New Year's Resolutions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Year's Resolutions
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #25
I resolve to be more lazy, impatient, and hubristic.

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.
- Weinberg's Second Law
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

I also promise I will try not to 'accidentally' erase the entire Mountain Worg gauntlet. :P
Don't do that! It was the only way I was able to beat Echoes with a level-1 party!

(Mostly because it went into the gauntlet as a level-1 party, and came out as a level-30 party...)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #27
I know, Thuryl. You already told me about this on the Lyceum. ;)

Seriously, I doubt I'll be changing a lot of things other than bug-fixing, unless TM tells me otherwise.

By the way, you didn't really answer my question last time : how did you manage to beat the Pheadran Altar? Is there some secret place where you can buy/get antimagic cloud? Did I miss something while checking the shops and the text dump? I know high-level spells are mostly overrated, but antimagic cloud is still very useful. Even Inn of Blades (which I may end up fixing too) has more high-level spells than Echoes...
Or maybe you just gave one of your PCs 10 Luck and sent him/her to battle the Altar, ending combat every two turns to save and reload. :P

[ Friday, December 29, 2006 01:07: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

Or maybe you just gave one of your PCs 10 Luck and sent him/her to battle the Altar, ending combat every two turns to save and reload. :P
I'm hazy on that battle, but I abuse both Luck and ending combat often enough that that may very well have been what I did. :P

(Actually, doesn't somebody in Omega teach high-level mage spells? Karl Gottfried?)

[ Friday, December 29, 2006 01:50: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #29
Apparently, Karl Gottfried only sells a few priest spells which aren't that high-level and Imban sells some mage spells which aren't that high-level either.
The man who lets you make Wands of Binding is supposed to teach very powerful spells, but there's apparently no way to buy them from him. I'm going to check in both the Mac and PC versions just in case, but I'd honestly be surprised if there was any way to buy or find Antimagic Cloud. That's one of the few things I'd like to change, I think I'll ask TM about it once I'm done with the debugging stuff.

And by the way, Inn of Blades lets you learn a lot of spells, and some of them are much more high-level than the ones in Echoes (you get to learn Death Arrows and Avatar, and you can buy very high-level mage spells from Terror's Martyr, including Quickfire. There are also quite a few high-level priest spells you can buy/learn from other people or books, if I remember correctly).

[ Friday, December 29, 2006 06:04: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #30
I have put no thought into resolutions at all, which is never surprising.

Erm, now I'm on the spot though, I think I should to try and aspire to actually do something productive every day.

As for quitting bad habits, etc, what would be the point? I'd only start them again in a moment of uncharacteristic weakness...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #31
I never have them, because I'm bound to brake them now or later. It would be nice, though, if I would sit less time behind the computer.

EDIT ugh, typos... Yes, that's it! My new year's resolution is to stop typing so freaking fast !@#$%

[ Friday, December 29, 2006 06:38: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #32
My New Years' Resolution is to stop making promises I don't intend to keep. Therefore, my New Years' Resolution, well, isn't.

[ Friday, December 29, 2006 20:38: Message edited by: Robinator is a Beefcake ]

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'

Pages