How Did You Find Spiderweb?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: How Did You Find Spiderweb?
Apprentice
Member # 5012
Profile #50
I found Exile and Exile 2 on one of those 1000 games CDs (like many others). It was the orginal versions of them, with the graphics by Jeff's old wife (the dark grey floor, red walls, and such).
I kept dying because back then I didn't really know what to do, so I couldn't find Tor to give me food, and ended up dying within Fort Avernum.

Back to the point, I then read the name of the site from the game, and came here, downloaded the new versions of Exile and such. Later I found out about Avernum, didn't like it at first, then got sucked into it, then found Geneforge etc etc etc.

--------------------
Yes, my username is an anagram.

It's a long story.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Wednesday, September 22 2004 07:00
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #51
Jeff used to distribute his games through. Fantasoft. They're still around as far as I know.

Checked. Their site is still up, but I don't know if they're still active or what.

[ Thursday, September 20, 2007 20:24: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #52
I discovered Geneforge 1 and 2 through WildGames, which generally suck but sometimes they have decent games from other companies. I got Geneforge 4 when it came out, and immediately surrendered my sanity to the fluffy turtles. I just find Spiderweb games so much more intelligent than my previous game addiction, Blizzard. I love the open plots and interactivity, as opposed to the rigid linearity of games like Diablo.

Also I just finished reading that ridiculous "Attack of the Noobs" story by Dikiyoba. Loved it, but it took a few hours to read.

--------------------
"I intend to find out who has the most treasure, kill them, take it, and repeat the process."
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #53
quote:
Originally written by Drayk-ula:

Also I just finished reading that ridiculous "Attack of the Noobs" story by Dikiyoba. Loved it, but it took a few hours to read.
Yeah, a lot of us feel she is a bit wordy, and she has been listening to her fanboys. Check out episode 3 to see just how minimalist she has become. Episode 4 seems to be evidence of the author backsliding into verbosity, but it's not over yet. She still has time to tighten it up and release a nice short story.

Edit - Episode 3 seems to be lost! Has she become so strict in her editing that she can remove even the underlying file structure? What will the critics think?

[ Thursday, September 20, 2007 23:05: Message edited by: Jumpin' Sarrrcasmon ]

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #54
I got the GF1 demo on (Macworld?) CD back when it was released. Played it for a day, found it too complicated (I musts have been about 6 or 7), and stuck it in a folder somewhere on the computer. Some years later, I found it again, thought "Oh, I remember this game; didn't I think it was bad?"
Then I played it, promptly loved it and finished the demo very quickly.
Then I went SW's site, discovered GF2, and was delighted about it and downloaded the demo too along with the demos for all the other games.

For a while I had my hands full. Then I bought BoA and GF4, they are my two favorites.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #55
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Nioca:

quote:
The only question is: would it work in reverse?
Why oh why would you want to be mistaken for Nikki? :P

Dikiyoba.

Nioca doesn't whine or quote dead poets/'80s bands enough to be mistaken for me. :P

Pages