Easter Eggs

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Easter Eggs
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #0
I know the easter eggs from A2 and A3, but what about for all the other Spiderweb games?

This question has probably been asked before, but if there is I can't find that thread/s.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #1
for geneforge series it is the ornk canisters placed in each game.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #2
For G1, if you summon eight of the same monster on the main screen, you get a cute message (there are many different ones).

For G2, ???

For G3 (4?), if you burn enough creations on the main screen, it goes, "Haven't the poor creatures suffered enough?"

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #3
quote:
For G1, if you summon eight of the same monster on the main screen, you get a cute message (there are many different ones).

Oh yeah. I know that one.

As for the G3 one, very intereting. Never heard of that one.

--------------------
I like this image
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #4
Question remains unanswered.

--------------------
I like this image
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
E1/A1 has no easter egg. The other Exiles have the same ones as their Avernum counterparts. Nethergate has an easter egg so obscure nobody ever found it until Jeff said how to get it, and I can't remember what it is. A4 doesn't have one.

—Alorael, who thinks the question is now answered.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6923
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Tomorrow's Archimandrite Today:

E1/A1 has no easter egg.
I thought the cave with impassible barriers with some mention of Vahnatai was considered an easter egg?

--------------------
"There are no turtles anywhere" Ponder Stibbons
One, Two, Three, Pfhor, Five…
Avernum 2 AM Status
- Maps - Tomb of Dahris-Bok
- Annotation - Fort Draco/Ganrick Spider/Areana Caves
I lick this mage
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #7
No. It's considered foreshadowing. It's very clearly part of the world of Exile.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Making poorly-sourced claims is not the same as determining something."
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #8
I don't know if this is considered an easter egg, but when I first played gf1, which I got from relarcade being ignorant to spiderweb's existence at the time, I found some strange dialouge.

The sholia ( spelling?) you are sent to kill by the Takers aren't able to communicate with you properly without you knowing a certain degree of their language. I know a fair amount, enough to talk to their leaders, and I believe I was talking to a mage. he said something along the lines of this:

PC: What can you do?

Mage: I can shoot *uncomprehendible* out of my *uncomprehendible* and cover my enemies in *uncomprehendible*.

PC: What?

Mage: I am *unconprehendible*ing this up, aren't I?

I am not exactly sure ( my memory fails me once again) about the PC's latter lines, but I am almost completely sure the Shoilai mage's dialouge is correct.
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #9
Realarcade tends to corrupt games it gets a hold of but if not cool.

--------------------
When I close my eyes at night I see David Bowie.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
I don't think Jeff would be okay with another company deciding to alter his games. On the other hand, scripts are rather easy to mess with. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the line is a Jeff Vogel original, either. He did, after all, create the turgid fleshy sex drones of Almaria and Anaximander's special reward.

—Alorael, who supposes both of those are easter eggs (in E/A3 and A4, respectively). You need to use something like ResEdit to see the former and a quick script check to see the latter.

[ Friday, August 31, 2007 19:39: Message edited by: Lickerish Caducity ]
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #11
2 and 3, not 3 and 4.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Making poorly-sourced claims is not the same as determining something."
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #12
The mage lines are basically correct, but not found in that sequence.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #13
Dikiyoba, could you please post the correct dialouge. i hate to think I am posting incorrect information, also, not know that correct dialouge is going to eat at me day and night. Slowly consuming all other thoughts, and plunging me into a realm of nightmares and insanity.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Corrupted One:

PC: What can you do?

Mage: I can shoot *uncomprehendible* out of my *uncomprehendible* and cover my enemies in *uncomprehendible*.

PC: What?

Mage: I am *unconprehendible*ing this up, aren't I?

I am not exactly sure ( my memory fails me once again) about the PC's latter lines, but I am almost completely sure the Shoilai mage's dialouge is correct.

That's in the original version of the game. I think it becomes a bit clearer if you learn a little more of the Sholai tongue.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #15
Originally by Corrupted One:

quote:
Dikiyoba, could you please post the correct dialouge. i hate to think I am posting incorrect information, also, not know that correct dialouge is going to eat at me day and night. Slowly consuming all other thoughts, and plunging me into a realm of nightmares and insanity.
quote:
question = "What are you doing here?";
text1 = "_I am (garble) our lair against the evil (garble) outside who come to murder us. I know magic, and can shoot (garble) from my (garble) and cover the enemy with (garble)._";

question = "What is in that sack?";
text1 = "_Goods. When we flee Trajkov, I (garble) what I could. We hope to trade with serviles and (garble), but you understand, I am sure. We (garble) (garble) when we (garble). Right?_ He laughs.";

question = "Sorry. I didn't quite get that.";
text1 = "_Oh, I am sorry._ He looks nervous again. _It is simple. Old Sholai (garble). We (garble) (garble), when we (garble), unless we have (garble) our (garble)._ Seeing your lack of comprehension, he forces out a weak little laugh.";
text2 = "_I am (garble) this up, am I not?_";
Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #16
SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

I am pretty sure this isn't an easter egg but finding out the Shaper's origin was a pretty big surprise that you didn't necessarily find out by playing through the storyline.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
Whoops. Thanks, Slarty. I guess you need ResEdit for easter eggs. Except, of course, A4's face-leaping spiders.

—Alorael, who just messed up the Anaximander order. He really thought the sex drones were from A4, though. He should have been suspicious when Spotlight couldn't find the reference in the scripts.