Down to Earth OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Down to Earth OOC
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #25
I thought the name sounded familiar. Avernum Reloaded lives on!

And I had expected that more people would play Aesins. Meh, let's see how this works...

--------------------
In politics stupidity is not a handicap.
- Napoleon
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #26
To help people work with Fort Amity, I made a picture out of it: IMAGE(http://www.freewebs.com/noidanpata/Amity.JPG)

Dimensions for the fort walls (brown) are roughly 220' x 200'. One sleeping cabin is about 40' x 20'. The scale isn't exact as the the picture was made with MS paint.

Each of the sleeping quarters is meant to house ~30 men, but currently the situation is a bit different. Building number 1 houses about 40 men, where as the other occupied by the rookies has only 10 inhabitants. In addition to rookies, the fort has about 20 staff members (not all are official military personnel).

There are probably more rookies on the way to the fort. It might be that Jussi has to clean building number 5 as well.

I'll be adding new details in IC, and in OOC if necessary. I'll try to answer questions you might come up with.

[ Friday, September 07, 2007 02:11: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #27
I encourage rest of the participants to write their beginning ICs as soon as possible.

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #28
Stirring the pot. Sorry for you to lose your beautiful iron gates so soon.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #29
I've never done one of these before, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Name: Wris Storn
Backstory: Wris is known throughout Somala as an honest, hardworking man who loves his craft. As far as most people are concerned, he is a completely unremarkable person. He has a wife, Golda, who is pregnant, and a son, Owain. His loyalties lay with Somala, more than the Empire.

I thought it would be interesting to have a common place man as my character, but obviously he will be more impacted by the story than most, as iron is critical to his work.

I'll probably post a bit about his reaction to having his iron confiscated as my first bit, if that's okay.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
BoaEdit
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #30
Hum hum. Let's see what Jussi's to-do list is like:

- make new rookies "feel like home"

- keep on training the old ones

- gather up all idle iron in the fort area

- go and meet the captain of the old garrison

- intimidate the good villagers of Somala

Plus, he might meet a curious smuggler in the meantime. Seems like he's gonna have a busy next day...

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #31
Almost three weeks and only 11 posts? Maybe we shouldn't drag this on too much longer...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #32
I think I'll join this RP. Now that I've been approved by both Frozen Feet and Drakefyre. I didn't want to make this too long, but my character needs a lot of explaining so that people don't misunderstand anything.

Name: Wilhelmina Tschopp (Pronounced "chup")

Description:

Wilhelmina is a half-breed woman about 58 years old. She's about 6' tall and weighs around 125 lbs. She wears various styles of clothing, which she can afford due to her income. But she tends to favor ecclesiastical robes and such, preferably darker colors over bright ones. Her skin is slightly darker than most humans or Aesins, though why she never understood. Both of her parents were fair-skinned. Her hair is of a particularly beautiful golden color with an auburn stripe going down the center.

Despite being a half-breed, she took after her mother, who was a human. Her father is an Aesin. She does, however, have a slight point to her ears and her eyes are very slightly larger than those of humans. But instead of them being yellow or orange, hers are emerald green. She explains this away to anyone who asks by saying that she had a distant ancestor who was an Aesin and for an unknown reason, the traits remained in the family over the years. This convinces most people, especially when she produces historical documents to back up her claims. The documents of course having been doctored by her skilled hands.

She has the money to purchase whatever her heart desires, but she chooses to live simply instead of luxuriously. She is rumored to be the emperor's mistress, but she will neither deny nor confirm such allegations as he is already married. Such a scandal would ruin her instantly, so she chooses silence. She wears a jade necklace around her neck that matches her eyes and also has various other forms of jewelry that she only wears in public due to the discomfort they cause while drawing up documents. One little known fact about her is that she was previously trained in combat when she was young, but left that field to pursue one that was more diplomatic. She resides in the palace and has her own private quarters as well.

Background:

Wilhelmina was born in a small village not far from Somala, known as Rife. Her mother, being a human, died more than 15 years ago. Her father, who is still alive, now lives in the northern regions, having moved there to escape the growing prejudice against Aesins and because he has started becoming more pacifistic as the years go by. Despite being close to her father, she hasn't seen him since around the time that her mother died. It was agreed between them many years before that they should see as little of each other as possible so that she could maintain her position in the Meher Palace without any chance of her past being discovered. They do still exchange correspondence in secret to keep in touch.

She holds an aristocratic rank in The Meher Palace, which she has had for at least 37 years. She was recommended highly by the previous emperor's cabinet, so she was asked to stay on in her position. Her exact job description is unclear, though both she and the emperor tell everyone that she is the official kingdom scribe and she writes out all the orders that the emperor and his generals make. Under the cover of a human, Wilhelmina has been cautiously undermining the running of the Empire for years and has built up quite a wealthy reserve for herself. Subtle changes in documents lead to misinformation and misinformation leads to botched orders and campaigns. Some alterations also lead to money changing hands with the wrong people and some of it ends up in her private hoard.

When asked about her past, she tells people that both her parents died years ago of a fatal epidemic that spread throughout the empire, long before the "winter fever" scourge struck. And historical records back her up in this claim, but of course it was she that "altered" them to make it so. Even the emperor of the Meher Empire is unaware of her past. He came to power while she was already in office. Being an extremely secretive person and possessing the skill to rework documents and make things convincing, she has been able to fool everyone she has come up against. A select few though seem to remain suspicious of her and she has sometimes caught people looking at her in a questioning sort of way.

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #33
I've never played this before, I will try best I can.

Name:"Raider"Levitt Quickshank

Description:Levitt is a strong, tough human about 28 years old.His whole life he robbed people and hide from soldiers.He is about 6'2 tall and weights 170 pounds.He is very skilled with pole weapons and wields a big stell spear which he uses to threten and kill merchants and travellers.He is the leader of bandits which consistes of 3 fighters and 2 archers.

Background:Levitt was born in some small village at far west of empire.His parents died when he was only 9 years old.Being whitouth money and home he turned to only thing that was left to him.He started stealing money and food from people he was seen.He ran away rather then going to prison.He started robbing caravans which weren't having any weapons or soldiers.He quickly got some other poor people to join him.Eventually the empire sent soldiers to stop him but killed almoust all the bandits but he with couple more ran away.

Levitt moved to Somala where he intercept people and rob them.He is living in a well hidden cave which has many exits so he can wathc many different roads.He thinks aesians as lesser beings than humans and kills them even if they are very poor and has no use of it.He has many helpers in nearby villages which share his hatered for aesians and even some plunder.He sometimes even attacks military patrols which get to close to his hiddeout and people which protect aesians.

[ Thursday, October 04, 2007 03:54: Message edited by: LakiRa@ ]

--------------------
If you listen to LakiRA@ all will go well!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #34
Oh come one people. It's too early for this RP to just die off.

I can understand that people have busy lives, but everyone here can't have writers block.

--------------------

Gay Christian Network
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #35
No it isn't. It died in mid-September. Now just leave it be...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #36
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

Who died and made you owner of the RP? I take offense to you making a statement like that.

It may have died, but it need not stay dead. Just because you feel it's dead doesn't mean everyone shares that idea. Frozen feet was hoping to revive it.

--------------------

Gay Christian Network
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by Murder He Wrote:

quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

Who died and made you owner of the RP?

The RP did. There just wasn't much interest in this RP to begin with. That, plus fairly stringent limitations got this RP off to a poor start. It just went downhill from there.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaEl PresidenteWhere the Rivers MeetA Visit to the Madhouse
AvatarAphobiaIMAGINE THIS SCENARIO

Pages