Reccomend other RPGs

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Reccomend other RPGs
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #25
Theres a couple other games which are killer. One is called EV Nova and the other is called Ares. I'm not sure if Ares can be called an RPG but its a great older game, one of the best. And Nova just plain has great graphics and great storylines. There are about 6 different ones. I think I played all of them through. Nova is about you a new space captain who just got enough money to buy a shuttle (crappy little useless ship) then you find an old salt who offers to take you under his wing (thats the turtorial).

I sugest you go to Ambrosiasw.com and check out these two amazing games and download their free demos. Infact you can play Nova all the way through without buying it. The only downside being an insanely powerful unhurtible ship hunting you down every time you leave a planet. If you can't handle the pressure then just buy it. :cool:

--------------------
A duke is just a duke but you see, I am "The Duke"
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #26
Escape Velocity! After Starcraft thats probably my second most played game in hours. Hundreds of hours sunk into the EV games. I wish Ambrosia would kick off another EV, though Defcon has kept me busy for a while.
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by Dr. Johann Georg Faust:

Pong is so an RPG! I remember many a fun late-night session, seeing my paddle develop character, personality and depth, and watching the dramatic tale of high fantasy unravel before me.
To expand on this comment, I dare anyone to show me a more developed villian than the left paddle!

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Apprentice
Member # 8596
Profile #28
Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm just released, and that's been an enjoyable experience so far. I'm looking forward to Persona 3 as well, as the SMT games have never really disappointed me before.

--------------------
ni~pah
Shock Trooper
Member # 52
Profile Homepage #29
Higher end RPGs

- even if you don't like Star Wars(and I don't like it at all) Knights of the Old Republic I & II are brilliant. Also referred to as KOTOR I & II.
- Fable: story a bit meh, but excellent combat engine. The first and only time I have really tried and enjoyed Bows.
- Jade Empire
- Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Upcoming:

- Fable II - hopefully way better than Fable I, plus you get a pet dog ;)
- Mass Effect - coming out this year! Yay!!
- Alan Wake - graphics look amazing, I don't usually care about this, but this looks more like a film than a game

Mac RPGs

- Baldur's Gate I & II - this was the first RPG I played after Spiderweb ones, and I loved it. I played BG1 on a (now) old tangerine ibook, and it ran beautifully.
- Pillars of Garendall - this was OK, quite fun
- Cythera - also quite fun

Retro RPGs

- System's Twilight - more a puzzle RPG, but an absolutely brilliant, classic game
- Jewel of Arabia: Dreamers - a desert-themed RPG, Mac OS9 and before only. I loved this. The music and the history were so well detailed, and it was just amazing fun.
- Yipe

--------------------
Behind, the sea of time and space roars and follows swiftly
Shock Trooper
Member # 1829
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by SYNTAX_ERROR:

Fallout 1 & 2, because there are so few post-apocalyptic RPG's out there that are good!!!! I'm a dialog freak, so I'm all over this kind of stuff... I also like Planescape: Torment for the unusual plot, characters, and crazy awesome dialog, but it gets pretty tough at the end.
Bethesda actually has a trailer up for Fallout 3 now.

It's only a cinematic though, but seems to have some of the basic Fallout 'style' in it.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #31
The Duke said
quote:
Theres a couple other games which are killer. One is called EV Nova and the other is called Ares. I'm not sure if Ares can be called an RPG but its a great older game, one of the best.
Wow! I thought I was the only person in the world who still played Ares! I didn't know anyone who knows about Ambrosia besides me. Ever tried your hand at Hera? I am developing a plug right now, and I wish I had the resources to make EVN plugs. Very good games!

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7723
Profile #32
Nope. EVNova is easily in my all time top 5. There's nothing I know of quite like it. It has a special place in my heart along with dragon warrior and geneforge.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #33
[It's coming...

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 8826
Profile #34
Terranigma is really really good.
Although its only for the SNES so you'de either have to get a rom or (if you like being legal ;) ) actually get it for the SNES.
Also as far as online RPG's go www.kingdomofloathing.com is pretty good

[ Wednesday, June 13, 2007 18:41: Message edited by: Mondo ]
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #35
Kingdom of Loathing is far better than pretty good. :)

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Warrior
Member # 4638
Profile #36
The first computer RPG I ever played, Legacy of the Ancients:

http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/abandonware/pc/role_playing_games/games_g_m/legacy_of_the_ancients.html

--------------------
You are asleep.
Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be.
So it goes.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #37
By Andra:
quote:
Kingdom of Loathing is far better than pretty good.
I've been toying with the idea of possibly joining. Maybe. Is the Clan short of a character class if I do make said hypothetical character?

--------------------
I'm a very difficult size to shop for; I'm an extra-medium.
- Steven Wright
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #38
Nope. You play individually, so if you do join, pick whatever character class seems best to you.

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #39
Eh? What about Accordion Thief buffs?

--------------------
I've been selected for jury duty. It's kind of an insane case - 6000 ants dressed up as rice and robbed a Chinese restaurant. I don't think they did it.
- Steven Wright
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #40
There are buffbots for that sort of thing. And thanks to Maladictus (IV) we have an Accordian Thief buff bot in our clan already.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Apprentice
Member # 5505
Profile Homepage #41
For Mac, Realmz used to be pretty darn good...
I heard they were going to carbonize it, anyone have any word on that?

Pages