Down to Earth OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Down to Earth OOC
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #0
Yuippee, another roleplay! In contrast to the epicness of Legends of Divinity, I now present you... well, something different. I hope people are interested.

Remember to read the rules care fully!

---

OOC:

The rules for this RP are:

- No killing off or controlling other people's characters without their permission.

- Don't double post. If you need to add something to an existing post, that's what the edit button's for.

- Keep your character's power level within reasonable limits! We are not going to play super-heroes here! Applies for political power also.

- Don't hoard minor characters! It's fine to take an outside look of your character if you feel like it, but if your main character has strong personality and good thematical backbone, you can get along fine with only him.

- Keep focus on Somala and its events! Getting our characters too widespread will make it hard to advance the story.

- The tech-level of the RP world is low. Crossbows (no repeaters) and catapults are about as advanced as it goes, most of the military is supplied with iron swords, ordinary longbows etc. NO aircraft, explosives (flaming jars of oil are okay, if it gets down to it) or machineguns.

- Magic level for this RP is also low. Both of the armies consist only of melee-weapon infantry, cavalry, archery and some siege weaponry. There are no battle-magicians or huge, lumbering warbeasts! Keep them out of this RP! Applies for "miracle-medicine" also; if your character gets wounded, he'll have to heal the ordinary way.

- This is not as much of a rule as it is reminder: this is not a combat-oriented roleplay. This isn't about fighting, it's about how bad politics step on the toes of ordinary people. Plan and develop your character accordingly. There's nothing wrong in playing an ordinary peasant for a change.

- You are free to come up with new political humbug and orders, but I and Drakey hold the final say about the grand political schemes of the two nations. I moderate the kingdom and he watches over the empire. If we say something you wrote is too much, well, then it is too much! And you ought to listen.

And as final bits of advice: don't plan too far ahead! Everything you're scheming may be spoiled by the next post. Improvisation isn't that hard, ye know. Also, leave others some room to breathe. Don't stuff your posts with too many events, or other people will have hard time reacting to them. Long posts are fine, as long as they have actual content and fill the previous requirement. Oh, and don't get too bogged down in describing one day; one or two posts are enough for 24 hours, unless something really interesting is going on.

Pieces of background information that will come in handy:

About aesins and their kindom:

Aesins are similar in build to ordinary humans, but there are some oddities in their physique that are worth mentioning: their eyes are generally much larger, and tend to glow slightly in the dark. Yellow and orange are perfectly normal eye-colors for them, although humans find this a bit unnerving. In the past, southern people thought that aesins were demons because of this. These eyes let aesins see much better in dark than humans would.

Aesins also have larger ears, which are often operated during childhood in such way that they grow to be pointed. This is not the natural state of their body, as many humans believe, just a product of custom. Aesinian hearing isn't significantly better than that of a human's, but they do hear some voices which are too high for humans to notice.

Aesins have much less body and facial hair than humans do. However, their skin is thicker, thougher and generally a better heat insulator, to allow them to survive in the harsh north.

Aesinian archers are fabled for their ability with the longbow, but this is purely a matter of training; they have no magical connection to their weapons whatsoever. Actually, many human archers are much more capable than them, but common people often forget this when enthrilled by the old tales.

Many human myths tell aesins to be immortal and immune to diseases. These are just that: myths. It is true that aesins are immune to many diseases that plague humans, but there are also many illnesses that are harmfull to them even though they have no effect whatsoever to humans. Aesins are a longlived race, with the average age of dying being around hundred-and-ten years (compare: human males of the empire, fourty years, females, fifty-five), but this longevity brings them a whole new set of problems that humans do not have to worry about. Overpopulation and insufficient food supplies have usually portrayed much bigger threats to aesinian societies than those of humans. Aesins tend to think much more about their future than humans do, and usually take much more time to ponder different situations. They are unwilling to take risk, and are extremely reluctant to harm their kinsmen; this is probably why riots and rebels are so scarce in aesinian history.

The Kindom is much older nation than the Meher Empire; it still has records from time when humans were a scattered bunch, fighting against each other in petty conflicts of supremacy. Well, actually the Empire still fights petty conflicts of supremacy, they just tend to be of larger scale. It should be noted, though, that the Kingdom has already passed its cultural highpoint; quality of new buildings is pathetic compared to the old ones, and there was a nation-wide "back to the forest" motion active several decades before the problems began.

Aesins used to have a complex, polytheistic hierarchy of gods, with several huge temples built for the most notable ones, but the people of the kindom have been slowly abandoning this system and its greedy priesthood; of the newer religions, a simple, monotheistic faith based around the Goddess of Earth and Forest, Mirva, is gaining ground amongst the ordinary folk. It is widely acknowledged that Aurean is a supporter of this religion, and this has caused some high-standing nobles to dislike him, but no-one has yet acted against him because of this.

About aesinian army:

During the centuries of peace, the Kingdom maintained only several regiments of well-trained soldiers; these soldiers mainly helped the Empire in its wars of expansion, but Aurean quickly withdrew them back to the Kingdom after rising to his current position. He quickly deployed these veterans to train new arrow-fodder for his army.

Currently, the aesinian army has strenght of only one division, but more people are dragged to its ranks every moment. Most of these soldiers are very young on aesinian standards, the average age being thirty years. One would be hard-pressed to find significantly older aesins in the army, as elder aesins are usually very pacifistic in nature. Aurean knows this, and has went to great troubles to ensure that his troops will be able to fight if the time comes. Heavy use of propaganda is common in the aesin ranks.

About the Empire and its people:

Meher Empire is vast, and thus contains a wide variety of people. Humans living near the Kingdom tend to have pale complexion and blonde hair, but overall the standard seems to be light-brown complexion and brown or black hair. Northern people are often said to have aesinian blood running through their veins; this used to be a compliment, but nowadays it's gaining more and more negative shades. If things continue to develop in the current vein, it's only a matter of time when northerlings and half-breeds will face serious discrimination.

The people who live near the border are hard working, living mostly of agriculture. Thus, they are strong and tough, and used to getting up early. This does not apply to citydwellers, who have tendency to be, if not weaker, at least much lazier. They are often better fed and healthy, though.

Meher Empire is rather barbaric as a whole, with only its capital and few other, big cities shining as beacons of advancement. However, development is steady, and the Empire might become the greatest culture of the future world, if it doesn't fall apart because of internal conflicts first.

Religion has traditionally held a small part in the lives of imperial people, but this has been changing during recent years; to help advance its imperialistic goals, the current emperor declared the cult of the War God, Throg, as the state religion. Other religions are still strong, but they are slowly losing popularity to this new competitor.

About the imperial army:

As is, the Empire is fighting a multi-front war in the south and east. Thus, it could deploy only small portion of its military strength against the aesins, but considering size of the Empire, it would still be well enough to deal with them. However, the current Emperor is not too keen on stopping his war of expansion, since doing so would leave its back open to much worse threats than the aesins currently are. However, after the "Iron farse", as it's now called, the public is, in increasing amounts, demanding that the they should be "wiped from the face of earth". (It should be noted that imperial rulers are much more vulnerable to assasination than aesinian ones.)

Most military forces near the border are currently consisting of local people, who have lived near the aesins for too long to really dislike them. However, in the imperial army discipline is harsh, and if it comes to it, fear of punishment alone is likely to hold the ranks together.

There are currently 3 separate regiments near the border of the Kingdom, but if need be, the Empire has countless more to expend.

Military ranks for both armies follow normal order (blame my lack of imagination), which, from top to bottom, is:

General, brigadier, colonel, lieutenant colonel, major, captain, lieutenant, warrant officer, sergeant, corporal, private.

---

My character:

Name: Jussi Varis
Rank & Occupation: Warrant Officer, practically in charge of Fort Amity.

Description: Varis is a robust, middle-aged man of average height, being around 5'9" tall and weighing roughly 165 pounds. He is currently dressed in a traditional blue-and-green uniform of the imperial army, and is armed with a scimitar-like sword common to imperial officers. He wears a black wool cap and an orange wool scarf around his neck and hides his left eye with blue scarf; rookies often speculate why, but no-one really knows. Varis himself claims it's purely a matter of style. Jussi hasn't shaved in a while so most of what is visible of his face is covered by a shaggy, black beard.

Jussi has a certain aura of drowsiness surrounding him, often causing new recruits to not take him seriously. They are often shocked when he starts barking orders with his rasp, metallic (and overtly loud) voice.

Background: Although it's sometimes hard to remember (even to himself), Varis is a born somalan. However, he has spent most of his life abroad, mainly in military occupations. He briefly served in the southern border wars, and has lots of weird tales to tell from that time. He retired from army in the age of 35, but was called back six years ago to look over the new training camp of Fort Amity, residing three miles south of Somala. He was given the task because of his experience and the fact that other capable officers were lacking from the area back then. That has unfortunately changed.

During his little time as a civilian, Jussi has spent most of his time as a carpenter (he never was very good at that), trying to make a living for himself and his family. Nowadays that problem is kinda solved, as Jussi himself puts it; his two sons have scattered to the world and he doesn't know a whole lot of their doings anymore. His wife died of "winter fever", a nasty epidemic that plagued the area four years ago. Only his daughter still resides in Somala, and she's more than old enough to hold on her own. Jussi still visits her semi-regularly, though.

Being 47 years old, Jussi is well past his prime. He has managed to stay strong and healthy by hard training and, especially in his violent past, by sheer dumb luck. He has gained some extra weight around the waist lately, though, but that's just healthy for a strong, active male. Jussi has great profiency with swords, staves, bows and other martial equipment. It's bit of a necessity, considering his current job.

Although Meher empire currently has cold relations with the aesins, Varis really can't make himself hate them. He grew in Somala and many of his best friends were aesins. Many of those fellows are still alive, although most have moved away from Somala during their adult lives. After his childhood, Varis didn't have many bonds with his town of birth, as he was nearly always on the move with the military. After his retirement he began to re-establish those bonds, but we know full-well what happened then.

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #1
no magic...

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #2
As I've said elsewhere, I'll be camping until Tuesday, and classes start Wednesday. So don't expect me to post within a week here (or in Legends of Divinity, or in Nova).

That said, I'm in (as a human, if people want to keep the players on both sides roughly the same).

I thinks we be needing more information on the Iron Farce and Somala, but that's probably going into the IC.

--------------------
Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
- Marechal Foch, 1911
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #3
Just to note, I'm also leaving for camping today, and won't be able to write untill sunday evening. If wanted or needed, I can post details of Somala and Fort Amity in OOC, but I'd better like to give them in IC. I'll wait untill some more players show up, though.

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Apprentice
Member # 8684
Profile #4
Hmm, I wouldn't mind giving this RP a go. I assume that Ft. Amity is located at/near Somala? Are there any 'game' mechanics on this forum (which I would prefer; I'm a fan of D&D with a strongly regulated rule system).
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
No, it's far more dialogue, description, and situation based. One of our pet peeves is players who list an inventory or their IC posts have things like "and now David casts Major Heal" etc. This is why the RPs tend to last so long - we can't kill off the annoying characters even if we want to (although Frozen Feet and I can do it in this RP) and it's hard for players to resolve conflicts because nobody wants to admit they've been outsmarted or defeated. But again, Frozen Feet and I will be able to throw the might of armies behind people, so that should also be a little different this go-round.

As for me, I decline to have a main character and instead will create and use characters in the employ of the Meher government and army.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #6
As soon as I get my new internet connection installed I'll see if I can jump in...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #7
Name: Ernie Potworth
Description: Is an aging elderly man who is balding.
About 5'5" and ways about 150 pounds. He is dressed in the standard uniform for low ranking palace servants when at work and his non work cloths are more like the peasants cloths. He is rarely seen with out his broom or mop. He is roughly in his 60's.

Most people barely recognize he is their he doesn't stick out to much. He has been around at the castle for the past decade and a half and knows everything that goes on their as well as all the latest rumors.

Background: Born in a remote village in the northern part of the empire. Although most don't know it he spent most of his early life as and adventurer and his job as a janitor is merely retirement.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #8
You realize that main palace is really far away from Somala, where everyone else will be, right?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #9
Well I'm not to sure how much effort I can put into it. So I will be fine.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 8684
Profile #10
Well, I don't know how this will turn out, and perhaps I'm slightly afraid of being outsmarted and whatnot (and perhaps just as much being included with those annoying characters who refuse to admit defeat XD), I can still give it a try.

My nick, Laudimir, is the name I used to use most often when I played D&D, but it would, perhaps, be silly to use that name in an RP.

Name: Alanor a'Tiriet (the first random-ish name that came to mind)

Rank/Occupation/Class?: Somalan Youth

Description: A young village youth of mixed parentage, Alanor in many ways looks very much like a human. The few exceptions are his eyes, which are almost a burnished bronze or gold color (and which have the usual [Aesinian] faint 'glow' in the dark, although they often seem to magnify and reflect light, rather than glow), and his slightly overlarge, pointed/ slightly upswept ears (slightly overlarge for a human, while slightly small for an Aesin. His ears are much less dramatically pointed, and one would probably have a difficult time even noticing the ears what with Alanor's longish hair). Alanor also lets his hair grow long, to about the length of his shoulders. It is of a pale blond color, often seeming to be nearly white. He tends to prefer to leave his hair unrestrained, leaving it to fall loosely and frame his face (and, generally cover the slight upswept pointedness of his ears, although this is just a feature of having long unrestrained hair). This generally accentuates his strikingly attractive face, despite the slightly eery eyes.

Alanor is known for having a strong moral compass and tending to stubbornly refuse to backdown when he believes he is right.

Background: Alanor (or Alan, as the villagers call him) is Somalan born and raised, although still young, at the age of 15. He has mostly grown up as an orphan-taken care of by the bulk of the village since his mother died. Although unbeknownst to Alanor, his mother was in fact a young Aesin woman who was raped by a (presumably human) soldier; his mother ended up dying from birth complications mostly unrelated to the rape.

He has thus far grown up being equally doted on by both human and Aesin somalans alike. In fact, he has never even questioned his own 'race,' and considers himself to only be Somalan. He has no clue what happened to either of his parents, and has only occasionally noticed the villagers brief looks of pity/sympathy, covered as quickly as it was briefly shown.

Thus far, Alanor has begun to take interest in the craft of smithing, particularly of the crafting blades, and has often been known to both help and pester the local smith. He has also shown an interest in the implementation of said blades, although could only be considered a rank-and-file novice. He also has some small experience in woodscraft, hunting and in the use of bows, particulary shortbows (he was but a child, of course). As a child, the local children would often play games of hide and seek in the woods, and learning how to track (and hide your tracks), as well as being at home in the woods, were major techniques in the game.

As it is now, Alanor has only JUST these past couple weeks begun to notice a tension in Somala. Further, Alanor has absolutely no political stances.

**I may go back and edit a bit, perhaps add something that deals with the plague that Frozenfeet mentioned. I keep noticing more things as I reread/scan back over the post.
Apprentice
Member # 10164
Profile #11
My character:

Name: Zephious Saudler
Rank & Occupation: Private, Patrols the nearby area.

Description: Zephious is young, just reaching 22 and still has an aura of recklessnes around him. He stands at 6'1" and weighs 150 pounds. Like all men of his rank, he wears the blue and green uniform of the imperial army proudly, and wears a light chainmail armour above his uniform. He is armed with a longsword passed down from his father. On his head sits a light helmet, more use for keeping the sun out of his eyes than any protection, although his long, dark brown hair still streams out of the helmet. Zephious shaves regually, disliking the distractions facial hair gives you while walking long footpatrols in search of enemies. He dislikes Warrant Officer Varis simply because of the number of punishments he has given to the reckless private, but he respects him from his experience and the rumors which creep around the small place.

Background: Zephious was born and raised in Tyrle, a small Hamlet nine miles from the town. He had a twin brother who died in the winter fever breakout a couple of years ago. For this, Zephious distrusts doctors as he blames them for the outbreak. His family is pure human, a fact they like to boast any 'half filths' they meet. Although Zephious has never met an aesin, because of how he was brought up, he thinks of them as unfit to live and would love a war to break out, though he usually ignores politics.

[ Saturday, September 01, 2007 01:20: Message edited by: Zephious Shadowsong ]

--------------------
My advise on Vista? Dont get it...
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #12
Three cheers to Drakey and Frozen Feet for making the laudable decision to retain control over the RP and be able to kick out those who are absurd, rather than having pages and pages of argument. Have fun guys.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Making poorly-sourced claims is not the same as determining something."
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #13
OOC: It's been quite a while...how is everyone?

IC:

Name: Eduar ‘Crow’ Sargistri

Description:

Eduar is a young human male. 22 years old and about 1.72 in height, Eduar is a slim, unshaven figure, but by no means weak. His relatively long brown hair is as wild as his personality and filthy as his worn-out garments. His ragged brown leather jacket gives him some kind of distinction but a quick look reveals it has seen better days, same thing can be said on just about everything else he wears. His only precious possessions are his two daggers of fine steel and a pendant that marks him as one of the Sargistri. Both are hidden deep beneath the rubbish he calls his clothes. Despite his appearance, Eduar is not without wealth, as he has accumulated some capital throug his journeys, both in gold and contacts.

Background:

Eduar Sargistri was born part of the wealthy Sargistri clan of upper Maltra, one of the ten mayor cities within the Empire. The Clan had been for many years a pillar of Maltran aristocracy until a political struggle in the region saw them end up on the loosing side. It wasn’t long before the empire put a price on their heads. At the age of 3 Eduar was given to a servant of the Sargistri family. The lonely woman was old and died before Eduar reached his 6th birthday.

Eduar was forced to survive on his own. Because of his upbringing in the dangerous shantytowns of Maltra he soon ended up working for the streetwise gangs and traders. He learned from the first the arts of thieving and close combat; from the later group he took the trickery of trade and smooth talking. It was in this period of his youth that he gained the nickname ‘Crow’ as Eduar enjoyed walking through the roofs of the narrow alleys where the crows usually waited for the unsuspecting rats. Since then he has adopted Crow as his name.

At the age of 18 Crow finally left Maltra pushed by the ‘winter fevers’ which had turned the city slums into pits of disease. He left with most of Maltra’s traders to other regions of the empire, but after two years of wondering across the Empire Crow was forced, because of the growing draft rate of the Empire, to travel north into the Aesinian lands. After two years in Aesinian territory Crow was ready to return. Word of the political situation had spread far and wide; Crow saw the changes himself throughout the border. For a young trader like Crow, this would be the chance to part ways with his caravan and craft a future of his own.

Word of mouth had it that the borders would soon be closed, slowing most trade routes but opening other opportunities for the crafty tradesmen. Such an opportunity presented itself in Fort Amity, only thee miles south of Somala. It was a new borderline post, with young guards, mostly local farmers who had been drafted from the surrounding areas. To the Empire, the Fort was little more than a way to make up numbers and a retirement spot for old veterans of the southern and eastern fronts. In Crow's eyes, it was a gold mine.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #14
Ooh! We have players! And those characters look nice too. Seems like a fine beginning to me. So, what if someone would write some IC?

For Safey: if you *really* want to play as a janitor of the imperial palace, use your wits to come up with some connection to Somala. Maybe your character uses to eavesdrop big, political plans, and thus stays connected to our characters? If you can come up with something good, at least I can accept your character.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 10164
Profile #15
Shouldn't you go first?

Seeming as your the commander of the fort, which will probably have all of the action

--------------------
My advise on Vista? Dont get it...
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #16
There is some already in the end of the beginning post of the IC topic. Look carefully, it is there...

[ Sunday, September 02, 2007 07:06: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 8684
Profile #17
I will prolly post within the next 24hrs. I was mostly waiting for more information and/or something to build for...

I guess I'm not used to taking liberty with the construction of a world.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #18
When you say "magic levels are low". . . you obviously mean no lightning bolts at the snap of a finger. . . But how low? Witchcraft-ey? Oneiromancy? Curses? Low, or just not battle-applicable?

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #19
By low he means no magic. The aesins may be described as having "magic in their veins" by the humans, but that's just old wives tales to explain their longer life span, etc.

--------------------
====
====
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #20
Name: Marxis "Helios" Ciotha
Occupation: Freelance work, of a less-than-legal nature. Prefers transfer of exotic goods.
Race: Aesin.
Height: 6'1''.
Weight: ~140 lbs.
Eye color: Bright gold.
Apparel: Generally wears the dark and dramatic cloaks of those involved with shady business.
Current Condition: Reasonably healthy, but recovering from recent illness.

Marxis has been working the darker sides of the Aesinian Kingdom for sometime. He was born and raised in the Meher Empire by his Aesin parents, now deceased. Despite his Aesinian descent and Meherian life style, he considers his loyalty only to himself. His most recent assignments have been on the Aesin/Meher border, where a new smuggling ring is emerging. Marxis hopes to take advantage of the new situation, giving both sides what they need (and earning a retirement fund in the process). His recent attempts at exploiting the recent conflict has lead him to Somala. Being a city of two divided races, it's a natural highway for contraband. However, Marxis has also heard that Somala is also home to several crime syndicates, which he'll have to tread around lightly.

His exploits in the Kingdom have earned him the nickname of Helios. Through a combination of brains, brawn, an uncanny knowledge of Aesin anatomy, and sheer dumb luck, he's managed to evade the law and remove almost all traces of his identity. As such, he's currently one of the most mysterious figures in the Kingdom, and his exploits have even reached Meher ears.

He relies on stealth to carry the day, but will frequently use poison and trickery should the job or his life depend on killing someone. He also carries what he claims to be a set of heirloom scissors with gold handles, but the scissors actually separate into a set of serrated battle knives for a situation from which he can't get away cleanly. He's known for ingenuity.

Marxis has a few moral lines he'll refuse to cross, but if the price is right, you can get him to do almost anything else.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #21
Looks like Marxis if the Aesinian counterpart of Crow...

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

For Safey: if you *really* want to play as a janitor of the imperial palace, use your wits to come up with some connection to Somala. Maybe your character uses to eavesdrop big, political plans, and thus stays connected to our characters? If you can come up with something good, at least I can accept your character.

Well I could do a bit of foreshadowing and act by proxy. The first I need someone to give me something to foreshadow and the later I need some guide lines. Until I come up with way to get involve. I will help develop a picture of imperial politics.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #23
Youpi! Now I get to be the hippy treehugger!

Well, sort of...

--------------------
I inherited a painting and a violin which turned out to be a Rembrandt and a Stradivarius. Unfortunately, Rembrandt made lousy violins and Stradivari was a terrible painter.
- Tommy Cooper
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #24
Name: Acrio "Dual-Blade" Sulfi
Race: Human

An skilled swordsman, Lt. Sulfi earned his rank years ago throughout the many border disputes of the Meher Empire. His nickname stemmed from his ability to effectively wield two swords. However, during his mid-fourties he suffered a deep wound, leading to an infection which cost him his left arm.

In the following years, he would be one of the few to survive the deadly "winter fever"; though, this was mainly because his rank afforded him better care than most. However, the disease still left it's mark. His lungs covered in scar tissue, Lt. Sulfi finds it difficult to accomplish most tasks without gasping for breath.

He is currently residing as a guest in Fort Amity. A nurse, Maroda, accompanies him at all times.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum

Pages