourself... or mail some to me. I can help. ;)

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #30
Almost all gone. We have never gotten a trick-or-treater, and with only 2 dozen houses on this 6 mile road, I doubt we ever will. Not enough volume.

And on that note, I need to poll the audience and perhaps prolong this discussion. In Oregon it seems that it is okay to go business-to-business begging for candy. It also seems that various neighborhoods organize their times of operation so that kids get more candy. Some places have Halloween from noon to 3 on Sunday, and some 5-8 on Wednesday.

Does this happen in more places, or does Oregon just suck?

--------------------
Vogel - "10% off on all of [our] products for the month of October. ... this discount applies to games, CDs, bundles, and even already discounted products."

Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #31
Perhaps both are true. ;)

Or at least, I was going to say that, because it's hard to resist, but I am filled mostly with feelings of fondness for Oregon.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #32
So true, Salmy. My mom had to spend a lifetime at the bank waiting for all the little kids to pass through and get candy. I just trick-or-treated traditionally, though. My block gets no trick-or-treaters, so all of the houses were like, "Take more handfuls. More! Please, we don't want it!"

I didn't want to disappoint them.

My friend and I got nine-and-a-half pounds of candy total. Why can't you people reap the benefits of this wonderful day? Oh, riiiiight. Man, I always forget how young I am.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #33
I didn't do anythig yesterday, but today we raided the discount candy bins at Safeway.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #34
Ditto. No one came to my house, so I ate the candy and watched Harry Potter with a friend.

--------------------
We as a race have grown complacent with our computers and thinking machines. The Old Ways of thinking have been lost for millennia. Now, they have been found.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #35
This was the first year I didn't trick-or-treat. Unfortunately someone else at the video rental got to Nightmare Before Christmas before we did, so we watched Dawn of the Dead instead. The best part of the movie was the explanation why zombies were in a mall. "It's what they did in life. They don't know why they're here, they just are." We thought it described the vast majority of non-zombie shoppers. :P

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils

Pages