Deleting Non-Spiderweb Games Forums

Error message

• Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Deleting Non-Spiderweb Games Forums
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

I think the point of posting in those forums would be made further moot by the fact that (I believe) Jeff will no longer be offering those games for sale at all. So you would be hosting forums for games that no longer are available.

SubTerra is still available. In fact, it was released as freeware a couple years ago, so you can download the full version from Radiant's site. (Which might be a reason Spidweb is no longer supporting it.)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #26
The SubTerra forum however is insignificant, considering it didn't spawn its own Supreme Cult.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
Polls are now properly spidered, archived and displayed. For an example, see http://pied-piper.ermarian.net/topic/1/4327 .

I still haven't put in any error handling for polls that no longer exist or that I didn't vote in.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #28
Aran - Now when you no longer have us, you still can chat with your bots. Although I think you will no longer be in control.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #29
I was going to mock you for the time you spent giving your bot a personality, but then I remembered my socket post on Polaris, and decided not to. ;)

--------------------
Hey! No chest-passing cucumbers at the table!
Warrior
Member # 6923
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Aran - Now when you no longer have us, you still can chat with your bots. Although I think you will no longer be in control.
I thought everyone on here was already one of his bots.

--------------------
"There are no turtles anywhere" Ponder Stibbons
One, Two, Three, Pfhor, Five…
Avernum 2 AM Status
- Maps - Tomb of Dahris-Bok
- Annotation - Fort Draco/Ganrick Spider/Areana Caves
I have an interest in "custard titles". I want one. Now!
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Kryten:

quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Almost right. I believe that Alo, Aran, and someone else are actual humans. Whatever those are.

--------------------
Born in the year 1984.

War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

I was going to mock you for the time you spent giving your bot a personality, but then I remembered my socket post on Polaris, and decided not to. ;)
Good catch. Your topic inspired me, actually. :)

(Incidentally, fun trivia: PPP and Endeavor use separate databases. PPP display member information by querying the public Endeavor API and parsing the XML data. I have much fun with their User-Agent strings when I do that.)

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6923
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by Orwellianking:

quote:
Originally written by Kryten:

Almost right. I believe that Alo, Aran, and someone else are actual humans. Whatever those are.

Aren't you a little old to believe in human tales?

Anyone who can say the next line gets 50 bonus points.

--------------------
"There are no turtles anywhere" Ponder Stibbons
One, Two, Three, Pfhor, Five…
Avernum 2 AM Status
- Maps - Tomb of Dahris-Bok
- Annotation - Fort Draco/Ganrick Spider/Areana Caves
I have an interest in "custard titles". I want one. Now!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #34
You know humans aren't real don't you?

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #35
Human tails? Humans don't have tails. I know this only because the internet told me so. And that's referring both to the quote and to the lack of tails.

—Alorael, who can't speak for anyone but himself and Aran, but he's absolutely certain that at least one of them is a bot and 23.56% certain that both of them are bots.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #36
Human tails? Humans don't have tails. I know this only because the internet told me so. And that's referring both to the quote and to the lack of tails.

—Alorael, who can't speak for anyone but himself and Aran, but he's absolutely certain that at least one of them is a bot and 23.56% certain that both of them are bots.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #37

Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #38
What's up with the triple post, Mr.Moderator !?!

Just kidding, I bet the UBB is acting up again. I've seen a few of these lately. Or maybe it's just my stupid, junky computer...stupid Internet Explorer...mac doesn't even support IE anymore...ah well...

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #39
You can now download Safari for Windows computers. Then you don't have the web browser to complain about until you hit a IE only web site.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #40
I think his complaint was that IE isn't updated on his Mac anymore. Also, Apple hasn't exactly been freehanded with Safari updates for those of us who are unwilling to shell out $129 for the latest version of OSX.

(Also, I believe that there are some very serious security exploits already located in WinSafari. Check out CNET for details.)

[ Friday, June 15, 2007 05:51: Message edited by: Drew ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Fractal:

Or maybe it's just my stupid, junky computer...stupid Internet Explorer...mac doesn't even support IE anymore...
Frankly, if you're still using IE on a Mac, you deserve everything you get. (Hell, if you're using IE, period. :P )

Are there actually any websites that try to lock out non-IE browsers that are worth visiting? I've experienced it only with microsoft.com and various malware-infested download sites...

----

Also, Piperbot appears to enjoy the opportunity to boss me around. I got no less than 12 emails today - I wonder who's looking at all the old polls. Piperbot is programmed to only act when someone actually looks at the site. I have this suspicion he's got a deal set up with Googlebot.

[ Friday, June 15, 2007 06:03: Message edited by: jg.faust ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #42
I have tried downloading Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc. but IE is determined to not let me replace it! Everything I download is a .dmg which this Mac 10.0.4 OS X computer has serious problems mounting to the disk. I even tried mounting it to a flash drive on another computer and transferring it to this one, but when I ran the application, all I got was the icon bouncing in the dock and stopping.

I am stuck until I get home to my better computer. At least I can still access this board, but that's about it. The other computer here is in high demand but is Intel so has to rest it's processers a lot. But that's ok.

To stay on topic, I don't want any more delays of deleting the old forums. They are just causing trouble. I say: Destroy them now!!! But I know that won't happen.

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #43
Now that the archives are complete, it should happen on schedule. Sunday night.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #44
Everything going fine? Endeavor run? Archives okay? I'm away on vacation right now and only just got the UMTS thingy working. (I was really scared of being away while the deletion was going on and returning to find my archives in a mess).

Well, it seems to be working, so unless you've noticed any funny mistakes, I'm relieved. :)

--------------------
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #45
So... it's still here. Did Jeff have a change of heart? Did the Ghosts of Richard White Past, Present, and Future visit him in the wee hours of the night, and change his erring ways?
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #46
I'm assuming he's just busy.

Edit: Please look at tech support and see if you can help me.

[ Monday, June 18, 2007 07:46: Message edited by: Fractal ]

--------------------
--Shaper wisdom from G2

The Mystic: "Vista is a rather funky and finicky OS to begin with."

Pages